Corsair Community

Motherboard sensors

Mark1978

Hi,

I have been having what appears to be random shutdowns where the screen will go black, all fans come on (or at least sounds like it) but the system is still "on".

I have tried many different things to understand the issue to no avail. As it happens at random times with no particular reason to it, i am unable to find the cause of the issue.

The only thing i cannot work out is what the sensors are for numbers 5 & 6 on my corsair link as the temperatures are very high. Is there any way to find out as there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the issue and this is the only thing i can find that could be causing the shutdowns.

Thanks in advance

Capture.thumb.PNG.41953ceef70f4c163d032f33f09410ee.PNG

The sensors in that section are motherboard values or at least Link's interpretation of them. Both Link and iCUE have difficulty accurately obtaining motherboard specific sensor data and they come back as duplicates or jibberish values. Nothing on your board is 99C, 124C, or -6C. If you are trying to get an accurate assessment of the motherboard, quit Link and the Corsair service and use either the motherboard's native software or something like AIDA or HWiNFO to grab those values.

I am not sure about your black screen issue, but it is not likely related to any motherboard temperature value. What you are describing sounds like a "freeze" with some kind of video signal loss. Memory problems can cause this or less frequently improper SA/IO voltages. I would try a basic memory stability test to check that first. Any recent changes there? New RAM kit, higher speeds, tighter timings?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Unfortunately ASUS software doesn't work properly with Windows 10 and I have been unable to find one that does work that isn't for this exact mobo.

Memtest completed 2 hours without issue.

AIDA64 stability test for an hour without issue.

HWiNFO info attached, same high temps showing too.

1755405519_Capture3.thumb.PNG.8c119dbf59f161995a0cabc10a92f7c3.PNG

2012003268_Capture4.PNG.3529f903dc4c9ca84724be2f5bb8a9f9.PNG

stabilitytest.png.8e3687eb9017223f8400b17c862b1d25.png

Yeah, no need to try force installing AI Suite stuff to read temps. That program is a terrible temp monitor anyway. Not sure how that leaves you with some of the TUF sensors though. I seem to recall there were a few unique ones on that series.

You'll notice you have a few garbage values in HWiNFO as well (min 0C, Max 127C, etc). Those could be the unique sensors, although I would expect them to be in the Asus Embedded Controller section (Asus EC). The other possibility is you did not get all of the Corsair services closed in the task manager and their is some conflict remaining. Either way, none of those values are genuine and I do not believe there is any reason to link the black screening stuff to temperature of component X.

On the other hand, the issue is obviously real. The RAM seems OK (no obvious defects), but then IO/SA issues can be really weird. I can see your SA voltage in Capture 3. It is not too high at all. The one tripping me up is the PCH IO voltage in the EC section. X99 had a couple of different voltages (you can see the "CPU/PCH 1.05v IO" voltages lower down. Don't go changing that. The PCH 1.495v reading is probably on Auto, I do remember my Asus X99 boards would set it high, but if that was really it there should have been a pre-existing thread with about 1000 people in it talking about this. Unfortunately, there is a similar thread but I am not sure if it is the same as what you are describing. Maybe glance through it a little. I do not have a clear recommendation for you right now.

Appreciate the response again.

Strangely the pc hasn't frozen or shutdown whilst any of the stress testing software was thrown at it.

However, I physically moved the PC forwards and to the side (insert a USB in the back) and then back again. On both occasions it did the same freeze action when i moved it forwards and again after the restart when i moved it back.

It has happened twice more on moving the pc a couple of times which leads me to believe its something else entirely. No idea what though! Power pack maybe?

• 2 weeks later...