Corsair Community

White Coolant for Hydro X Loop

ColdWear

Hi All,

Have any of you used any Non-Transparent/Opaque White coolants in your Hydro X loop?

Here is a list of 'compatible' liquids according to Corsair.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Pump-Reservoir/Hydro-X-Series-XD5-RGB-Pump-Reservoir-Combo/p/CX-9040006-WW#cc-compatibility-others

It seems Mayhems Pastel is no longer possible to get - and the other Pastel/Opague liquids that are compatible don't seem to have the best reviews.

EK Cryofuel Solid would have been my next choice after Mayhems Pastel, however it seems this is not compatible according to the above chart.

I'm not too sure why Cryofuel Solid isn't compatible - as from what I can tell there is no aluminum in Hydro X loops.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a white Opaque/Non-Transparent coolant which won't cause issues?

probably any opaque coolant is a source of trouble. Vendors often just state it as "non compatible" or emphasize that those kind of liquids are only for show and not to be used long term to keep people away from that trouble.

honestly, just stick to clear fluids. saves you a LOT of struggle cleaning your loop once that stuff goes bad. (and even if it doesn't, it's near impossible to get rid of)

probably any opaque coolant is a source of trouble. Vendors often just state it as "non compatible" or emphasize that those kind of liquids are only for show and not to be used long term to keep people away from that trouble.

honestly, just stick to clear fluids. saves you a LOT of struggle cleaning your loop once that stuff goes bad. (and even if it doesn't, it's near impossible to get rid of)

I agree. Clear fluids is a way to go. Opaque can look great but can be a huge headache later.