Corsair Community

iCue not showing lighting effects

skywalka

I am trying to do some basic lighting effects with my k68 rgb and when I drag effects from the effects library, they do not have any effect on the keyboard( the keyboard LEDs are off) even though the lighting effect worked while in the library. I can get pre-installed lighting effects to work and I can download profiles from the internet which run just fine but I cannot make my own profiles with working lighting effects.

Thanks

You haven’t applied the profile to the keys you want to exhibit that effect. When you click on the effect in the Library, it gives you a whole keyboard preview. However, you have to actually tell it what keys you want that color. Shift + Left Click to drag or highlight the keys you want to show rainbow spiral.

It's a very common mistake when you first get started. The CTRL + Left Click dragging can be kind of tedious at times as well. Usually you need to be inside the frame of the keyboard in the picture, which makes some precision dragging required. You can also hold down CTRL and Left Click buttons one by one. Be careful, if you single click the board anywhere without holding down CTRL, you will lose all you have done and it will be replaced with that single click. Everyone will learn that the hard way sooner or later.

• 2 years later...