Hey all. I have a very odd recurring problem. I have the following build:

Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero

intel i9-9900KF

4 x 8 G.Skilll TridentZ 3200 RAM

Nvidia RTX 2080 Super

2 intel 660p nvme

2 corsair mx500 ssd

Corsair TX 850M PSU

I had a previous version of this mobo with an i7-7700k and the cooler worked great. Since I assembled my new PC, I attempted to transfer the AIO and plugged it up correctly to the usb 2.0 header on the mobo and the CPU fan header. The AIO's fan rgbs came on and then went out seconds later. After a few minutes the pump went out. I went and purchased another H115i, brand new. I tried installing it. This one fried also. I RMA'd the motherboard, thinking that may be the problem. I also RMA'd the two H115i AIOs, too. I got all the parts back and rebuilt. BOTH AIOS BURNED UP AGAIN. I have RMA'd them once again and don't want to attempt to use them until I can be sure I haven't encountered a problem that is known or at least until I am 110% certain nothing I am doing is wrong.

Before you ask, I have reviewed the manual and watched videos on proper installation of this AIO on this mobo. I have triple checked my header connections since the first cooler burnt out. I am encountering the issue of no detection in icue, thougth I think it's because the usb port on the pump is getting damaged. I have attempted to connect the usb cable from the pump to a usb port on the backside of the pc. Same results. I recently purchased a new PSU in the event that it might be something with the PSU, although everything is running fine with the PSU currently installed and an air cooler. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been a major headache. :/

Edited by FABREASE

Well, having not just one but two AIOs back to back burn up like that is really pointing to something environmental. Typically, we see this kind of stuff when the power leads are wrong. Are you only using cables that came with the PSU? Not swapping cables around? This is what I've seen (here on the forum) cause these kinds of issues.

I have tried swapping power cables and ports on the psu. The cables were supplied with the psu. (The psu is modular) The only thing I haven’t tried outside of some bios setting I might not know about, is swap my PSU. It is possible that I have bad ports on my psu. It’s just odd that I have 2 ssd devices using cables that I tried using on the AIO and they have no problems. I imagine they draw a bit less power, but I don’t think the power draw is the issue. :/