Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro 3600MHz problems

Radi

Hello good people!

I have a bit of an issue here!

I have purchased separately 2 2X8 GB Kits of CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18.

One set has ram chips made by Micron and other kit made by Nanya. IMO that all doesnt matter in relation to my issues, but stating just in case.

So long story short, when I got the first kit of 2X8 GB I was able to run at stated default XMP settings @ 3600MHz. But as soon as I have added the second kit of 2X8 GB I am not able to run stable @ 3600MHz anymore.

I will boot to Windows, but under heavier loads BSD follows soon and Aida64 stress test fails within 5 minutes.

Setting the now 4X8 GB RAMs @ 3200MHz and best possible timings of 16-16-16-36 makes things rock solid.

I have a brand new 5800X set up with ROG Strix B550 E mobo.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Well that's more than likely your issue there. you have two separate kits not certified to play together.

The primary timings are identical but secondaries may not be strictly the same.

Your UEFI may load the timings from one stick and these won't work with the others..

It's best to buy sticks in sets of 4 if you need 4, because you know they will be matching chips that have been tested together and are from the same manufacturer.

Even if you buy two different kits of the same reference, as you have seen, they are never guaranteed to have the exact same chips inside, same revision, same SPD, same timings.

Your best bet would be to return the last kit you bought and get a 4x8Gb 3600 kit

• Corsair Employee
Well that's more than likely your issue there. you have two separate kits not certified to play together.

The primary timings are identical but secondaries may not be strictly the same.

Your UEFI may load the timings from one stick and these won't work with the others..

It's best to buy sticks in sets of 4 if you need 4, because you know they will be matching chips that have been tested together and are from the same manufacturer.

Even if you buy two different kits of the same reference, as you have seen, they are never guaranteed to have the exact same chips inside, same revision, same SPD, same timings.

Your best bet would be to return the last kit you bought and get a 4x8Gb 3600 kit

This, pretty much. Didn't want to type up my response when it would've been the same. Thanks for the assist!

-Art