Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso only two channel

Dritzz

Hi Folks ,

I've a little issue with my new virtuoso non SE.

It only shows two channel on windows , not the 8 channel locked somme people speak about on the forums.

It is not locked in any manner : i can chosse and the highest setting usable on wireless mode is 2 channel , 24 bit , 48kHz

Is that normal ?

I've tried several fix if it is not , but so far no luck...

(Uninstall the headset and removing any trace of it )

(Uninstall Icue )

(Try changing the driver the headset use, etc...)

Thanks.

Edited by Dritzz
Marked as solved

Try this.

1- Connect headset with USB

2- Open iCUE

3- Go to settings

4- Choose headset

5- Look for firmware update, if non, just click update

5- Wait until update finished

It should force update you dongle. Once done, remove dongle and follow the steps again.

Hi , after futher research , i found the culprit.

Thanks for your advice , but i've already tested that.

My test protocol was to format my system disk , install only icue and then install and reboot every single app / driver / program folow immediatly by a reboot to check if the headset was still on 8 channels.

So the culprit is kaspersky.

Hope my 6 hours of research might help others with that issue.

if you already have kaspersky installed and got the same exact issue , you do not need to format , just follow these steps :

1 uninstall Kaspersky and all the apps related

2 Go to device manager and uninstall the headset ( thick remove driver)

3 uninstall Icue

4 unplug the headset and the dongle , an turn off the headset (by switching to wired mode

5 reboot

6 Install a fresh icue

7 reboot

8 plug in the dongle and wait for the notification that tell you that's properly installed

9 turn on the headset

10 enjoy a working headset

• 6 months later...
Hi , after futher research , i found the culprit.

Thanks for your advice , but i've already tested that.

My test protocol was to format my system disk , install only icue and then install and reboot every single app / driver / program folow immediatly by a reboot to check if the headset was still on 8 channels.

So the culprit is kaspersky.

Hope my 6 hours of research might help others with that issue.

if you already have kaspersky installed and got the same exact issue , you do not need to format , just follow these steps :

1 uninstall Kaspersky and all the apps related

2 Go to device manager and uninstall the headset ( thick remove driver)

3 uninstall Icue

4 unplug the headset and the dongle , an turn off the headset (by switching to wired mode

5 reboot

6 Install a fresh icue

7 reboot

8 plug in the dongle and wait for the notification that tell you that's properly installed

9 turn on the headset

10 enjoy a working headset

Thank you for that. I've been using other AV, then switched to Kaspersky and haven't noticed at first that sound is different in my headset. Finally realised I am stuck to 2.0 in Windows, 8 channels were gone!

I've tried everything, 3 different machines (one virtual), newest iCue with completely clean install etc. It turned out that any version of current Kaspersky AV is causing these issues and removing 8 channel option from the headset! I've tried trials of any available currently version, always same results. It even happens when I completely disable AV protection and exit the program (but not uninstalling it). Only uninstalling it helps with it, as after reboot I get 8 channels instantly - I don't even have to reinstall iCue or drivers, it just works instantly after reboot.

Since Kaspersky is pretty much best AV out there currently, it would be good if both them and Corsair actually got together and fixed it.

And I've just tried Kaspersky free Anti-Ransomware tool, which isn't even antivirus. Just installed it and instantly lost 8 channel sound, just 2 channel available... There's definitely something in ALL Kaspersky software that's not liking Corsair stuff (or the other way around)!