Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

So I have turned on logs for the last week, covering about 20 crashs, the most recent one crashed my entire PC. Where do I upload them?

You could post them here as an attachment, or you could DM them to some of the Corsair staff that have previously replied to this thread; there are 2 or 3 at least.

You could also open a support ticket and send them that way as well.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I admit I haven't read the last 27 pages of posts yet but thought I'd add this very quickly in case it is of any help;

I have had a HX750i PSU, H80i V2, Corsair RAM and a K95 keyboard for around 3 years and iCue has run perfectly. Two days ago, I switched out the Corsair Link for the Commander Pro and since then I have started seeing the same symptoms as many others in this thread.

Currently setting the Sensor Logging to write out to a file and building a small batch file to read/delete the values and restart the service if they remain exactly the same for more than a few cycles.

Currently setting the Sensor Logging to write out to a file and building a small batch file to read/delete the values and restart the service if they remain exactly the same for more than a few cycles.

If it works please share the batch file, many of us here would be very grateful..

Hi all,

I admit I haven't read the last 27 pages of posts yet but thought I'd add this very quickly in case it is of any help;

I have had a HX750i PSU, H80i V2, Corsair RAM and a K95 keyboard for around 3 years and iCue has run perfectly. Two days ago, I switched out the Corsair Link for the Commander Pro and since then I have started seeing the same symptoms as many others in this thread.

If this works maybe you could also do a "For Dummies" explanation of how to do it for those of us for whom that last sentence may as well have been mandarin.

It does on the face of it appear to be a commander pro issue though.

Icue keeps restarting, lights are all over the place. One minute they are on, the next they turn off. My system has become so unstable during game play. I'm in metro exodus and hear the pc in the background opening and closing icue, switching lights on rainbow and making my game eventually crash. This latest update was horrible. Please fix this

EDIT: Hold off on using the code below, it is not correctly detecting the servioce freeze as the log file continues to be written with updated timestamps even when the values are not being updated. I forgot this when creating the code.

Hi all,

OK, I think I've got the batch file working, it's a bit of a kludge, if anyone would like to improve it, feel free! At the moment, all values are hardcoded, I may update it in the future to allow timeouts to be easily edited but this works for me.

1/ Set iCue to output sensor logs to a local folder every 120 seconds (this can be altered but not more than 600 seconds).

2/ Copy the code below into a file and name it 'Check.bat'. Be careful of Windows hiding the file extension 'Check.bat.txt' will not work. Ensure this file is in the same folder as the .csv files that are output by iCue.

3/ Use Windows Task Scheduler to run the batch file once every 5 minutes. Make sure you check the setting shown in the last image ("Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed") if you shut down your computer at night.

The batch file will search the folder for the most recent .csv file and will create a copy (because iCue holds a lock on the original file). It will then delete any .csv files more than 1 day old. It will extract the last line from the file and parse out the time of the most recent entry. If this entry is more than 5 minutes old, it will restart the "Corsair Service" on the local machine.

Testing has been limited, this is more of a starting point but should work fine however, it should go without saying that using this is at your own risk, I cannot see how it would cause any harm but....

Also, I will be around to assist if possible but responses may be slow!

Finally; a rant! Whilst this certainly doesn't address the root cause of the issue, I feel it would not take much effort from Corsair to implement something internally!

@echo off
cls
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

del "tempBat.txt"

for /f %%i in ('dir /b/a-d/od/t:c') do set LAST=%%i
echo The most recently created file is %LAST%
copy %LAST% "tempBat.txt"
echo Removing all old files...
forfiles /D -1 /M *.csv /C "cmd /c del @file"

set /A firstTail=1, lastTail=0
for /F "delims=" %%a in (tempBat.txt) do (
  set /A lastTail+=1, lines=lastTail-firstTail+1
  set "lastLine[!lastTail!]=%%a"
  if !lines! gtr 1 (
     set "lastLine[!firstTail!]="
     set /A firstTail+=1
  )
)
@for /L %%i in (%firstTail%,1,%lastTail%) do (set logTime=!lastLine[%%i]:~0,21!)
@echo.
if %logTime:~4,1%==/ (
set logTime=%logTime:~10,8%
) else (
set logTime=%logTime:~11,8%
)
set logTime=%logTime%.00
@echo logTime:    %logTime%
@echo ActualTime: %TIME%

set startTime=%logTime%
set endTime=%TIME%

@echo.
rem Get elapsed time:
set "end=!endTime:%time:~8,1%=%%100)*100+1!"  &  set "start=!startTime:%time:~8,1%=%%100)*100+1!"
set /A "elap=((((10!end:%time:~2,1%=%%100)*60+1!%%100)-((((10!start:%time:~2,1%=%%100)*60+1!%%100)"
echo Elapsed (Seconds):  %elap:~0,-2%
set %elap%=%elap:~0,-2%
@echo.
if %elap% gtr 60000 (
@echo Service Failed
net stop "Corsair Service"
net Start "Corsair Service"
) else (
@echo Service Running
)
@echo.

RNg7QfbIWjVQUAzDttbG0eFrIhyildTXaVgOVdBHTtSR07oda-vg03OpEU6VhaJb_iwuwE2cgORN7gjFWQAtvmmRTYZU2QT_ty96I5djOQwiew4tNsklmSIQ4dVIdUZu1AmdYRAxsvQ=w2400

VYgeJ8AzHQL9nalznkyFJn8cQLG_AnvtWMY7G4UD6B0YGGpcJaV8dpU-LE82MI0pOac9Z2pRudLnAh87Hqnh0yQNAxqK5y6xJZaU_vwkRyP2s08tDS51HNzeuSIlXx8MmbmkJeoSN4U=w2400

BDjn14McyhAWcQqMBREFALMsiKjJ8VpZFYm_Rkl7UM9rg89ivPSoZQVehH12bpS7XhqzQcy6S_3J9nlQ6D6kE-AXnOjB60HHYYopeZuEtJHMyEv-kofvORthHx0XadcJYvrD37gEs6Q=w2400

-_QmadIGvkdheuYJbJF9KJzsWvdNhfJr_iLZDtJYBcadyXp_UA4wPjROunLB7FL3xSXp8oRfx2RIaeI7tuIUijdP57HUCihNi6_dn1dQjRLWF-csfLCJcyVxYFN2y59CzzUgYfg2w6E=w2400

cqSe_oRF1zzBhDkc9j-rUE6-R4IoodwblDA2Voy-M-MmSGAJN5nULkWijIV3mdhGZPa5gg9gdhNUXl3c7oAktdjgKjeOCollpvIHp1739g7fuT4XbQQcDDJKfTXeZm9epxOkhr0AW4E=w2400

Edited by RexNoctis
Incorrect Instructions

Donc la solution c'est de relancer iCue tous les 5 min... Génial, moi il plante toutes les 10 sec ...

Je crois que je vais virer mon commander pro et passer tester chez NZXT...

Je cherche toujours un contrôleur de ventilateur avec UNE MÉMOIRE INTÉGRÉE!!!!

Edited by Krd-Elsoy

Well, 3.26.95 is pretty incredible really. I'm not sure if I should describe it as better or worse, really. Now, iCue entirely just silently quits/crashes. It quits, lights turn off (my HW default, I think) and then if I hover the mouse over the tray icon, it vanishes.

So, I guess it's good, in that at least it's more noticeable, as the lights go out, but, err, also, it completely crashes!

Truly a special effort by Corsair.

@CORSAIR

Look guys, I have made an account here just to post some feedback I've been able to gather so You can at last fix this issue.

If you cant replicate this issue, try some game which uses full-screen. Most freezes I've ever had was in current ICUE version playing Dragon Age Origins - full-screen for a few hours. Nearly an hour or two ICUE freezes. Playing games on fullscreen-windowed seems to not generate as much freezes (like PoE or WoW).

Please fix this fast, its my first corsair product and this issue is still going for at least 2 years...

@CORSAIR

Look guys, I have made an account here just to post some feedback I've been able to gather so You can at last fix this issue.

If you cant replicate this issue, try some game which uses full-screen. Most freezes I've ever had was in current ICUE version playing Dragon Age Origins - full-screen for a few hours. Nearly an hour or two ICUE freezes. Playing games on fullscreen-windowed seems to not generate as much freezes (like PoE or WoW).

Please fix this fast, its my first corsair product and this issue is still going for at least 2 years...

They're not fixing this fast; that is an impossibility at this point - it's already been over a year!

It doesn't require fullscreen to happen, I am 100% sure of this. So far today my PC has been used for web browsing only and youtube, nothing else, and when I just checked, it's happened.

In my case, I *think* running the Corsair dashboard seems to make it happen sooner than if it's minimized to tray.

I don't see at all how they can't replicate it, while the rest of us can't avoid it.

iCue is pretty awful; it also messed up my display if it's open when I have gsyn enabled, I guess iCue is running at a framerate that is too low.

This is awful, Corsair...sorry to say but this is just garbage...you sell your products and the software to go with it is a giant cluster....

Fix your software...

I think a class action lawsuit is in order, this has happened to me since 2018 and the H100v2. I had some joker on here saying its my machine, its my machine.....such horse **** its insane. I bet that guy is compensated in some way from Corsair to play damage control on these forums. I bet ANYTHING thats the case.

Corsair needs to get their **** together, this is a utter disgrace this has gone on this long.

I swear, if C-Attack comes in here and says its our machines, I am going to blow a fuggin gasket on this guy.....

Check out this thread, where it says its my machine only....

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193805

Edited by Dominat0r

Check out this thread, where it says its my machine only....

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193805

I read the thread Dominat0r. Honestly just ignore that person, I get that you're frustrated; but c-attack is obviously no help. I'm also confused as to why they represent themselves as a Corsair Employee. I disagree with everything c-attack mentioned as well. I will agree with you that it's not an isolated issue, I see this brought up in almost every post I see. I just built a new computer with completely different specs and it has this dashboard freezing problem too. Along with a few performance heavy Triple A titles, iCUE is the only 3rd party software installed. This leads me to believe it's a bug in the software.

I tried to troubleshoot and isolate the issue before I started to build a completely new PC, but I yielded no results.

On a side note, a close friend of mine who randomly decided to do a full Corsair build; messaged me about why their Corsair Dashboard might be freezing, I linked them this thread.

I am going to do some research and see if we have grounds for a class action lawsuit. You can clearly see this is something that has persisted way to long that now its almost completely unusable. I cant use my scimitar at all, because if the software crashes during my games, i lose all my button macros and side buttons. I am sick of these crap companies coming here and selling products with such awful support for the software, which cripples the hardware.

I am going to do some research and see if we have grounds for a class action lawsuit. You can clearly see this is something that has persisted way to long that now its almost completely unusable. I cant use my scimitar at all, because if the software crashes during my games, i lose all my button macros and side buttons. I am sick of these crap companies coming here and selling products with such awful support for the software, which cripples the hardware.

hi,

You can use old Corsair Cue (not iCue) for your macro and Corsair Link for your fans. It's very stable for me.

I regret iCue :(

I have the same iCUE problem here, since 2018. Every month I check for some magic update but... nothing on the horizon :(:.

hi,

You can use old Corsair Cue (not iCue) for your macro and Corsair Link for your fans. It's very stable for me.

IMHO that's the best thing to do

hi,

Don't think it works for custom fan curves? Also don't think it supports 6 LED strips connected to lightning node pro?

Hi,

I have had custom curves on Cue for several months (all different, sometimes from different sources (gpu or temp water) and it NEVER crashes!

Indeed cue does not offer the configuration of my case (omega rgb) but I can adjust my 4 HD 120 and my 4 LL 120 with the colors! As for the case it has a small integrated memory ... I explain ... I install iCue, I put the maximum of data on the hardware memory (mouse profiles, case profile colors) then ... I reboot, I install windows properly with Link, Cue and Aida64 and everything works without crashing or consuming resources.

Same issue. Been doing it for months, but now I literally can't play any game for more than about an hour without iCue throwing it's hands in the air and giving up. Oddly, it seems any case fans connected to my Commander Pro are still happy to adjust according to the temperature of my H100i, as far as I can tell. I can certainly manually change their speed. iCue doesn't display the change, but they are definitely responding. The fans on the H100i basically become dumb though, and spin at whatever rate they were running when iCue downs tools. I sadly also have a heap of other Corsair bits. RGB across the board (KB, mouse, LL fans, strips) seems entirely hit and miss. When iCue ****s the bed usually RGB continues to cycle as programmed. Sometimes however it resets to the hardware saved profiles. Other times, it locks up solid. Sometimes only my Corsair ram locks up solid. No rhyme or reason to what does and doesn't freak out on the RGB front. Honestly, looking at my system, between keyboard, mouse, fans, PSU, fan/LED controllers, ram and cooler, I am genuinely looking at about £500 of Corsair hardware here, that is completely at the mercy of your frankly shocking software. I note with interest that all of the Corsair staff binned off this thread some time ago. It simply isn't good enough that so many people are having the same sort of issues. If I end up with damaged hardware because your software SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, you'll be replacing it, I assure you.