Corsair Community

Firmware Showing 0.0 unable to update

Afo

My Device Managment shows in attached file. After downloading the latest firmware, I get stuck on this screen.

Firmware loader States it is upload status and not to shut off, but left up for 8-10 hours and nothing happened. Screen was actually locked up and finally had to use task manager to close. What do I need to do? Tried to get an RMA set up but there is no option for Link Commander, Cooling Module or Lighting module. Also the Commander is not reading anything from my H80 which is also installed. What do I do? Anyone else having this issue? When I first installed it showed everything, now nothing. This is a brand new build only 2 weeks old.

Oh I also tried removing software and doing a copmplete reinstall, same thing. Also in drop down menu prior to starting the firware update and locking up, can't get anything other than the commander to show up even though I have a cooling and lighting module plus H80- hooked in.

Help, Afo

fw00.thumb.jpg.3dd6a56c991c90e63d66270c21611ffd.jpg

FWwarn.thumb.jpg.7f33b5b556036a5765b18b3a5bd5287c.jpg

I posted in the Link section of forum and hoping to get a reply. Can't generate an RMA for Link Commander as not an option on the RMA page. Can you check my post under the Link forum and if it looks like I need to RMA the commander and or the modules can you tell me how?

Afo

Toasted -Latest chipset drivers?

-Try plug the USB cable from the Commander to a different one.

Try the firmware update again.

Just confirming you are using the "CorsairLinkUSBFW_1.1.9.s19" file?

Yes I have the latest drivers on all items

I did try switching the usb connection however same result

Yes the "CorsairLinkUSBFW_1.1.9.s19" is the one I am trying to use to update.

Oh I forgot to mention that in the interface I can see the CPU Temp, GPU temp and HDD temp, but that is all, LED, H80, Fans etc. are all gone.

Thanks, Afo

• Corsair Employee
That is what we would suggest unplug the Link Commander Unit from the USB port for about 10 Min then plug it back in and see if it will detect. If not detecting properly I would try and re-flash the firmware and repeat the above steps.

Yeah but I have tried to update the link firmware and the system locks up if flashing it different that the updating process? MB is fully updated and working fine as far as I can tell I think this is purely a link issue.

• Corsair Employee

The software is not seeing the Commander unit at all. The device that is showing up in the devices panel showing firmware of 0.0 is there as a "Demo mode" device. This would allow the software to be installed and someone can play around with it a little without having the hardware installed.

The Commander unit (running 1.1.9 firmware) itself should have an LED light on the back of the unit that is green when connected and communicating over the USB bus. It is red when connected and powered on but no communication with the USB bus. If yours does not light up and all when connected to the internal USB header the unit itself is not getting power or has failed. In your case since it was previously working, the later seems to be the case. As Ram Guy suggested, please contact us for an RMA of the product.

• Corsair Employee
My Device Managment shows in attached file. After downloading the latest firmware, I get stuck on this screen.

Firmware loader States it is upload status and not to shut off, but left up for 8-10 hours and nothing happened. Screen was actually locked up and finally had to use task manager to close. What do I need to do? Tried to get an RMA set up but there is no option for Link Commander, Cooling Module or Lighting module. Also the Commander is not reading anything from my H80 which is also installed. What do I do? Anyone else having this issue? When I first installed it showed everything, now nothing. This is a brand new build only 2 weeks old.

If you are trying to update the Commander unit to 2.0.6 firmware you will need to use the V2 software to do it. The firmware update is only for those people wishing to update to the V2 software and will not work with V1. If this is what happened, I would suggest to install the V2 software (2.0.16) and use it to try and flash the Commander unit again before sending it off for RMA. It may bring it back.

Request an RMA to get it replaced.

Your first post mentioned you can't find the option. Make sure you select Cases, Cooling then in the parts list select CL-9011106-WW (Link Cooling and Lightning Kit). This contains the Commander, Lightning Node and Cooling Node.

Ok. So I filled out the RMA request. I assume I need to wait to get an RMA number from the Corsair folks before I send it in?

Thanks for your help RamGuy and Toasted. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me on this. You both made this process easy.

RMA shipped yesterday via FedEx ground. Box use same box and packaging Corsair shipped it to me in. I printed and attached the label as recommended. I returned all parts of the kit in the original Link packaging. Hopefully there will be no delays in processing the RMA and replacing my equipment. Thanks again for everyone's help on this! Afo

Archived