Corsair Community

Computer won't post using xms ddr 400 512 mb

bankheadd

This is the problem I'm having, I have a Abit AT7-E mobo W/BIOS EB which is the lastiest for this mobo. Well I'm trying to upgrade my memory from 512MB to atleast 1GB, but I'm having no luck. I've tried ******** value memory 256, 512 & 1GB sticks and my computer won't POST. I ordered a 1GB PC2700 value ram from Memoryup, and it won't POST. I just got in last night a stick of Corsair XMS PC3200 512MB and it won't post either. What's odd about my sitaution is that the only memory that I can get to work is memory that was purchased around the same time the mobo came out. I have a set of PC 2700 2X256MB (GENERIC) my other set of ram is PC3200 2X256MB (********) I purchased this ram in the early 2001-03 time frame but it's the only ram I have gotten this computer to work with. I've tried all my ram slots and found that I have a bad ram slot. I've been having this problem for atleast a year and a half. This computer belongs to my daughter and I just want to be able to get a little more mileage out of it as she is now a teenager and downloads alot of itunes music & watches DVD's. If anyone can shed some lite on this please do. The computer spec:

AT7-E MOBO Bios ED

ATHLON XP 1900

512MB

WIN XP SP3

GEFORCE Ti4600

SAMSUNG 20X DVD BURNER

If I left out anything let me know. Thanks Don

Archived