Corsair Community

CM73SD512R-2100/S & AMD 762 (MS-6501) Chipset...

nimajneb

Having some difficulty finding RAM compatibility lists and/or product information on the afore mentioned piece of RAM. I need to know if the CM73SD512R-2100/S is compatible with the AMD 762 chipset, specifically a Mircostar International MS-6501, aka K7D Master. Can anyone help me with a more detailed description of the part, and/or knowledge of it compatibility with the proposed system.

I was so glad I came across this thread. I have almost the same situation and I am experiencing problems. I have a Gigabyte 7DX m/b with the AMD761 chipset and the system is unstable with two of the CM73SD512R-2100/s modules in at once. With only one module the system seems ok, but with two it is unstable. The symptom is: The system spontanoesly hangs after a period of usage and recovers in a type of safe-mode with low-res, colours and winXP instructs to save data and restart. Also video playback is jerky. (I have ensured that the pins on the m/b are set for support of registered memory). Please help me. I would really like to get the current configuration working properly.

• Corsair Employee
The first thing to do is test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and make sure one is not failing! In addition, what O.S. do you have installed and what Video card, PSU and any other devices you might have installed?

Sorry I forgot to mention these. I have already tested both memory sticks individually and even both memory slots individually with memtest and both sticks appear fine on each slot. The graphics card is the ATI radeon 7500. The OS is windows XP with sp1. The PSU is 300w but I am not sure about any other specs. What should I look for? I also have installed in the PCI slots, Sound Blaster Live and an ADSL (globespan chipset) modem. Could you please verfy the best timings for these memory modules, if you think this may help. Currently I have set DRAM timings by auto. These are the options available with this m/b: DRAM PH Limit DRAM Idle Limit DRAM Trc Timing Value DRAM Trp Timing Value DRAM Tras Timing Value DRAM CAS Latency SDRAM Trcd Timing Value Also this option is avaliable: SDRAM ECC Setting (Disabled/Check only/Correct Error/Correct + Scrub) I have it set to Disabled. With any other setting the computer takes a long time to initialize on boot-up (long time before the beep) but then it's pretty much as usual. Thanks Friedrich

I'm glad to say that things are running a lot better since I installed the latest graphics drivers for the radeon 7500. So far "the incident" has not occured and I haven't noticed a decrease in performance. I just don't understand this one thing, though - if you could clear this up for me. How could the graphics card have been responsible - it has its own memory (64MB)? I would understand if the graphics card made use of system memory (as i understand it doesn't). Could you also explain why the corsair website does not list this module (in fact info for this is pretty hard to come by). (BTW Gigabyte GA-7DX unfortunetly has only two dimms) Thanks for your help

• Corsair Employee
Well the Video or graphics are closely integrated in to every thing windows does and a driver conflict can cause instability! However, if the modules will run [url]www.memtest.org[/url] with out problems then there is likely some other issue like you may have found! And the part is no longer in production is why there is no information.

Archived