The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2020, 09:40 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038477
ANteroz Reputation: 10
Default M65 RGB Elite not registering all left clicks

Hey!

I have a M65 RGB Elite. It was working fine until few days ago. I didn't do anything, but i remember updating iCue to 3.26.95 if i remember the number right. I see many others have this same problem that I have: Suddenly the mouse has been acting werid, it doesn't recognize all left mouse btn clicks. Tried to find solution but didn't find any. I've tried to uninstall iCue, get it's older versions, tried to unplug and plug back in the mouse, tried switchin usb ports, but no results. I have been thinking, is there some sort of onboard storage on the mouse, that would make it remember something that came with the new iCue update and ruined the LMB click? This is really frustrating. Does anyone know when they will fix this issue or will they even fix it? Please, I need to get this fixed.

If anyone has a fix for this or even ideas, please share with me. I'm really desperate with this after few older versions of iCUe and other tries of fixing.

------------------------

2nd update:

So, yesterday evening, the problem vanished. I don't remember doing anything other than restarting iCue service and updating firmware in iCUe settings. However the problem has returned and the fixes I listed won't work anymore. Also quitting iCue from task manager and stopping corsair services did not work. Even the problem resists, I still strongly believe it's not hardware issue, because it registers about half of the clicks, and the problem got away for few hours. I also noticed that if I click pressing hard on the more inner/ back side of the button, the click works. But that is not the case either, since if I click normally on the front side of the button lightly, I can still hear a normal click and before that worked perfectly. This is really frustrating and strange.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:56 PM

POST ID # = 1038518
killt704 Reputation: 10

I have the same mouse, and I run into issues with the forward and back buttons which will randomly stop working, typically a restart fixes it, but that hasnt been working as of late either. I strongly believe its a software issue as well, because like your issue mine comes and goes randomly(at least at this point seems random, might not after a good trouble shooting, or forum reading) but thus far I havent found an answer other than just a software issue. And if thats the case, im hoping Corsair will get it fixed, because I do like corsair products. Physically they are good, durable, well built products, but i have been rather dissappointed with the icue software the past 6 months or so. Let me know if you figure anything out more than i have. I also have reinstalled, restarted service, all of the above. Good luck to ya man

Old 03-23-2020, 04:42 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038536

Thanks for the reply. It's quite scary to hear that other buttons could start doing this as well, and I do not want that. I have noticed that there is always a clicking sound no matter how hard I press the LMB, but it does not register. However if I continue that same press a bit harder, the click registers. Before the click registered always when I could hear a click, no matter how hard I pressed. It's just weird because my mouse should not be worn out, it's only 3 months old and I've been treating like a baby, so there should not be any sort o physical damage, and definitely no time wear. If a 60€ mouse has time wear within 3 months of use, I'm going to change mouse brand. I certainly wouldn't want to, like you said corsairs products are well built, but I've seen many people have this type of problems after few months, so if this is the case I will change brand. If corsair fixes this/helps me fix it, I'll stay. As much as i love this mouse in other ways, I just wouldn't want to change.

Good luck to you too! If you find anything, keep me updated. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2020, 10:32 AM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038677
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

There are several HID drivers controlling the buttons. Sometimes one of them gets borky, and affects only certain ones. In the past I fixed this by doing a repair install of iCUE.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:03 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038683

Could I delete and reinstall those drivers? I have been thinking about that but haven't done because I'm not sure if everything goes alright. Could I use another mouse to delete this current ones HID drivers and then unplug and plug back in the mouse? Also I performed a repair install for iCue but it had no effect.

Last edited by ANteroz; 03-24-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:44 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038702
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

The repair install is a lot easier.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:08 PM

POST ID # = 1038708
NickyKlaxon Reputation: 10

I do have the same problem and it is pretty disapointing.
For every task i want to do, i have to repeat the left click 3 or 4 times in order to have an action. I can hear the clic everytime but it does nothing 75% of the time, and the randomness of the problem makes me also think that is a software/driver problem.

My driver is at 3.24, everything is up to date.

I did have this problem several times for the past, then for no reason it worked again for months, and now since 3-4 days ago, it is getting worse and worse.

I heard a lot of good things about Corsair, so I decided to purchase the RGB Elite but I'm afraid this experience will be the last i have with Corsair
I won't mind if one of the gadgets doesn't work (the lights, the profiles and all side stuffs)...but the left clic not working...this I cannot accept.

Last edited by NickyKlaxon; 03-24-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Old 03-24-2020, 04:35 PM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis3 View Post
The repair install is a lot easier.

Well yes, but it didn't work on my case

Old 03-24-2020, 04:37 PM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038719

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKlaxon View Post
I do have the same problem and it is pretty disapointing.
For every task i want to do, i have to repeat the left click 3 or 4 times in order to have an action. I can hear the clic everytime but it does nothing 75% of the time, and the randomness of the problem makes me also think that is a software/driver problem.

My driver is at 3.24, everything is up to date.

I did have this problem several times for the past, then for no reason it worked again for months, and now since 3-4 days ago, it is getting worse and worse.

I heard a lot of good things about Corsair, so I decided to purchase the RGB Elite but I'm afraid this experience will be the last i have with Corsair
I won't mind if one of the gadgets doesn't work (the lights, the profiles and all side stuffs)...but the left clic not working...this I cannot accept.
It's good to hear that somebody else has the same problem... well not exactly good but you know what I mean. I hope there will be a fix and I will inform you if I find anything helpful.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:11 PM
frodevil's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038728
frodevil Reputation: 10

Made account to ledge the same issue. My M65 elite RGB left click only registers like 80% of the time. Bought it in early january from Best Buy, which the warranty of is now expired (Best Buy's warranty). I made a ticket RE: an issue I was having with the Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard, and it has been a week and no response. Ideally I would really like to RMA both of these at the same time to cut down on shipping. I believe my k95 had a problem from the factory-- it had this sort of thin oily film on it, like it was a refurbished product, and about 2 weeks ago the blue LEDs stopped working, so the rainbow pattern simply shows a dark spot where it should be blue.

Normally I would have probably left this alone, but now that the M65 mouse is having this strange issue all of a sudden, I am pretty irritated. At least it seems Corsair is good about replacements, but I would rather the product work in the first place. I review tech and gadgets for a small regional media LLC and good customer service would be Corsair's saving grace of my current piece (I really hate having to write bad reviews! Seriously!), despite the seemingly inherent flaw in this mouse that I otherwise love so much-- seriously, 3 months?? And I see there are a half-dozen threads about the same exact issue. The mouse has a great feel in the hand and is very responsive, and I love the RGB lighting, I look forward to to getting this sorted out. The ticket I filed is # 2001066391. If anyone at Corsair could get a hold of me @ my personal e-mail listed on this forum account that would be great.

I've done all the fixes except sanding down the thumb rest (suggested by another user), out of fear of voiding the warranty. Calibration, clearing and updating firmware, updating iCue, using compressed air under the left click plastic, soft and hard reset, everything. I'm seeing stories on Amazon and the Corsair subreddit of people getting this mouse replaced every few months, and two users said they were on their fifth and sixth mice, respectively. That is a little ridiculous. At least you guys have a good RMA policy, but I think everyone would prefer that they just don't have these issues in the first place...

Again, my ticket was #2001066391, I would love to get this fixed. I would reply again through the helpdesk, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view my ticket? Every time I click log in it just refreshes the page and there's no box for me to enter my ticket information.

Thank you.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038759

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodevil View Post
Made account to ledge the same issue. My M65 elite RGB left click only registers like 80% of the time. Bought it in early january from Best Buy, which the warranty of is now expired (Best Buy's warranty). I made a ticket RE: an issue I was having with the Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard, and it has been a week and no response. Ideally I would really like to RMA both of these at the same time to cut down on shipping. I believe my k95 had a problem from the factory-- it had this sort of thin oily film on it, like it was a refurbished product, and about 2 weeks ago the blue LEDs stopped working, so the rainbow pattern simply shows a dark spot where it should be blue.

Normally I would have probably left this alone, but now that the M65 mouse is having this strange issue all of a sudden, I am pretty irritated. At least it seems Corsair is good about replacements, but I would rather the product work in the first place. I review tech and gadgets for a small regional media LLC and good customer service would be Corsair's saving grace of my current piece (I really hate having to write bad reviews! Seriously!), despite the seemingly inherent flaw in this mouse that I otherwise love so much-- seriously, 3 months?? And I see there are a half-dozen threads about the same exact issue. The mouse has a great feel in the hand and is very responsive, and I love the RGB lighting, I look forward to to getting this sorted out. The ticket I filed is # 2001066391. If anyone at Corsair could get a hold of me @ my personal e-mail listed on this forum account that would be great.

I've done all the fixes except sanding down the thumb rest (suggested by another user), out of fear of voiding the warranty. Calibration, clearing and updating firmware, updating iCue, using compressed air under the left click plastic, soft and hard reset, everything. I'm seeing stories on Amazon and the Corsair subreddit of people getting this mouse replaced every few months, and two users said they were on their fifth and sixth mice, respectively. That is a little ridiculous. At least you guys have a good RMA policy, but I think everyone would prefer that they just don't have these issues in the first place...

Again, my ticket was #2001066391, I would love to get this fixed. I would reply again through the helpdesk, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view my ticket? Every time I click log in it just refreshes the page and there's no box for me to enter my ticket information.

Thank you.

Exactly, the mouse should be in prime condition in the first place, especially with 60-70€ mouse. And I'm concerned about replacing the mouse, since this is common problem with many people, and i wouldn't want to go through this all again at any point. The problem is that otherwise this mouse is a dream. Nice lighting, good feel in hand, responsive, but the responsiveness dripped off some bit when these issues started to come. It's scary to know that you have tried basically everything with no effects, so I'm starting to lose the faith in this mouse. I could replace it but if this continues with a new mouse, I'm definitely switching to different brand. Also what has sanding down the thumb rest to do anything with this?

I hope you get response from corsair or get your mouse somehow fixed. Anyway, keep me updated.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1038807
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

@ANteroz - Just like Apophis3 suggested, it could be a software issue, but potentially related to updates from Windows not playing nicely with the iCUE drivers. We've seen this happen a couple times in the past, but not very often. Restart or clean installs of iCUE usually resolved the driver issue.

For those of you experiencing intermittent clicks registering, if you have already performed the following, go ahead and submit a ticket to our support page:

* Force Firmware Update through iCUE under settings
* Clean under the cover with compressed air
* Different PC/Laptop

https://support.corsair.com

If you have an existing ticket and haven't received a response, double check your SPAM box in case as it might have landed in there.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:20 PM

POST ID # = 1038835
xAGENTTUNAx Reputation: 10
Thumbs down M65 Elite Left-Click Not Registering

I am having the same issue being discussed here. It started ~2 days ago, since I have updated Windows 10, updated iCUE, updated mouse firmware, preformed a clean install of iCUE, forced the firmware update to the mouse again, and the problem still persists. I have had Corsair products for about 4 months and have had serious software issues with both my k95 RGB Platinum and now the mouse is so sporadic it is unusable. Corsair's hardware is beautiful and can compete with other retailers, unfortunately its software team seems to struggle to keep up. Microsoft updates are not an excuse for bricking expensive gear.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:17 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
@ANteroz - Just like Apophis3 suggested, it could be a software issue, but potentially related to updates from Windows not playing nicely with the iCUE drivers. We've seen this happen a couple times in the past, but not very often. Restart or clean installs of iCUE usually resolved the driver issue.

For those of you experiencing intermittent clicks registering, if you have already performed the following, go ahead and submit a ticket to our support page:

* Force Firmware Update through iCUE under settings
* Clean under the cover with compressed air
* Different PC/Laptop

https://support.corsair.com

If you have an existing ticket and haven't received a response, double check your SPAM box in case as it might have landed in there.

Is clean install the same thing as repair install? If it is, the repair install did not help me any bit. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole iCue from windows control panel several times, with no results. And how about the compressed air, where do I need to spray that? Do I just spray it under the LMB? How would that fix anything? Currently I don't have a different pc/laptop in the house, and can't go anywhere to test with friends pc because of quarantine.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:23 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038861

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAGENTTUNAx View Post
I am having the same issue being discussed here. It started ~2 days ago, since I have updated Windows 10, updated iCUE, updated mouse firmware, preformed a clean install of iCUE, forced the firmware update to the mouse again, and the problem still persists. I have had Corsair products for about 4 months and have had serious software issues with both my k95 RGB Platinum and now the mouse is so sporadic it is unusable. Corsair's hardware is beautiful and can compete with other retailers, unfortunately its software team seems to struggle to keep up. Microsoft updates are not an excuse for bricking expensive gear.

Agreed. Like I have written before, I just wouldn't want to change this mouse off because all the other ways it's so perfect. Also I'm starting to become a bit unfaithful that I could find a fix for this. I just really wouldn't want to change. I would get a replacement right away if I would know the replacement works just fine, but I've seen many people have their like 5th replacement and I just don't want to be changing mouses every 3 or 4 months.

Tags
icue broken, m65 elite rgb, m65 leftclick broke