Corsair Community

Question for K95 owners?

Jin24

Hi, I currently have one of the MX Blue K70s and it's got a couple defects however those are out of stock now and the K95 Blues are still in stock. I was just wondering if the additional macro keys were at all weird going from a keyboard with the esc button in the top corner or if you think it might be an issue? It's a stupid question, but I'm just worried I'll have a little more trouble finding the end of my keyboard automatically (you know, without looking) with the extra macros? Thank you.

I've had a Logitech G15 for years and upgraded to a K95 yesterday.

I regularly use my G1 key as a "Lock Computer" button so I've been very familiar with where the end of my elongated keyboard is for a long time but I've never had an issue with going between that and the Esc key except on very rare occasions where I was kind of out of it and not paying attention. Even then it's kind of an "oh, oops" and then you just move your hand over.

You get used to it pretty quickly, I think.

I haven't had any issues going back and typing on a regular keyboard either. You just kind of learn to gauge the distance automatically.

For me no, I'm very used to IBM Model F 5250 keyboards. I'm also used to the standard 104 keyboard layout.

It's basically the k70 with the G keys attached to the side, I've never made any accidental presses.

Also from my understanding the MX blues on the RGB 95 are limited, as for the non RGB I can ONLY find it in MX Reds. I'd just get the RGB model for a few reasons 1, the regular is only in white apparently, and also can only be found in reds. But RGB can be had in the 3 popular mx switches.

Hi, I currently have one of the MX Blue K70s and it's got a couple defects however those are out of stock now and the K95 Blues are still in stock. I was just wondering if the additional macro keys were at all weird going from a keyboard with the esc button in the top corner or if you think it might be an issue? It's a stupid question, but I'm just worried I'll have a little more trouble finding the end of my keyboard automatically (you know, without looking) with the extra macros? Thank you.

Hi Jin, sorry to here you problems with the K70 mx blues. My K95 with the

mx blue switches arrived on 5/6, very fast shipping, not the 1 to 2 weeks as stated online. I have been using it for 3 days now and so far it has been flawless. Every key works and sounds like it should. I removed it from its shipping box and VERY carefully examined the factory packaging it came in. In no way did it appear that it had ever been opened. I also examined the contents in the box, the keyboard etc. My concern was that maybe refurbished, repaired keyboards were being reboxed and sold. I found no evidence of this at all. It even smelled like it had just left the factory.

I have encountered no problems at all with this keyboard. I changed the colors of the keys, made up 4 different color profiles. I have a mix of greens, blues and reds with a few keys a different color so that they will stand out,

and I made a profile with a bit of a multi color mix, like different colors for the macro keys, the function keys, the wsad keys and so on. This keyboard has the cool factor built in With all the colors available and the cherry mx blue switches.

The K95 rgb replaces my Vengeance K95 with the white leds and Cherry mx red switches. I have had it for about 18 months and it has been flawless,

not one led has failed as so many other people have reported. It will go to another computer. I liked the red switches, super fast and light to push. The only thing that bothered me was that it was way to easy to activate the wrong switch. But there was really no need for me to replace it. It was a and is, a strong performer, and I really mashed those keys at times while gaming on it.

As far as the "ESC" key being problematic for you, don't even give it a thought. You will be fine with it. Rma the K70 and have them send you the K95 with the MX blues. Its a few more dollars but it has more packed into it.

And do it now, don't hesitate. They wont be in stock forever and probably are not getting any more.

In my opinion The K95 RGB with the Cherry MX Blue Switches is now a very rare and special keyboard.

GOOD LUCK AND GAME ON JIN24

• Corsair Employee
We also purposely made the macro keys a lower height so when you type with your left hand, your palm won't accidentally hit the keys. This makes it easier to use as a keyboard even though it extends to the left with the extra 18 keys.

Hi Jin, sorry to here you problems with the K70 mx blues. My K95 with the

mx blue switches arrived on 5/6, very fast shipping, not the 1 to 2 weeks as stated online. I have been using it for 3 days now and so far it has been flawless. Every key works and sounds like it should. I removed it from its shipping box and VERY carefully examined the factory packaging it came in. In no way did it appear that it had ever been opened. I also examined the contents in the box, the keyboard etc. My concern was that maybe refurbished, repaired keyboards were being reboxed and sold. I found no evidence of this at all. It even smelled like it had just left the factory.

I have encountered no problems at all with this keyboard. I changed the colors of the keys, made up 4 different color profiles. I have a mix of greens, blues and reds with a few keys a different color so that they will stand out,

and I made a profile with a bit of a multi color mix, like different colors for the macro keys, the function keys, the wsad keys and so on. This keyboard has the cool factor built in With all the colors available and the cherry mx blue switches.

The K95 rgb replaces my Vengeance K95 with the white leds and Cherry mx red switches. I have had it for about 18 months and it has been flawless,

not one led has failed as so many other people have reported. It will go to another computer. I liked the red switches, super fast and light to push. The only thing that bothered me was that it was way to easy to activate the wrong switch. But there was really no need for me to replace it. It was a and is, a strong performer, and I really mashed those keys at times while gaming on it.

As far as the "ESC" key being problematic for you, don't even give it a thought. You will be fine with it. Rma the K70 and have them send you the K95 with the MX blues. Its a few more dollars but it has more packed into it.

And do it now, don't hesitate. They wont be in stock forever and probably are not getting any more.

In my opinion The K95 RGB with the Cherry MX Blue Switches is now a very rare and special keyboard.

GOOD LUCK AND GAME ON JIN24

Thank you for that, it very detailed and helpful. I think I just have terrible luck with electronics.

We also purposely made the macro keys a lower height so when you type with your left hand, your palm won't accidentally hit the keys. This makes it easier to use as a keyboard even though it extends to the left with the extra 18 keys.

That's useful too. I've emailed kbinquiries@corsair.com to request an RMA for the K70. Should I wait on them to respond before ordering the K95 or just go ahead and do that? Thanks.

Hi JiN24,

I have a K95 RGB and I have never had an issue with the macro (G) keys confusing me. As far as finding the ESC goes, I have been typing for many years and muscle memory has never failed me in accurately finding the ESC key even blindfolded. So no, I would not worry about it.

Good Morning Jin. I believe it would be best to wait until the RMA is approved. Also, you need to make it clear that you would accept the K95 rgb

as a replacement and that you are willing to pay the extra $20.00 for it.

Since the supply of K95 rgb's with the blue switches is VERY limited maybe you can call Corsair, explain your situation and ask that a hold be put on a

K95 rgb with the mx blues till the rma goes through in order for you to get one. The phone number is here on the website under "contact".

If the mx blues sell out, the RGB's with the red and brown switches should soon be available as an option for you, just a thought.

Good Morning Jin. I believe it would be best to wait until the RMA is approved. Also, you need to make it clear that you would accept the K95 rgb

as a replacement and that you are willing to pay the extra $20.00 for it.

Since the supply of K95 rgb's with the blue switches is VERY limited maybe you can call Corsair, explain your situation and ask that a hold be put on a

K95 rgb with the mx blues till the rma goes through in order for you to get one. The phone number is here on the website under "contact".

If the mx blues sell out, the RGB's with the red and brown switches should soon be available as an option for you, just a thought.

Well, Corsair's customer support line don't seem to be operating on weekends. I'm just going to place an order for the K95 RGB Blue now and hope they might be willing to give me a prepaid shipping label on the return to get a refund. I won't even consider anything but an MX Blue switch, it's the only reason I sold my old keyboard and jumped on the K70. MX Blue only, forever. :D:

• 3 years later...

The perfect solution for this is used in the Cherry Cymotion keyboard:

The macro-Key have harder pressure-points so you feel it bevore you accidently press the key.

This solution is so good that every keyboard-manufactur should use it for the dedicated macro-keys.

Archived