Corsair Community

Wow....just f-ing wow...

Ok, I saw today that CUE v2.9.53 was released. I thought "Let's give it another chance" so I downloaded it and let it install over v2.6.79. No errors, other than the obvious one that of the six profiles I had in CUE, only three were being shown and my main one, labeled "Default" was completely wiped clean of EVERY SINGLE LIGHTING EFFECT I HAD CREATED. Not only that, but EVERYTHING in MY "Default" profile was gone. My K70 and Scimitar are lacking every single specialization I had generated. In fact, the K70 keyboard is completely dark except for the brightness button and winlock button.

Ok, so it's an inconvenience...I'll just re-import all six profiles which I had saved only a couple weeks ago when I found that v2.7.78 was a piece of garbage. Well, the profiles would NOT import! I could go through the motions but they would not appear in the list. I said "fine", uninstalled v2.9 and reinstalled 2.6.79, at least THAT worked for me! Once v2.6 was installed, all profiles with the exception of the dark "default" were gone from CUE. Trying to re-import them was an absolute waste of time because now NOTHING AT ALL can be loaded....NOTHING!!!

WTF Corsair???? How many beta testers are testing this software, two? And are both of them testing on the developer's computers??? Here's a novel idea - how about going through a beta test regimen of more than a couple days using something even remotely related to larger than a couple test beds and release something that DOES NOT TRASH ONE'S CONFIGURATIONS!!!

Right now I'm praying that this POS software will let me rebuild my configurations from scratch and good thing I took a week off from work...not that I wanted to spend it d*****g with this crap! And yes, I am pi**ed.:mad:

Ok, I saw today that CUE v2.9.53 was released. I thought "Let's give it another chance" so I downloaded it and let it install over v2.6.79. No errors, other than the obvious one that of the six profiles I had in CUE, only three were being shown and my main one, labeled "Default" was completely wiped clean of EVERY SINGLE LIGHTING EFFECT I HAD CREATED. Not only that, but EVERYTHING in MY "Default" profile was gone. My K70 and Scimitar are lacking every single specialization I had generated. In fact, the K70 keyboard is completely dark except for the brightness button and winlock button.

Ok, so it's an inconvenience...I'll just re-import all six profiles which I had saved only a couple weeks ago when I found that v2.7.78 was a piece of garbage. Well, the profiles would NOT import! I could go through the motions but they would not appear in the list. I said "fine", uninstalled v2.9 and reinstalled 2.6.79, at least THAT worked for me! Once v2.6 was installed, all profiles with the exception of the dark "default" were gone from CUE. Trying to re-import them was an absolute waste of time because now NOTHING AT ALL can be loaded....NOTHING!!!

WTF Corsair???? How many beta testers are testing this software, two? And are both of them testing on the developer's computers??? Here's a novel idea - how about going through a beta test regimen of more than a couple days using something even remotely related to larger than a couple test beds and release something that DOES NOT TRASH ONE'S CONFIGURATIONS!!!

Right now I'm praying that this POS software will let me rebuild my configurations from scratch and good thing I took a week off from work...not that I wanted to spend it d*****g with this crap! And yes, I am pi**ed.:mad:

You cant import any profiles? even after downgrading?

You cant import any profiles? even after downgrading?

Nope. I even started seeing the infamous macro error notification.

Just spent the last 2 hours rebuilding all my profiles. I'm extremely gun shy about doing anything with this software now. I just went back to the sticky announcing the new version and saw nothing about format changes, or clearing the \appdata folder as Inheritance suggested. If this needs to be done every time the version changes, or if it's at least recommended, it would be a very nice thing if that comment were placed in the change notes to remind people to do this.

I do want to thank you and Inheritance for spending the time replying to my rant.:biggrin: I have a real problem with wasting time by repeating actions numerous times when they shouldn't be warranted, both at work and away, so this event was really pushing my hot button! I have since cooled down by having to rebuild everything, and finding a little bit more efficient way to do what I wanted, but that's two hours I could've spent playing WoW! :p:

• Corsair Employee
We do actually have a large number of internal testers, and there is a group of external beta testers like Inheritance and Krazykid who help me do testing prior to release. I am sorry you had some problems but unfortunately it is the nature of software that every now and then, we'll see something that was unintended. We do aim to fix everything but bugs that can't be reproduced 100% can't be fixed because we don't know whats causing it. Its like going to the mechanic with your car. Unless the car can demonstrate whats wrong, the mechanic won't know where to look and what needs to be resolved.

We do actually have a large number of internal testers, and there is a group of external beta testers like Inheritance and Krazykid who help me do testing prior to release. I am sorry you had some problems but unfortunately it is the nature of software that every now and then, we'll see something that was unintended. We do aim to fix everything but bugs that can't be reproduced 100% can't be fixed because we don't know whats causing it. Its like going to the mechanic with your car. Unless the car can demonstrate whats wrong, the mechanic won't know where to look and what needs to be resolved.

I really figured Corsair had a fair number of testers, both internal and external to the company, but in reality, how many thousands of users are out there vs. how many beta testers? I'm sure I wouldn't be far off to venture 100-ish to 1, in addition to how many thousands of different computer configurations. Plus, I don't care who says what, but computer systems really are unstable beasts and it doesn't take much to mess them up. Yesterday was a perfect example - my system was running fairly "stable" when I perturbed it by trying CUE 2.9 and all hell broke loose. Last month, I installed/uninstalled 2.6 & 2.7 numerous times and didn't seem to have any trouble (other than 2.7 not working) so I assumed (yeah, I know...) 2.6 was my new "stable" installation. So, when yesterday rolled around I was surprised/frustrated/angry/sad/etc. when my old "trusty" 2.6 gave me trouble.

I've almost calmed down enough to give 2.9 another try. So, what would be the best procedure to go from 2.6 to 2.9? Should I manually uninstall 2.6 and delete the \appdata folder, then run the 2.9 .msi again and pray for miracles? ;):

I really figured Corsair had a fair number of testers, both internal and external to the company, but in reality, how many thousands of users are out there vs. how many beta testers? I'm sure I wouldn't be far off to venture 100-ish to 1, in addition to how many thousands of different computer configurations. Plus, I don't care who says what, but computer systems really are unstable beasts and it doesn't take much to mess them up. Yesterday was a perfect example - my system was running fairly "stable" when I perturbed it by trying CUE 2.9 and all hell broke loose. Last month, I installed/uninstalled 2.6 & 2.7 numerous times and didn't seem to have any trouble (other than 2.7 not working) so I assumed (yeah, I know...) 2.6 was my new "stable" installation. So, when yesterday rolled around I was surprised/frustrated/angry/sad/etc. when my old "trusty" 2.6 gave me trouble.

I've almost calmed down enough to give 2.9 another try. So, what would be the best procedure to go from 2.6 to 2.9? Should I manually uninstall 2.6 and delete the \appdata folder, then run the 2.9 .msi again and pray for miracles? ;):

The point is no matter how much testing, there is also going to be an issue, in order for us to find out issues it has to be released public, because like you said, there is 100 to 1 when it comes to our beta team. The public will find most of the issues because there is all kinds of different computer systems.

The point is no matter how much testing, there is also going to be an issue, in order for us to find out issues it has to be released public, because like you said, there is 100 to 1 when it comes to our beta team. The public will find most of the issues because there is all kinds of different computer systems.

Very, very, VERY true! And once the adrenaline has been burned through after seeing something not work as expected, thank you for all your time and effort to help us!

Yesterday I had reinstalled CUE 2.6.79, rebuilt all of my profiles and seemed to be working fine. Today, I uninstalled 2.6.79 and deleted everything in the \AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE directory. I then installed CUE 2.9.53. No real problems with the install and after a few seconds my K70 RGB and Scimitar RGB were found. The default VERY BRIGHT rainbow spiral was running and I started feeling nauseous. After disabling that effect, I tried to import the five profiles I had only yesterday built and saved. My main profile, also labeled "Default" loaded HOWEVER all my lighting effects were gone and were replaced by the spiral rainbow. Seeing as this would not end well, I uninstalled 2.9.53, making sure to delete the \AppData directory.

I reinstalled 2.6.79, again no issues noticed during the install. After CUE started, the spiral rainbow was running and after disabling, tried importing my "Default" profile. Again, all of my lighting effects had been deleted and replaced with the single spiral rainbow. Strangely though, the Scimitar lighting effects were what I had programmed yesterday. Thinking CUE was having a problem with the "Default" name, I loaded one of my other, originally named profiles "WoW" which was similar to my default, but with different coloring for the WASD keys. It loaded, but again, all lighting effects were replaced with the single, spiral rainbow.

So, I'm right back where I was yesterday - rebuilding all of my profiles from scratch.

Any ideas as to what could be going on here? Thank you. :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee
Everything works in 2.6.79! I think 2.9.53 would be usable for me except that the mouse lighting effects of color pulse and color shift are not there. Maybe one of them is there, I just can't remember. However, I'm happy with 2.6 for right now.

Lighting for mice is there but when you switch to advanced mode, you have to configure it yourself. Maybe Krazykid can help you with that!

Lighting for mice is there but when you switch to advanced mode, you have to configure it yourself. Maybe Krazykid can help you with that!

All lighting profiles made in 2.6 are destroyed in 2.9. Which means the creators need to make them again for the updated advanced mouse lighting that CUE 2.9 offers.

All lighting profiles made in 2.6 are destroyed in 2.9. Which means the creators need to make them again for the updated advanced mouse lighting that CUE 2.9 offers.

*scratches head* Hmm...I can sort of see justification in profiles not being compatible between major revision changes, i.e. v1.x to 2.x, but "minor" changes being incompatible with each other? I don't get it. Yeah, it's semantics as to what constitutes a "major" vs. a "minor" revision change, but it still becomes a PITA if your profiles are fairly intricate. Oh well...it is what it is.

Went back and took another look at v2.9. The K70 profiles appeared to have survived the jump. Don't think that's ever happened before. Scimitar profiles were gone as expected, but the keymapping survived.:biggrin: Not sure why, but I was able to get my Scimitar color animations in place without much trouble. Other times I swear I didn't have the options. Anyway, having to go and rebuild them lent themselves to more refinement so I'm actually pretty happy the way things all turned out.:D:

I hate change and bitch & moan about things not working perfectly the first time but I can say now that it has been a positive learning experience for me.

I came here for pretty much the same reason.

I use my PC for Architectural work and had all my software configured very well for the plethora of software that is in my daily workflow. It really helps when moving between different design software to have the same colours for similar tools in different software.

I stupidly installed this version of CUE after seeing a keyboard review on YouTube and POOF all my profiles were gone.

I tried importing them and the software doesn't even say "incompatible profile" it does nothing.

I'm pretty disappointed.

Try clearing this folder C:\Users\zhere\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE. Then reimporting the profiles on2.6.79

I came here for pretty much the same reason.

I use my PC for Architectural work and had all my software configured very well for the plethora of software that is in my daily workflow. It really helps when moving between different design software to have the same colours for similar tools in different software.

I stupidly installed this version of CUE after seeing a keyboard review on YouTube and POOF all my profiles were gone.

I tried importing them and the software doesn't even say "incompatible profile" it does nothing.

I'm pretty disappointed.

If you by chance have the CUE v2 profiles backed up somewhere, try uninstalling CUE with the 'delete user profiles' or whatever the checkbox says checked. Then check for the directory Inheritance talks about at the top of this post and delete it if it's there. Then, try reinstalling CUE v2. Once installed, see if CUE can then import your profiles. If it can't, sorry to say you're SOL (****** outta luck) and will have to rebuild them. I know it's a royal PITA, but with repetition comes proficiency! :roll: Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived