Corsair Community

A Proposal...

Neardood1

OK i'm not really a software person so if i'm wrong here can you correct me.

On the Corsair website in regards to the link commander it says "Hardware developers can follow the Corsair Link Digital interface and engage in open development of components that can be monitored and controlled by Corsair Link Dashboard".

Now I know they are talking about the hardware side of things in that statement, but I was wondering about the possibilities of doing some independent software development to control the system, some of the possibilities could include:

Plugins for other hardware - EG I have a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard, and an app which relays the data from the Link software to the screen on the keyboard and provides functionality such as being able to change profiles or LED modes would be very handy, as even though I have 2 monitors I prefer to switch the other one off during gaming.

Plugins for software - A plugin for itunes or another media player that pulses/flashes the LED'S to the music as a kind of live visualization would be very cool.

If anything like this exists, or if you know someone that is developing something like this let me know please :).

im very curious,i have owned an h80 and a h100 both with link commander.

one has worked well for 5 months now,the other for 3 months.

if Corsair does fix its software,what will it do for me?

if it works for me,how can i assume it needs fixing?

if it doesnt need fixing for me,why does it for others?

and the question of the year-how can it work for one but not for another?

these are questions people should ask themselves

look on amazon,newegg,tigerdirect and everywhere,the positive comments outweigh the negative ones

its all the same software:confused:

neardood,i like your ideas of new functions for the link

im very curious,i have owned an h80 and a h100 both with link commander.

one has worked well for 5 months now,the other for 3 months.

if Corsair does fix its software,what will it do for me?

if it works for me,how can i assume it needs fixing?

if it doesnt need fixing for me,why does it for others?

and the question of the year-how can it work for one but not for another?

these are questions people should ask themselves

look on amazon,newegg,tigerdirect and everywhere,the positive comments outweigh the negative ones

its all the same software:confused:

neardood,i like your ideas of new functions for the link

Link is not sold on the sites you listed. The reviews are for the H units themselves, which I agree are great pieces of kit. I even went to the trouble of installing one on my GTX 670 and it works really well keeping it cool.

The Link software however has a whole heap of problems. If it works well for you, I am very happy for you, congratulations, but unfortunately it doesn't for a lot of other people.

It seems your (presumably) rhetorical questions are insinuating that the problems are the users and not the software. So maybe start a thread detailing what your process was to get it all up and running to see if it differs from mine for example? If it helps me see something I missed, then I for one would be extremely grateful.

However just bear in mind that as a paying customer, it is not up to the consumer to tell you why it works for some people and not others, that is for the vendor to work out and fix so the others get what they paid for.

If the product was intended for only certain hardware configurations, then there should have been a disclaimer, similar to the minimum/recommended specs that games have, but there wasn't.

If the product needs to be installed in a certain order or a certain way, then instructions should be included, but they weren't.

I am not trying to slam Corsair, but at the same time I think it is quite clear from the number of problems reported that there is definitely issues with the software, as it is not consistent in doing what it was intended to do. Though I don't deny there will be plenty of human error involved also

Just as a side note, Link is currently working well for me (but I did a complete fresh install of Windows 2 days ago, so I may be jumping the gun here) except for the known issues of wrong temps recorded by HDD/SSD and some inaccurate fan control.

This thread was about the possibilities of allowing customers to add their own extensions and modifications to the software, but as some others rightly pointed out, that is not likely to happen until the problems in the software as it exists right now are resolved. Maybe we should stick to that?

Archived