Corsair Community

Scimitar side buttons not working

Posting here on the off-chance it helps someone else. My macros/side buttons don't work on the Scimitar Pro; the HW profiles work just fine if I quit iCue.

When i quit iCue the "Corsair composite virtual input device" is visible in Human Interface Devices in device manager. When iCue is open the virtual device is hidden, if I check it it's marked as disconnected (code 45).

To make it work with iCue open and running I have to do this little dance on every boot:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\driver\hid"

Right click the two install files "CorsairVBusDriver" (ignore reboot prompt) and "CorsairVHidDriver" and select install from the context menu. The virtual driver then appears in device manager and mouse works brilliantly. Until the next reboot when I have to do it all over again.

I've opened a ticket with Corsair support to see if there's a more permanent solution.

Aside from this, it's a cracking mouse; but crikey I was about to return it for a refund having spent the best part of a day trying to get it to work. Reading through all the posts in this forum eventually lead me to find this solution to my woes.

Edited by diziet
No true, profiles switch but no macros.

• 3 weeks later...
Posting here on the off-chance it helps someone else. My macros/side buttons don't work on the Scimitar Pro; the HW profiles work just fine if I quit iCue.

When i quit iCue the "Corsair composite virtual input device" is visible in Human Interface Devices in device manager. When iCue is open the virtual device is hidden, if I check it it's marked as disconnected (code 45).

To make it work with iCue open and running I have to do this little dance on every boot:

Right click the two install files "CorsairVBusDriver" (ignore reboot prompt) and "CorsairVHidDriver" and select install from the context menu. The virtual driver then appears in device manager and mouse works brilliantly. Until the next reboot when I have to do it all over again.

I've opened a ticket with Corsair support to see if there's a more permanent solution.

Aside from this, it's a cracking mouse; but crikey I was about to return it for a refund having spent the best part of a day trying to get it to work. Reading through all the posts in this forum eventually lead me to find this solution to my woes.

Thank you for this post!

My PC crashed and my Corsair Scimitar Pro's side buttons wouldn't work after the fact, but your solution has them functioning again! :loveeyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Thank you for this post!

My PC crashed and my Corsair Scimitar Pro's side buttons wouldn't work after the fact, but your solution has them functioning again! :loveeyes:

Glad to hear it helped you! That makes the effort worthwhile. Sadly Corsair took so long to reply to my support tickets and when they did they gave me:

a) Firmware that bricked the mouse.

b) Boilerplate replies

I had to return the mouse for a refund so I never did get to discover a more permanent solution.

• 1 month later...
MY SOLUTION

When the side buttons stop working.

1. Close out of CUE

2. Start menu --> Device Manager --> Human interface Devices --> Uninstall Corsair Composite Virtual Input Device. DO NOT CHECK UNINSTALL SOFTWARE

3. Remove USB then reinsert USB

4. Start up CUE

5. Give it a couple seconds.

Thanks, this worked for me too.

Edited by Technobeard
fixed quote

• 1 month later...
MY SOLUTION

1. Close out of CUE

2. Start menu --> Device Manager --> Human interface Devices --> Uninstall Corsair Composite Virtual Input Device. DO NOT CHECK UNINSTALL SOFTWARE

4. Start up CUE

Writing a post to confirm that this is still an issue (Scimitar RGB) and that this solution worked for me as well.

• 1 month later...
MY SOLUTION

1. Close out of CUE

4. Start up CUE

This worked for me just now to restore functionality to my Nightsword RGB. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So, I have a similar issue but I have already remapped the side buttons to number keys. As of now, they have been off and on. The side buttons will work and then stop working. Is this happening to anyone else? Am I triggering something that causes it to stop or revert to the default state? Everything else is working just fine. Thanks!

I'm having the exact same issue with the mouse I just received yesterday. I remapped my side buttons to the corresponding NUM buttons. It usually works for a short period of time upon starting up my computer (30min-1.5hours) and then stops working. I set these binds to every profile, so I don't think it's a profile switching problem.

MY SOLUTION

1. Close out of CUE

4. Start up CUE

Hi Thanks again this solution worked for me. Saves me having to restart the whole computer. cant thank you enough.

Just to recap my issue is that none of the side buttons work on my Scimitar Pro Mouse, basically its not loading the profile at all.

This happens when i startup the computer on a cold boot or in this case after an update to version icue 3.28.70 and a restart of the computer. it is an intermittent issue and the mouse is only about 4 months old.

Its a shame that this has not been fixed or addressed officially yet by the developers in software patch/update or even a disclaimer. If it continues to be an issue then i feel my next peripheral device purchase wont be from corsair.

I've had the scimitar pro for over a year now and it is still as buggy/twitchy as the first day.

On board profiles corrupt regularly and sometime won't even save, buttons stop working intermittently.

Lighting will turn off.

Sometime have to reset my computer multiple times just to get it to work. 90% of the time will have to unplug and plug mouse after every computer restart.

Yes members and CORSAIR, i have tried every single fix iv'e found in every website and thread, this mouse is still the worst hardware/software i have ever bought.

The next time my mouse dies i won't settle for corsair because no other mice were available, i'd rather wait.

yes, i checked and unchecked set as default and it doesn't do anything.

I just went through the extreme hassle of registering to post to say one thing: Corsair your product is and has been broken for 5 years. Its a joke, pathetic, inexcusable, and outright fraud for you to continue to sell this junk. Shame shame shame on you and your employees.

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased my first Corsair Mouse maybe 6 months ago. The side buttons on the Scimitar worked perfectly fine for the first 1-2 months. I never installed the corsair software, never set up any profiles, did nothing to it, worked fine. Then they magically stopped working. I've now messed around with the Corsair software, followed steps in this thread, they will not work. Won't be spending money on a Corsair product again since it seems like this has been an ongoing issue for years. Will go back to Razer. If I was currently raiding in WoW I would be furious as I rely on the side keys for keybinds.

Sigh I have been lurking here for awhile now and I really wanted to love the corsair products and RGB control solution (icue) for a new VR PC build coming up at the end of the year most likely but I am seeing far too many peeps getting frustrated with things they shouldn't be on both the hardware AND software side.

I say this as someone that was looking into buying a scimitar mouse to replace my g600 but now..dunno but I think I will have to take a pass after seeing this thread.....

• 3 weeks later...

The side buttons and lighting stopped working and only way to get them back is to quit iCUE and not start it again .

I figured it out, for some reason my I only had HW Actions and no "Normal" Action

Edited by sibster
Solved

• 2 months later...
MY SOLUTION

1. Close out of CUE

4. Start up CUE

My side buttons always seem to fail after my PC restarts from a Windows update. This fix worked. It should probably be sticky posted or pinned somewhere. Thank you!

MY SOLUTION

1. Close out of CUE

4. Start up CUE

this solution works for me,thanks

In case anyone has the disappearing driver issue, this is what solved it for me.

My problem seems to be the same that some people had in where starting CUE somehow broke the Corsair composite virtual input device. It would be there on startup and after a repair, but starting the CUE software always caused it to go hidden with the error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)" in the driver. Even a clean install of CUE and resetting the mouse didn't fix the issue.

Also I have no idea what caused this to start happening. I've been using the mouse just fine for years and today it randomly had this issue.

• 2 months later...
In case anyone has the disappearing driver issue, this is what solved it for me.

My problem seems to be the same that some people had in where starting CUE somehow broke the Corsair composite virtual input device. It would be there on startup and after a repair, but starting the CUE software always caused it to go hidden with the error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)" in the driver. Even a clean install of CUE and resetting the mouse didn't fix the issue.

Also I have no idea what caused this to start happening. I've been using the mouse just fine for years and today it randomly had this issue.

I'm having this same issue and weirdly quitting out of iCUE is solving it. however, part of the value of this setup is the RGB so i'm not totally willing to just accept that i can't use that feature if i want the side buttons working. Has anyone found a complete solution for this yet?

• 2 months later...
I'm having this same issue and weirdly quitting out of iCUE is solving it. however, part of the value of this setup is the RGB so i'm not totally willing to just accept that i can't use that feature if i want the side buttons working. Has anyone found a complete solution for this yet?

Over a year or two and NOPE. How is this acceptable for one of the most expensive mouse on the market?

I'm also furious at how annoying it is to gain access to the god awful Omron switches they use which require a miserable rma or solder job after 6 months. Why didn't they use sockets or optical??? Or at least Kailh GM8 switches?

• 3 weeks later...

seemed to have the issue of side buttons working fine...... then all of a suddon not,

and for me it was silly and easy fix assume not same as eveyone but still.... and this would only be for people who have remaped keypad numbers -- make sure you check num lock is on :)

• 1 month later...

Okay this is starting to really piss me off completely uninstall icue and do a reinstall buttons and everything works until next reboot.

Once rebooted the side buttons stops working the moment icue loads if i quit icue they start to work again.

Start it back up they stop working tried different versions of icu tried doing clean installs and repairs and nothing works past reboot its seems like iCUE is cursed when it comes to the scimitar line of mice.

Okay quick edit completely uninstalling iCUE and installing a older version ( in this case 3.26.95 ) seems to have fixed it anything newer wont make it past reboot

you can find the version here http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.26.95_release.msi

Edited by Kirah

Okay this is starting to really piss me off completely uninstall icue and do a reinstall buttons and everything works until next reboot.

Once rebooted the side buttons stops working the moment icue loads if i quit icue they start to work again.

Start it back up they stop working tried different versions of icu tried doing clean installs and repairs and nothing works past reboot its seems like iCUE is cursed when it comes to the scimitar line of mice.

Okay quick edit completely uninstalling iCUE and installing a older version ( in this case 3.26.95 ) seems to have fixed it anything newer wont make it past reboot

you can find the version here http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.26.95_release.msi

well **** that only lasted for like 3 days and its now doing the same thing if iCUE is running it makes the side buttons stop working.

Turn it off they work fine what the hell how is this still a problem whatever icue dose just kills the part of the driver that uses the macro keys.