Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2019, 02:21 PM
BritishGuy1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029304
BritishGuy1 Reputation: 10
Question Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2400MHz on MSI H310-F PRO & i5-9400F

Hi,
I want to buy a couple new RAM sticks for my PC to bump it up to 16GB instead of 8GB. On MSI's website it states that the motherboard I have, the H310-F Pro, can support RAM sticks that run at 2133MHz, 2400MHz and 2666MHz. I purchased the Vengeance LPX 16GB 2666MHz RAM from Amazon, and when I first installed them into my two ports on my motherboard I endured two blue screens on Saturday which both came out with the reason of 'RAM_MANAGEMENT', I didn't use my PC on Sunday but when I came back to it on Monday I got one blue screen telling me a 'KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE' had occured. From this I was unable to restart my PC so I placed my old RAM cards back in and turned on the PC and was able to login. I ran a Memtest86 check straight away and it came out with no errors so I presume the fault was either from me or the new cards.
I am now considering buying the Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400MHz cards, also from Amazon, to see if they will work as my current cards also operate at 2400MHz, but before I purchase them I wish to know if these cards will work and if possible, tell me why the 2600MHz variant did not work.
Thanks for your time.