Corsair Community

In need of stable timings for CMW16GX4M2C3000C15W on an Asus x470 Prime Pro/2600x

SnowViper

As the title states, I am in need of stable timings for CMW16GX4M2C3000C15W @ 3000Mhz as to get better performance from my system running an Ryzen 2600x.

Attempting to push the speed to 3000Mhz with the D.O.C.P. results in a stable startup at first, but crashing after about 20 minutes of casual internet surfing.

I am also trying htis for the first time, and also can't seem to find much of anything for my specific motherboard, even here.

I have a similar board, see my specs. Same CPU. I actually have the BIOS set to AUTO not DOCP then I bumped the speed up to 3000. It stays stable there no problem whatsoever but I can't reach the rated 3200.

Mine crashes when i have it on auto set @ 3000mhz as well, also does it for 2933, haven't tried lower.

Are you on a recent BIOS/UEFI update? At some point motherboard vendors updated for Ryzen 2000 series processors and that may improve memory compatibility.

More recently updates have been rolling out in prep for the newer Ryzen 3000 processors. In my case that helped compatibility for my overclock.

Typically it seems when using AUTO settings the voltage is not increased and you need to manually input the DRAM voltage the XMP or DOCP profile would otherwise attempt to use.

Edited by A Computer Guy

I have a similar board, see my specs. Same CPU. I actually have the BIOS set to AUTO not DOCP then I bumped the speed up to 3000. It stays stable there no problem whatsoever but I can't reach the rated 3200.

Ryzen 2000 series becomes limited when all 4 slots are filled from the load on the memory controller. For many people the limit is DDR4-2933.

Are you on a recent BIOS/UEFI update? At some point motherboard vendors updated for Ryzen 2000 series processors and that may improve memory compatibility.

More recently updates have been rolling out in prep for the newer Ryzen 3000 processors. In my case that helped compatibility for my overclock.

Typically it seems when using AUTO settings the voltage is not increased and you need to manually input the DRAM voltage the XMP or DOCP profile would otherwise attempt to use.

Asus announced the BIOS updates for the Ryzen 3000's two weeks ago and I'm still waiting on them to put them on their website so I can update and try. Currently running the latest available.

Asus announced the BIOS updates for the Ryzen 3000's two weeks ago and I'm still waiting on them to put them on their website so I can update and try. Currently running the latest available.

In the mean time check your DRAM voltage. If it is not set according to what the XMP or DOCP profile would set at the same frequency on AUTO then set the DRAM voltage manually.