Corsair Community

save settings on devices

sneida

Hi,

i use:

* H150i RGB PRO XT

* COMMANDER PRO

my question is, if i can uninstall icue after setting my perferences (fan speeds) or if it is needed in order to work as configured?

info regarding settings:

* H150i RGB PRO XT: ALL to default QUIET

* COMMANDER PRO: 2 custom fan curves based on a temperature reading from COMMANDER PRO

since there are quite some icue services running in the background i am just wondering if this is even necessary for my use case. also, i experienced a blue screen with the latest version (based on the event log it seems its related to icue).

thanks.

As far as fan profiles, yes, those are saved to hardware automatically, no need to run iCUE after you've set them. Fan profiles will persist across reboots without iCUE. As for lighting, you need to set the hardware lighting profile for each, which is much more limited than the regular iCUE profiles.

You mean the fan curves will apply even without Icue running?

I just set up a hardware lightning for my keyboard, i just use red and purple static with no effects but seems it's not possible to have two different colors on LL120 with hardware profile, that's too bad. I would have loved to keep one color in the center and another around but apprently we can't.

I really try to limit Icue usage, it's getting worse in CPU and GPU ressources !