Corsair Community

Timings of RGB PRO 16 GB DDR4 3200 CL14

nephh

Hi,

I ordered the following memory CMW16GX4M2C3200C14 on a French website, where it was indicated on the product page:

• TIMINGS
  • CAS Latency : 14
  • RAS to CAS Delay : 14
  • RAS Precharge Time : 14
  • RAS Active Time : 34

But I received the memory and it says this on the memory modules: "14-16-16-36" (see attached file). On the site Corsair.com, there is no technical details of this memory, and the French merchant doesn't answer me for the moment.

Why is the timings not 14-14-14-34 as advertised?

Thank you.

CMW16GX4M2C3200C14corsair.thumb.jpg.58bd4d575cc40408bca0a46320930ebe.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I ordered the following memory CMW16GX4M2C3200C14 on a French website, where it was indicated on the product page:

• TIMINGS
  • CAS Latency : 14
  • RAS to CAS Delay : 14
  • RAS Precharge Time : 14
  • RAS Active Time : 34

But I received the memory and it says this on the memory modules: "14-16-16-36" (see attached file). On the site Corsair.com, there is no technical details of this memory, and the French merchant doesn't answer me for the moment.

Why is the timings not 14-14-14-34 as advertised?

Thank you.

From what I'm seeing you got the correct kit that's ours but they have their timings listed incorrectly.

A colleague of mine just checked and it seems it is indeed 14-14-14-34 and the is just misprinted, it should show correctly in cpu-z.

-Art

A colleague of mine just checked and it seems it is indeed 14-14-14-34 and the is just misprinted, it should show correctly in cpu-z.

-Art

Thanks for the fast reply :-)

Okay I have not tested the memory yet but I will tell you that in the next days. Fingers crossed. How can there be printing errors like this? ^^ Corsair products are perfect usually.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the fast reply :-)

Okay I have not tested the memory yet but I will tell you that in the next days. Fingers crossed. How can there be printing errors like this? ^^ Corsair products are perfect usually.

I'm not sure, I first responded so sure of myself due to these issues not being usual at all.

How can there be printing errors like this? ^^

It is very rare, but it has happened before. My last Corsair kit with misprinted specs was back in 2013 if i remember corretly, so a long while back. It was a kit of CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 labeled with 9-11-9-27, so the specs of the CMT8GX3M2A2133C9, instead of 9-11-10-27. The SPD was programmed correctly though.

I would be interested in a Thaiphoon Burner screenshot of your kit :biggrin:

I'm not sure, I first responded so sure of myself due to these issues not being usual at all.

Hello,

Verdict: I'm at 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34 (with profile 2 in the BIOS). So it's just misprinted. Too bad Corsair makes such mistakes. A little disappointed on this point.

But the important thing is that the memory corresponds to what I ordered, which is the case.

Thanks.

capture_CPUZ_xmp_profile2.png.bbfd45de6000686b1813999588ee5e48.png

Archived