Corsair Community

Air CPU cooler control Via Link/Commander Pro

m2geek

Hey guys,

I have a commander pro and I was wondering if it was possible to run the fan for my CPU air cooler off it instead of the motherboard header?

Gigabyte's fan control software on Z270 boards is woeful.

You could but you would have to switch off the CPU Fan Failure alarms in bios. not so sure I would be comfortable with that

It is/was just a temporary measure as i'm moving my system from one case to another.

Much as I love the CoPro, I'd advise against doing this.

The CoPro can't read CPU temps directly. So until Link/iCue starts, you'd have no real control over the fan speed. I feel ya when you say that the control software sucks but that's the only way that you'll get hardware-based fan speed based on CPU temp. And for air cooling, you want it based on CPU temp.

cool.. All sorted?

Much as I love the CoPro, I'd advise against doing this.

The CoPro can't read CPU temps directly. So until Link/iCue starts, you'd have no real control over the fan speed. I feel ya when you say that the control software sucks but that's the only way that you'll get hardware-based fan speed based on CPU temp. And for air cooling, you want it based on CPU temp.

Yup, all sorted. I just left the motherboard to do it's own thing..

I'm moving between cases (system isn't IN a case at the moment) and didn't want my H100i v2 hanging in the breeze on my rudimentary testbench style setup atm so went back to my old air cooler until the new case arrives.

Archived