Corsair Community

Corsair Link, no Custom Fan Curve

DLow1987

Hey Folks,

I bought a Corsair Link Set a few weeks ago because I thought it would be able to control the fan speeds, according to GPU/CPU temps.

Sadly I thought terribly wrong.

Im trying to get this thing up and running for weeks, without any success. The Corsair Link Version 2.0.6 is the only one where it kind of works. But this whole thing is very, very far from reliable and that is simply unacceptable for a Fan Controller.

Today I upgraded to 2.4.4948 (Commander 2.0.5, Cooling Node 1.2.5).

Problem is, the Custom Curve Settings are simply ignored by the software no matter what (as any Curve based fan controlling does).

I am using EKL Alpenfoehn Fans, controlling them via PWM works like a charm.

EDIT: It does not work at all with the new Version.

I have read almost all threads in this Forum (Thats why I tried 2.0.6), but it is simply not working properly.

Greetings

DLow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee

And are you setting this up on the Groups page?

If so try it by setting under the fan tab at the right on the main page.

Just select the fan you want to set it to be controlled and then select the Group you want it in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12703&stc=1&d=1368822456

493552783_LinkDesktop2.png.c7eefa2693841460c2597957d90c1527.png

ok first off... 1.488 volts is WAY too much... try to keep below 1.35 or AT LEAST 1.4 or your processor will fail you in under a year

and for temps...did you try another monitoring program besides HWinfo?

i bet you could get 4.5ghz easy with 1.35 volts if not lower

i would use HWinfo as it looks more accurate...dont know why corsair link is saying 52C at max load...especially when you had set to 1.488 volts :P and we already know its not just HWinfo thats showing other temps so im assuming its accurate

what is the pump temp (about)? if its like 10C then corsair link might be right but im assuming its not that low?

Its a h110 so no water temps.

Usually i run the 4.5 with 1.33. I cleared cmos and forgot to set vcore auto setting seems to be this. Maybe GB has some contract with Intel :-D

But neverthless custom curve settings do not work. The wrong temps are kind of new with 2.4.4948.

• Corsair Employee

The pictures are to small and being blocked by the service you used I would suggest uploading them to the forum as an attachment so I can get them.

Firewall settings are set tight here.

I would like to do that, but I keep getting a "the service is unavailable" error. Thats why I uploaded the pictures to a imghoster in the first place.

So I tried your suggestion, it did not work. The small red crosshair keeps staying below my curve. Temperature rises, the X-Coordinate changes but there is no change in the Y-Coordinate thus no fan speed change.

I tried the "Group" tab aswell as the "System" tab to set up the correct temperature assignment. It does not work (both GPU and CPU temps as target).

I tried restoring factory Defaults, reflashed the Hardware (Commander and Node), cleared cmos, and rebooted a couple of times.

The "wrong temperature" problem went away after a couple of reboots, temperatures seem to be correct now.

Its not Bryman, he just reposted my pics (thx btw.)

This Temps are on 100% Load, Link does not show the load correctly.

I tried setting curves in all different Windows (like I wrote earlier) with no success.

Greetings DLow

• Corsair Employee
But I think you are not setting them the way I described previously, but for testing please remove any saved Profile and set it back to Defaults and see if the fans run properly. And what Fans are you using they do not appear to be our fans.

I am using EKL Alpenfoehn Fans, like I wrote in my first post. Sadly Corsair does not offer 140mm Fans with 4-Pin PWM so I took those.

I already mentioned that they are working fine in RPM mode. To make sure we do not missunderstand each other I made a video and upped it on Youtube, so you can see exactly what I am doing.

BTW with "No Services" I meant no Monitoring Services that could interfere with CL.

Here is the link http://youtu.be/1wZakpay-v4

Greetings

DLow

if you dont use stock or any corsair approved fans for the hydro coolers...no guarantee they are going to work

i understand why you were saying my name ram guy...you were saying that we shouldnt do group page?

does it matter with the beta software...i dont even see a way to organize it out of group anymore

• Corsair Employee

With the cooler I am sorry but you will have to use the stock fans or most PWM fans will work with F/W 1.05 on our HXXXi series coolers but I have no list of what works and what does not, so all I can suggest would be our fans.

Bryman

That screen shot I posted was using the latest version 2.4.4948 and that was how I set the fan profiles so I am a little miffed with your statement. Can you call into our tech support and ask for me tomorrow before 3 PM pacific Time?

i dont even see a way to organize it out of group anymore

im not sure where trying to tab together using the group section is advantageous ,i find it much easier to just use the system page and just make all the settings there

Thanks for the reply, I am using a Corsair Link Commander, so no Hxxx. It is a shame that Corsair is supporting only their own Fans, guess I have to deal with the fact that my money is wasted.

But please reconsider your advertisement, especially on your website

Corsair Link kits include fan controllers that work with virtually any standard PC case fan, and temperature sensors that can go anywhere in your case

That is not true as far as I can tell.

My Fans are pretty Standard 4 Pin PWM Fans, but I will try some Corsair stock fans and report back. What are stock fans, talking about a device that comes with no fans at all btw??? I think I will just try all Corsair Fans I got.

Thanks and Greetings

DLow

Archived