Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

In my opinion Corsair should offer all these options, PBT, ABS, single, double shot, backlit or not and it should be up to the customers to decide what they want. It should also offer the keycap sets (maybe even single keycaps) for different countries/regions and try to NOT leave some LESS important out. I assume over 20 million market should be less important cause I can't find a single Strafe RGB model with local lettering (only 5 specific letters) in any of ex-Yugoslav countries. And the pricing should take into consideration the pricing of the keyboards. If a whole board costs about 150€ what do you think only the keycap set should cost? Much, much lower, ridiculously lower. Because if a customer smells greed...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my white doubleshot backlit keycaps today and damn they feel good. Will post some pics a bit later when I have some time. Only have one issue and its the one alt key that is a bit skew. Personally I can live with it though.

The feeling is probably the best aspect of the PBT keys asides from the quality/durability. Really missed that coming from the Deck Legend. I'll probably have to get some O rings to dampen the sound because it really increases the clacking although I'm a heavy touch typist. I'm sure I bottom out the keys and there's just not much I can do about it.

I took some pictures but I decided they didn't come out so great so I didn't post them. The white keys really pop, the lighting looks excellent. I was going to keep the original keys but after a few weeks I just tossed them.

Corsair, I hope you're listening.... please release a full K95 PBT double shot keycap set and I'll be buying them!

Here is some images of the keycaps on the K70.

Ive listed some of the issues that I have found.

Let me know if I need to post a specific picture for anyone that wants more information.

Pictures album

Video of rainbow spiral

PS: last time I checked on mechanical keyboards they were sold out of the white ones.

Final word: They are great keycaps and totally worth the money its just the skew alt key that is bothering me. Will be contacting them Tomorrow to see if we can solve the problem

• Corsair Employee
Here is some images of the keycaps on the K70.

Ive listed some of the issues that I have found.

Let me know if I need to post a specific picture for anyone that wants more information.

Pictures album

Video of rainbow spiral

PS: last time I checked on mechanical keyboards they were sold out of the white ones.

Final word: They are great keycaps and totally worth the money its just the skew alt key that is bothering me. Will be contacting them Tomorrow to see if we can solve the problem

They look Great!

• Corsair Employee
Why no double shot key caps on K63? Such a let down!

Putting double shot keys on K63 would drive it up to the same cost as the STRAFE. However, we will have doubleshot keycaps soon so you can put them on whatever keyboard you like

Putting double shot keys on K63 would drive it up to the same cost as the STRAFE. However, we will have doubleshot keycaps soon so you can put them on whatever keyboard you like

Interesting - was there ever thought of calling it a TKL STRAFE? The plastic chassis of K63 makes it more like a STRAFE than a short K70/lit'ed K65. So far all K-series are aluminum, not?

Or does 63 comes from just being a cheaper K65?

• Corsair Employee
TBH I am not sure what names was explored, but I agree with you based on our keyboard history. STRAFE TKL or even STRAFE Mini will do. Not to mention we also released our RGB rubber dome keyboard call the K55. So the assumption of K series being only aluminum chassis is no more.

I *cough* may have registered just to post this *cough*

@Cosair Henery

Once you have the double shot PBT keykaps, am I correct in assuming that you will be able to buy keyboards such as the K70 with those key caps instead of the ABS one for less than the cost of K70 + Keycap replacements. (I'm guessing Δcost = cost PBT - cost ABS)

thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's still alive. It is taking a bit longer because we want to make sure we do it right the first time :D:

Do you have any updates for us? I would still love to get a set of these whenever they become available.

Just a heads up on the Vortex 126 key set. I kind of think the spacebar and some of the non-standard keys are probably a doubleshot ABS rather than PBT. If you flip them over you can see they are designed differently than the standard letter/number keys. The black plastic is much thinner on a bunch of the non-standard keys including the spacebar and looks almost exactly like the keys on my Realforce RGB keyboard which are doubleshot ABS (font is almost exactly the same as well which is interesting).

I really hope the corsair set includes a SMOOTH spacebar with only a small slit for the lighting.

Edited by Offkilter

Just a heads up on the Vortex 126 key set. I kind of think the spacebar and some of the non-standard keys are probably a doubleshot ABS rather than PBT. If you flip them over you can see they are designed differently than the standard letter/number keys. The black plastic is much thinner on a bunch of the non-standard keys including the spacebar and looks almost exactly like the keys on my Realforce RGB keyboard which are doubleshot ABS (font is almost exactly the same as well which is interesting).

I really hope the corsair set includes a SMOOTH spacebar with only a small slit for the lighting.

What worried me when I put the set on was just how similar the molding looked to the stock Realforce RGB and Ducky keycaps. This wasn't just on the spacebar, but on ALL keys. Hopefully, those of us who couldn't wait for the Corsair set to release weren't duped into buying a set of ABS doubleshots marketed as PBT doubleshots... :wtfman:

EDIT: OK, I exaggerated a bit. The molding on the standard keys looks a bit different from the Realfoce RGB ABS doubleshots. The non-standard keys and spacebar look shockingly similar, though. Hopefully, it's just a case of them using the same tooling to make those, but using PBT instead of ABS... I hope... !!!

Edited by Leffen
Checked caps again for my own sanity...

Any news on this ? would love a PBT doubleshot black set for Corsair Strafe RGB (ISO / en-gb layout), not interested in having a patchy keyboard with incomplete sets Edited by Yakumo

• 1 month later...
Is this project still alive, or have the higher-ups decided to terminate it? I'm a little worried given that it's been over a month since anyone posted a reply, and even longer since Corsair Henry has posted anything about this.

Bump, i just had to RMA one of my keys ('S') (after 7 month of use) because the ABS keycap broke... and i just had a reality check, because now i have to worry about my 150GBP keyboard, which is a joke. Even in this price range something can be a cheaply made, and now i see that the ABS keycaps are exactly that.