Corsair Community

Strafe RGB suddenly colours are wrong

Scoose

So I haven't used my computer for about 9 days or so now because I have been away. I have my colours set to green and for some reason, several of them are displaying red. I have tried resetting to factory default - although that doesn't seem to be working properly. I have uninstalled iCUE and played with the settings and nothing has worked.

In the past, I somehow managed to set my factory default colours to all green and today when iCUE wasn't open, all the keys were displaying as green and as soon as iCUE opened, a bunch of keys went red. That tells me this is a software issue of some kind. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I paid a lot of money for my keyboard. I have also bought a CPU cooler and RAM by Corsair. I've paid you my money, I held up my end of the bargain so now you need to fix the problem.

When I set my keyboard colours to all white, I have a combination of white, red, orange, at least 5 shades of pink and a bunch of the lights flicker. When I set it to green (my usual colour), the same keys are mostly red and a couple won't even light up. These aren't a mild discolouration as can be seen by the picture. I didn't have these problems before the latest software.

I contacted Corsair and they send me some new firmware to install which did nothing and I tried a soft reset. I have 2 friends with the same keyboard and the same issues to a lesser degree than me.

Keyboard.thumb.jpg.1eb8840f38180691f8aaa2f68354ff01.jpg

I had this issue on 3 keys. The "blue" from the RGB stopped working

I was still in warranty (luckily) and amazon exchanged it.

Yes a single color from a RGB LED can fail. And thats what you see here.

If you reset the board and go to static lighting switch trough colors to check which is broken....

good luck

I don't think it is that. The keys that are a different colour are always different, they don't stay the same for long. They also sometimes start normal when I boot up my computer before the software runs and then they change once startup is complete. I also have 2 friends who are having a similar issue to me but theirs isn't as bad and it started around the same time.

This feels to me like Corsair either pulling an Apple and making people's products stop working properly to get them to buy a new one or just shoddy programming and they don't care enough about consumers to fix it promptly.

Archived