Corsair Community

2x F60 @Raid0 vs. SATA (specs)

Mummy

Hi there,

I just get 2 F60 last week and but them in RAID0 array. After i get my system runing and update. I testted my drivers speed, with ATTO. It showed me that both Read and Write is more then 500MB/s.:eek:

Q; How its posible, my mb is only Sata2 capable?

- Isnt Sata2 (spec) max speed ~300MB/s?

- If i buy 3th F60 in to that RAID0 array, do i get full speed from that too or do i need to firsth buy sata3 capable mb?

Todays test in jpg file.

Sry for my English :o:

Thanks for any help/ clarification!

Greetings, Mummy

500.jpg.6f52d562a123568de668ceb52b419227.jpg

It's that fast because you have data going down two separate pipes. Each pipe's going @ ~250 MB/s, therefore the total is ~500 MB/s.

In otherwords if you type with one hand you can type let's say 30 words per minute. Use both hands you can now type 60 words per minute.

Ok, so after 3th ssd i can only increase storage space.

-If some prog use's all that speed from ssd's, will it effect for example on movie play at sata dvd-driver or will that optical driver have priority 1 ?

Thanks a lot of your help!

It was clearly good chose to update my pc with this ssd's. Now i only hope that Intel will get that trim command in to Raid array on next driver update ;)

Greetings, Mummy

Yeah, that would help if i had pci-e slot available, this gene mb is µATX(so smal power beast :laughing: ).

I think, i relax if i "get" that 3th one, becorse this i5 750 @4,2GHz maybe a "bottle neck" in my case, with these 2 ssd's already :cool:

But, thank you Wired and Ram guy for your fast replys! I hope this helped other wonders too.

Greetings, Mummy

Archived