Corsair Community

RGB Strip - 2 LEDs flashing/flickering

Yvonneay

Hey y'all,

I've searched and searched for this particular issue with no luck. I keep finding the whole strip is flashing/flickering, or that it doesn't connect to other strips to power them... I guess I have a more unique situation??

This happens with or without iCue software running. The last 2 LEDs on a strip connected DIRECTLY to my Lighting Node Pro are flickering. This only started recently as I've had this PC built for a bit over a year and it was not doing this before. I only recently noticed it, however. I do not know if a firmware update caused this, or if it's faulty LEDs? In any case, it's very distracting now that I know of it and I can see it out of the corner of my eye.

I see other people having issues running power through the strips, I do not believe this is the case since this one is directly connected to the Node Pro and it only has 2 LEDs flicker not all of them.

Any and all support is welcome, even the "did you turn it on and off again?" ones... because I might have not done that... even though I did.

Thanks!

Did you turn it off and on? :p

Are you saying it is always the last two LEDs that flicker no matter if you have 1, 2... or 6 strips connected? i.e. on 2 strips only LED 19 and 20 are flickering?

Have you tried swapping out strips in different orders?

I guess I just have the one on the node, got lucky I guess and didn't have to have any plugged in to it or vice versa. So it's just the one strip attached to the node.

I tried switching the strips to different nodes, and it's definitely the strip... I haven't tested if it does it regardless if it's with another strip attached or not because I didn't want to take my whole RGB strip system out, it's a pain in the *** to build a nice looking PC... Basically I'm lazy and didn't want to have to take it apart and put it back together if I didn't need to.

I'm a bit bummed because even though I saved the receipt for the strips, and I saved a lot of boxes for warranty, if this is a strip issue I dunno if I have this particular box to send it in for warranty. :(

EDIT: I moved the strips around and regardless of order, or placement, in sequence or not, the strip flickers at that point. Opening up a ticket with Corsair as I believe to have a damaged strip even though it's been a year since I have had it... :(

Edited by Yvonneay