Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE 465X RGB Build (Need Advice)

EDIT: Finished the build! The only change I made was going for the EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA instead of the MSI Gaming Trio.

System is running smooth, is surprisingly silent and temps are great.

The GPU is quite heavy but it isn't really sagging (yet), but i do plan on installing an little support bracket in the future.

Let me know what you think :biggrin:! Some pictures:

1.jpg 2.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg

---------

Hi guys,

New to the forums and looking for a little advice on a new build I'm planning to do next month. Thanks in advance for your time and interest!

For starters, I'm an experienced gamer (mostly MMO and RTS, an occasional FPS) but not that experienced with building a system (did it once in 2014, still using it).

I am, however, a big fan of Corsair stuff (all my peripherals plus I'm invested in the stock since IPO) and wish to use as much Corsair hardware in my next build as possible while keeping the price reasonable.

After doing some research and looking into other builds, the below set-up is what I'm thinking of.

I'm looking for a combination of clean RBG look and solid (but not super high-end) specs with a tad of future-proofing.

Case: Corsair iCue 465x RGB (€125)

CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K (€480)

Board: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi (€200)

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid 360mm (€175)

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio (€800)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB, 4x 8GB (€195)

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME/SSD (€175)

Power: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold (€150)

Fans: Corsair LL120 120mm 3-pack (€100)

Total Build Cost: €2400 ($2850).

First, I'm curious if my chosen parts go well together.

Do my part choices make sense or are there perhaps better options (for GPU, CPU, Board)?

Also, are 32GB RAM and the CPU overkill or is it smart to get at this point in time?

Second, altogether I'm about €400-€500 over my target price.

Any suggestions to trim it down without giving up too much in looks and specs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ringo

Edited by Panzer_Ringo
Build Finished + added pics

I spent 3k on my desktop. Got the same case but a 10700k, 2070 super, 64gb of 3600 mhz ram, same power supply. Don't worry about going over. Spend it now and get decent stuff so you don't look back in the future. Your build seems fine. Enjoy it! Video card if you can get it is mint! Edited by jarablue

• 4 weeks later...
I spent 3k on my desktop. Got the same case but a 10700k, 2070 super, 64gb of 3600 mhz ram, same power supply. Don't worry about going over. Spend it now and get decent stuff so you don't look back in the future. Your build seems fine. Enjoy it! Video card if you can get it is mint!

TY Jara, i went along with it, just couldn't find the Gaming Trio 3080 but found a nice alternative in the EVGA XC3 Ultra. Cheers!