Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB Double Click

Hello, so as the title says im having issues with the mouse double clicking. Its fairly rare but some times does it mutiple times consecutively.(double click with only a single click just one after another, NOT like a suck repeating key, takes like 6 clicks to open a menu because the first 5 the menu just opens and closes) It sounds like the switch/click is fine(doesnt sound like its clicking mutiple times) and it is not consistent. I cant help but wonder if maybe it has to do with the latest firmware? As the issue started occurring recently. Any way i could get the 1.10 firmware to test?

Im currently using iCUE 3.15.101 and firmware 3.14

Edit: found a copy of 1.10 on my HDD testing...

Edited by tbkizle

Again i have not tested with 3.14 firmware it my testing already kinda confirm what i thought was happening that it was better on 1.10 firmware. It also seems like it could be a software issue. without testing and just going by "feel" it seemed 3.14 firmware was worse but for the sake of ware and tear on my mouse id rather not test. Edited by tbkizle

• 1 month later...

My Scimitar is doing the same, I have latest firmware. I assumed that it is hardware but I don't hear a double click happening.

I have tried a soft reset (hold both mouse keys while inserting the USB) and that doesn't fix it.

My Scimitar is doing the same, I have latest firmware. I assumed that it is hardware but I don't hear a double click happening.

I have tried a soft reset (hold both mouse keys while inserting the USB) and that doesn't fix it.

For me it seems at least so far that at least with firmware 3.14 and icue 3.16. I used the small hole on the bottom of the mouse pushed that in while pluging in the mouse to then get it to show up as a usb to copy the firmware to. After doing this the mouse seems to work fine. despite having done a soft reset and a force update firmware in icue and have those not work. Copying the firmware in what i guess is some kind of firmware recovery mode or something.(small button buttom of the mouse worked)

so the fix for me was to:

1. download the latest firmware.

2. unplug mouse

3. push button on bottom of mouse and hold while pluging it in

4. delete the firmware file that is present in the new "drive" that shows up(cant remember what its labeled atm)

5. copy the firmware downloaded before to this "drive"

6. unplug mouse

7. plug mouse back in normally

Unfortunately I bought another mouse before discovering this but when you use the computer for work down time is not good. Not sure how this happened but it seems despite the update of firmware in the past seemingly being successful(no failure message or anything) was actually not. And apparently "force update" through icue didnt help either. Maybe this could help you too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just confirming after a full day of use there have been ZERO double clicks. Before 2 out of every 3 clicks were a double click.

This is solved!!

*** Corsair if you are listening the problem was fixed by manually resetting the firmware using the pin method to delete the current firmware ***

• 3 weeks later...

for anyone that might be looking, the current(8-5-2019) 3.14 firmware file. And direction on how to use it.

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal.

Scimitar_Pro_3.14_ISP.bin.zip

Edited by tbkizle

• 1 year later...

This did NOT fix my problem. The EXACT same issue. It double clicks or I'll click and start dragging and it suddenly just lets go and reclicks grabbing a different area.

It started all of a sudden a few weeks ago, and it's been getting EXTREMELY annoying and disruptive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
This did NOT fix my problem. The EXACT same issue. It double clicks or I'll click and start dragging and it suddenly just lets go and reclicks grabbing a different area.

It started all of a sudden a few weeks ago, and it's been getting EXTREMELY annoying and disruptive.

Please ensure that you have updated your mouse firmware; and forced the update when prompted.

If that does not resolve the issue please reach out to our support team at https://help.corsair.com

• 9 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Zor said:

Ok, so several months later, it's doing it AGAIN. Re-flashing the firmware hasn't helped this time... and the "surface callibration" thing on iCue literally won't work (I click the dot in the middle and it won't grab it at all). 

Any ideas? I am seriously getting tired of a mouse I paid so much for having such basic functionality failures. I SHOULD be able to click without a double click or click and drag without it randomly letting go and reclicking without my ever coming off the button. This is basic stuff, and having to jump through hoops repeatedly to "fix" a basic function is absurd. 
PLEASE FIX THIS!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video of what's going on - double clicking, clicking and dragging randomly letting go and re-grabbing (you can HEAR my clicks to see a 8-9 second long stretch of holding the button down while it randomly grabs and lets go). This is getting to be entirely unusably bad. 

Same thing was happening to me with the latest iCue update, and drove me nuts. I tried a factory reset and firmware reinstallation (nope, too easy!), made sure the optical sensor was clean - nothing.

What seems to have fixed it was turning down the polling rate in the device settings on iCue from 1000hz to 500hz (and unfortunately, a little more latency). Try doing this and I think you'll get some relief from the infamous Scimitar double click problem.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I've found a solution. Opening the mouse up I found the plastic piece that presses the microswitch has a little raised notch at the back. IDK what this is for, but it felt like this part was pressing the switch, then it could slide a little and the switch slightly come up to meet the non-notched part and release briefly. Additionally, sliding the mouse around would slide this back and forth slightly and could account for the letting go and reclicking problem I was seeing. 
I took a fine file to this switch press and made it flush & smooth without the notch and for the past 24-36 hours of use, haven't seen this behavior yet. I'll post here if it comes back- but this COULD BE a physical problem, not a software issue. 

Update, spoke too soon. Still doubling and click & dropping sometimes. Unfortunately nothing can be done about it since it's out of warranty and the first time I had help tickets about it (when it WAS in warranty) the support people didn't even offer to warranty replace it. 😕