The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > iCUE Profiles

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2020, 12:23 AM
ninjatastik21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061033
ninjatastik21 Reputation: 10
Question Specialized lighting profiles not working with my ASUS gpu?

Hopefully i can state this correctly. i love icue and i love the lighting profiles for it. everythbing seems to play nicely except my gpu. i have an ASUS strix rx 5700xt. when i use the "predefined, custom, or lighting link" it works fine. but when i download custom lighting profiles, even from corsair the gpu sits dark. i can get it to light independently by the predefined, custom or lighting link but it looks odd and out of place. my question is am i doing something wrong? or do these specialized lighting profiles just need to be updated somehow to include the GPU? I hope this makes sense.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:32 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061110
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

Asus GPU lighting integration was just added a month or two ago and the profiles on the Corsair Library page predate that. There’s no data for the GPU. You can add any effect to or on top of these lighting profiles. You can add a matching static color in a few seconds and be done or try and do a more complicated pattern. Since the lighting layout on the gpu is going to vary from model to model, you are better off setting up something on your own.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:18 PM
ninjatastik21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061364
ninjatastik21 Reputation: 10

its just a bit weird but i get what you're saying, its crazy how the mobo isn't affected though.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:56 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061577
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

The motherboard lighting was introduced earlier at the beginning of 2020. It is likely the current versions of the those lighting profiles were written after that, but before the GPU integration last month. Writing those profiles to be universal is a lot of work. You have to do the programming for every device and every version of it. New stuff doesn't automatically work. The author has to get the new device, then go back and write the pattern for it.