Corsair Community

New to RGB Corsair products, Please help

beedo364

Hey guys, so I just finished my build using the MasterCase H500P and it included 2 front 200mm RGB fans. I know how to get power to the fans using my corsair commander pro, but the "1 TO 3 SPLITTER CABLE FOR RGB LED FANS Connector Splitter and 4 pin male to male adapters which are included." Does not fit in the slot that states LED on the commander pro. I also bought the RGB LED Lighting PRO expansion and those do fit on the commander pro.

I have spent quite a bit of money trying to make these RGB fans work, but am unable to get them to turn on. My motherboard also doesnt have a RGB port any more because I had broken it trying to fit the 4 pin in there. Is there something I'm missing or another piece I need to buy or some sort of adapter that needs to be connected to the commander pro in order for it to make the front fans lights turn on and customized in corsair link?

This is the piece on the bottom of the case that I am having difficulties installing on my commander pro

http://assets.coolermaster.com/products/mastercase-h500p/img/section8-img.png

Thanks for any help given on this.

Got some bad news for ya bud ... the Corsair stuff won't control those RGB fans. Those are 5050 RGB LEDs, which run at 12V and are not addressable. Corsair's RGB system runs at 5V and is addressable ... and only supports Corsair's RGB products, not the RGB products from another vendor. Those plugs will fit on most, if not all, motherboards that support RGB as well as any 5050 RGB header/controller.

Oh man I'm an idiot then, this explains so much. Is corsair looking to release 5050 compatibility in the future or at least 200mm fans?

I would doubt that they'd release 5050 compatibility in the future ... it's less capable than the stuff that they have out now. That said, 5050 is pretty widely adopted by motherboard manufacturers right now.

Can't say on the 200mm fans except they've never done that before and there is no standard mounting for 200mm fans (like there is for 80, 120 and 140mm fans) ... so I wouldn't put money on that either.

Archived