Corsair Community

iCUE actions tab not showing any lighting effects

fakrgbkeyboard

My 3rd thread in 1 day. iCUE is an incredibly broken software.

I am trying to enable a simple action on my software profile. When I press F1, I want a rainbow wave to occur on selected keys. Based on a youtube video I watched with someone who had the exact same keyboard, all you have to do is add a lighting effect and then choose that lighting effect from the actions tab. However, no lighting effect shows up!!

Here's a picture.

Rainbow wave on selected keys under lighting effects: https://imgur.com/X9qD8Vz

No lighting effect options under selected tab: https://imgur.com/a/AbS5xDH I couldn't get a screenshot with the dropdown open but the dropdown has nothing in it.

This is not the only problem with the actions tab. I also made a simple macro bound to the f1 tab to print out "hello world". When I tried running it, it only printed "h". I had to remove the delays in order to get it to print "hello world"

Am I crazy or is this software complete garbage?

Edited by fakrgbkeyboard

Hey, hey!

Did the video you watch use a custom effect, or the predefined rainbow wave? Could you link the video?

Some light effects will not work with a macro/action defined in your second image where the drop down appears. Custom effects will, but you will need to create them yourself. Predefined ones do not work with macro/actions, and Rainbow Wave is a predefined effect.

I do not have the text macro issue. https://i.imgur.com/6WKL75C.jpg

Edited by PJH

• Corsair Employee

1.) Rainbow Wave is set to end on key release. That means as soon as you release the key, it stops. If you want Rainbow Wave to keep playing, hold down F1 key. That is how you have it setup...

2.) You can only use certain custom lighting effects for action assignment (like Ripple).

3.) I cannot reproduce this. This works properly for me. How did you setup the macro? Check your Action Trigger to ensure its "On Press" and not "White Pressed"

Here is the video I'm referring to. Exact same UI as mine. [ame]

[/ame]

The point was rainbow wave did not show up in the lighting dropdown menu. I am aware how the lighting effect was configured. It should still show up in the lighting effect dropdown menu from actions.

I will check if Ripple works when I'm back at my desk and report back here. If it does, that's great but completely unintuitive/unclear.

As far as the actions go, the "hello world" example should still work. However, when my macro has minor delays in between key presses, the macro hangs after the first letter "h". It's only after removing the delays that it prints out "hello world" obviously all in one keystroke. I will check the press logic.

edit: the action trigger was "on press"

Edited by fakrgbkeyboard

Hey, hey!

Well, all the lighting effects in the video were custom effects, not predefined. As I mentioned, Rainbow Wave is a predefined effect, and it does not work with macros/actions via the dropdown menu from actions.

Thanks for the help guys. I checked it out and indeed all custom effects except for static color show up in the dropdown. I still think this is completely unclear. Nothing from the UI makes a user suspect that the lighting actions are limited.

As far as the macro goes, I tried it out again today changing nothing and it seems to have worked. Maybe this was a transient issue, although yesterday I did try it multiple times.