Corsair Community

How to connect 4 LL120 RGB fans, but my MOBO ony has 3 Fan connectors?

Flanny78

I have installed 4 Corsair LL120RGB LED Fans (the 3 pack that came with the Lighting Node Pro + 1 more single), but my MOBO only has connectors for 3 Fans. I can get power to the fourth using another 4-pin connector that is labeled for other cooling, but it won't light up when connecting it to the Node. Is it not going to be possible for me to get RGB to this fan or is there another way to do this that I am missing? Please, any help would be nice.

-Flanny78

LL fans like most other Corsair RGB models have two wires — one for fan motor power/speed control and a second with a flatter head for lighting power. If the lighting wires are all going to the RGB Hub in proper order (1-4), they then have lighting power and should like up even if the fan header is not connected. Also, in iCUE make sure you have changed the Lighting Setup to LL x 4 in iCUE.

We probably need a little more explanation or description of your MB headers, but using a standard PWM splitter off one of the headers likely solves things. Putting all three front fans in a triple splitter would be convenient, but is a little close to the 1A limit on most headers. If your board has a H-AMP header, that will cover it.