Corsair Community

Icue nexus is unusable for now

Ever since i got icue nexus all im getting is problems, BSODS,High cpu usage,icue randomly crashing, multiple screens at startup, and my screen sometimes start with no display and i have to go to ICUE, and delete all the extra screens i got randomly and select my screen again. I had to unfortunately unplug it. even the BSOD i got this morning determined the fact that it was ICUE which im pretty positive it was the nexus. Yes i did some troubleshooting steps uninstalling and installing again. clean my registry with CCleaner. force firmware for the device. and etc. it's ICUE nexus not software ready, it's not stable. a lot of bugs. and the worst thing is it's causing instability to other devices in ICUE as well. enough is enough.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just received this product as well and unfortunately it auto closes icue software. Unplugging it shows no issues. no BSOD though. Just icue software crashing. I'm really dissapointed I invested heaviliy in to Corsair eco system. K100, Dark Core Pro, Nexus, Capellix AIO. H1000i PSU. Vengance RGB Ram. etc...

I just received this product as well and unfortunately it auto closes icue software. Unplugging it shows no issues. no BSOD though. Just icue software crashing. I'm really dissapointed I invested heaviliy in to Corsair eco system. K100, Dark Core Pro, Nexus, Capellix AIO. H1000i PSU. Vengance RGB Ram. etc...

I read about the issues and I bit the bullet and bought a Nexus and experienced the same. I followed the Corsair Tech's advice -- uninstalled iCUE, deleted all my profiles etc, and reinstalled.

This did solve the problem, and although it was annoying reconfiguring my settings and importing my profiles back in, this did resolve my issues and it has been working 100% error free for almost a week now.

I read about the issues and I bit the bullet and bought a Nexus and experienced the same. I followed the Corsair Tech's advice -- uninstalled iCUE, deleted all my profiles etc, and reinstalled.

This did solve the problem, and although it was annoying reconfiguring my settings and importing my profiles back in, this did resolve my issues and it has been working 100% error free for almost a week now.

That is exactly my experience, I bit the bullet even after I heard of the issues. (I've always loved the idea of a screen attached to the keyboard)

I cleaned up as much as I could in terms uninstall, reinstall, clean profiles etc...

It's been working all day now but I am worried the issue may return once I reboot. I am going to keep an eye out but I seem ok for now.

• Corsair Employee
We've improved the user experience with iCUE 3.34.161, and Nexus FW 2.2.6. Subsequent updates to iCUE should improve it further as well as add new features we have coming done the pipeline. We always recommend updating the device when prompted for the best experience.

• 5 months later...

I installed mine a few days ago and I've had one random crash where the display was unresponsive and all the charts flatlined. I had to reboot the whole PC to fix as killing the services and unplugging didn't solve the issue.

The biggest issue for me is that some of the buttons just randomly activate and before I know it, four then five then six browser windows appear launching a URL I have configured. Overnight I've come back to over 50 tabs open.

It definitely isn't anything touching it as it will only react to a finger press and not an inanimate object. So, not even a ghost ;-)

Its an awesome piece of kit (although poor viewing angle from the left) but no use if I can't trust it.

I'm using iCUE 4.9.350 and I've already wiped and fresh installed in the past week to get my K70 and MM800 working correctly after they randomly drop out (this was a mix of MB software interfering and the brightness of the LEDs setting itself to 0).

I'll give it another week or so to see if anything changes but otherwise it will have to be a return (very sadly).

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

just wanted to add to this ive had my nexus for awhile and have experienced almost every problem you can with it  i have tried the recommended fixes sometimes they do nothing sometimes the device will start working again for a couple week then one day i will turn on the pc and itll just freeze instantly and never unfreeze sometimes the nexus remains unusable for weeks at a time i really like the thing but its waaaay more hassle then its worth and it barely has any features the only really worth  while features it has is the system monitoring and the fact you can make .gifs into buttons but theres really not much you can even do with those buttons you can switch whole profiles but not individual corsair lights or scenes? like its been out for so long and has barely received any attention from corsair itself . like i really really like the device but theres so many things that do its job better especially now with the elite lcd its like i invested so much into corsair multiple computers that i have built for myself and a bunch i have built for family and friends sometimes everything works great and its awsome{besides the fact icue literally eats away your resources and causes excessive heat on the cpu and gpu..... like if you close icue fans ramp down and it seems like the computer runs 10x better wich is sad...like everything on all my computers every cable  is a custom corsair cable all my fans ml120s or Ql 120 and now i even chanced getting the new elite psu h1000 ram 64 gigs of vengeance all on the latest icue and its like legit half the lighting effects for the fans randomly will just choose not to work correctly like the infinity effect after months of just skipping l.e.ds on the fan just now desided to start actualy doing the full effect on each fan so if you take into effect 6 different computers in the last 2 years built with mainly corsair products let alone if we look further back i have spent thousands of thousands of dollars on these products and want so badly to love corsair but it gets harder and harder to recommend there products every day and it depresses me its like for 100 dollars the nexus rarely works and has almost no features that are worth while or that the k100 keyboard and a streamdeck cant accomplish . even the elite lcd i was so hyped for and i admit its def better then the nexus but barely has much to offer like ya there options with some settings but its actually pretty restrictive and its disappointing ive owned so many commanders commander pros and xt and multiples of each and use them on the same fans they all make the fans run at differnt rpms llike the commander xt you put that thing on quiet it still just keeps the fan revving at 1500rpm pretty much so its pointless.... and its like i use no other programs to controll and moniter my stuff my bios isnt conflicting so i  have literally narrowed it down to icue and the products just picking and choosing when they want to work properly and it really really sucks cuz i still want so badly to love corsair and icue but everytime i go to fiddle with something at this point i just get pissed id almost rather run the products without icue on my pc but then theres no point to even own the product i really wish they would actually make improvments instead of giveing advice that only temporarily fixes problems i wish they would actively add more features to the devices that really don't offer much but cost plenty and i always read "oh this update is out it should have improved this and fixed that etc and cpu/ram usage should be better legit never seen it change since day 1 and it sucks cuz even having spent upwards of over 10 grand on corsair in just the last 3 years alone you know they don't actually care what random individuals say itll be nice once someone with a platform actually calls them out and gets them to start making quality products and software again but since they dominate half the market with fans aio psu ram etc they dont care and probly never actually will and it reallt pains me to say any of this because i usualy always try to defend corsair and the issues there products bring ive always suggested and recommended corsair to friends and family and now i just really regret it i have wasted there money and time and my own money and time  for half functioning products. i have always been recording all my adventures with these products. and im no slouch with a pc trust me when i say i have tried everything and eliminated every variable almost every item i own from them and i own multiples of each thing rarely works well .legit hours of videos of things just stopping functioning then randomly starting to work again weeks later for no reason its insane