Corsair Community

iCUE how to prevent keystrokes from interrupting each other?

hklrnkoh

I recently went through an OS reset, and I've set up my iCUE settings.

I have a Corsair M65 RGB Elite mouse, where I have the sniper button remapped to the "P" key. I use this for throwing grenades and I hold the button down for a bit, but it seems that the keystroke is interrupted when i enter some other keyboard input (a problem which I didn't have before my OS reset) this translates to my character letting go of grenades when I don't intend to do so. How do I make it so that other keystrokes don't affect it?

This might be a very easy topic, but I really don't understand why this is happening as I've looked for ways to change this but had no luck.

• Confused 1

Problem is fixed using the old version. upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair ICUE software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.

It is software side and there is nothing the user can do about it as far as im aware.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of ICUE (iCUESetup_3.33.246_release), you select

Actions> add > Insert New Event < Select Event (in my case, Keyboard Event)< Event Type (Keystroke)< Select key (p)< ADD EVENT? (yes)

In the old ICUE version (iCUESetup_3.32.80_release) When you want to troubleshoot your macros you click

Edit Selected Event, it shows : Event type (Keystroke) witch is correct

In the new ICUE Version ((iCUESetup_3.33.246_release)

Edit Selected Event, It shows : Delay Event , Witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi

Edited by llcor3ll
  • Confused 2

Problem is fixed using the old version. upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair ICUE software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.

It is software side and there is nothing the user can do about it as far as im aware.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of ICUE (iCUESetup_3.33.246_release), you select

Actions> add > Insert New Event < Select Event (in my case, Keyboard Event)< Event Type (Keystroke)< Select key (p)< ADD EVENT? (yes)

In the old ICUE version (iCUESetup_3.32.80_release) When you want to troubleshoot your macros you click

Edit Selected Event, It shows : Delay Event , Witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi

your a good man, time to reinstall iCUESetup_3.32.80

@llcor3ll

thank you!!! i knew i wasn't going crazy! i use the m55 and have the left and right side keys bound to strafe... this update SUUUUUCKS!!! i have been playing this way for YEARS (like since 1999...)

now to figure out how to roll back

Edited by fredd0

problem is fixed using the old version. Upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair icue software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of icue (icuesetup_3.33.246_release), you select

actions> add > insert new event < select event (in my case, keyboard event)< event type (keystroke)< select key (p)< add event? (yes)

in the old icue version (icuesetup_3.32.80_release) when you want to troubleshoot your macros you click

edit selected event, it shows : Event type (keystroke) witch is correct

in the new icue version ((icuesetup_3.33.246_release)

edit selected event, it shows : Delay event , witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/files/cue/icuesetup_3.32.80_release.msi

thank you again!!! This was ruining my gaming!

Annoying.

Fixed my issue, can play my games again. Thank you!

I don't know what's worse, the issue itself, or the fact that if I downgrade none of my profiles can be imported again because "tHeYrE frOm A NeWeR VeRsIoN of ICuE".

definitely the latter. I wonder if there's a way to modify profile files so that the older version would accept them.

Annoying.

Thanks a lot, that really saved my day!

I was going mad about not beeing able to move my character and cast spells at the same time anymore.

I hope corsair will recognize that for some of us this is really annoying and they will fix it.

• 1 month later...
I don't know what's worse, the issue itself, or the fact that if I downgrade none of my profiles can be imported again because "tHeYrE frOm A NeWeR VeRsIoN of ICuE".

Siduiz,

people could learn from your mistake as a failed to mention it, So dont save profile in version (iCUESetup_3.33.246_release) folks.

im currently testing latest update now, there has been a new one since.

Also i would like to add that corsair just made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes so "forgiven". Other than that they are one of my most admired electronic component company because of how well they treat there customers to keep customers, it really works.

hint hint, would like to see some corsair graphics cards. also RGB software should hinder proprietary to optional for compatibility with motherboard brands without breaching the patents somehow like some other companies have i know its a-lot of paper but there is no competition when you get to show off how much better corsairs lights are.

Edited by llcor3ll