The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM
YetanotherSteve's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937803
YetanotherSteve Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.
On my K70 in Windows 7 Pro, I would have the onscreen display of volume level (let's say it was manually set at 68% using the taskbar icon) when I rolled the dial or hit the mute, but nothing was actually affected on the PC.

Starting the service fixed my problem as soon as I started the service. I think I may have disabled it trying to diagnose the volume control on an old Microsoft keyboard.

Thanks! This post should be stickied.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:51 PM
HvyMtlChaos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939032
HvyMtlChaos Reputation: 10

I have a Corsair K70 RGB LUX keyboard (and love it btw, first mechanical KB, can't go back!). I encountered the same struggle with the media keys today and foobar2000.

I used this Corsair staff suggestion:
Quote:
If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:
Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.
Then this one about the Google Play Music extension in Chrome:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freek View Post
Do any of you guys have chrome ? and use the chrome google play music extension if so disable it and the keys should work fine.
before finding this one that improves on it as it doesn't disable the extension but tweaks how it works:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chnowl View Post
Hey, I know how to get your guys' media keys working! (k70 here)

1. In chrome go to settings
2. extensions
3. scroll to the bottom to where it says "keyboard shortcuts"
4. change the the google play music settings to "in chrome" instead of global
5. I also had to restart my pc, as simply restarting chrome didn't work, but then your keys should work!
But after those it still wasn't working! I had to go into my Corsair Utility Engine software under the custom lighting profile I had and create each media key mapping to the correct physical keys under the Actions section. After doing that the first time, Next and Previous worked, but Play/Pause actually had the Stop functionality and the Stop key did nothing. I had to remove and re-recreate those to actions and now it all works.

Make sure you export the profile from the main profile selection screen somewhere in case you ever have to restore it!

Old 05-24-2018, 08:02 PM
Noposition's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956052
Noposition Reputation: 10

Quote:

You sir, are the real MVP. I created an account on the forum just to thank you for the solution, it really worked. Weird Windows behavior...Thanks again, virtual beer coming your way!

Old 08-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Doublem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968424
Doublem Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freek View Post
Do any of you guys have chrome ? and use the chrome google play music extension if so disable it and the keys should work fine.
You save my life!
Now media keys of my K70 RGB WORKS!

Old 12-24-2018, 08:43 PM

POST ID # = 986842
plopkoek Reputation: 10
Default Solution K95 keyboard media keys

1. Install the Streamkeys extension on chrome.
2. Go to msconfig. windowskey+r and type msconfig
3. Go to services
4. Uncheck: window media player network
5. Restart your computer

This works for chrome and spotify. I haven't tested other types of mediaplayers, however they probably will.

Last edited by plopkoek; 12-24-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:41 PM
m28k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018419
m28k Reputation: 10

Guys and gals, I have figured out the SOLUTION (for me). The fact that neither Windows nor iCue can at least tell us what's going on is very frustrating.

It's pretty much due to the media keys being competed for amongst multiple applications; the winner of this competition is usually - Google (be evil).

Head on over to Chrome - Extensions - and REMOVE that Google Play Music Extension!

Then open up your favorite music app play some music and hit that PAUSE button. Enjoy the peace and quiet.
Test PLAY, PREV, and NEXT.

note: If your browser is open - YouTube looking at you - it might compete the first time you press it but if you set focus on your media player and then press it, it will learn who's REALLY the boss and start working for that app in the background.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:26 PM
YetanotherSteve's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018486
YetanotherSteve Reputation: 10

I just checked my Chrome extensions and found nothing for Google Play Music or YouTube in there. I did find a post on TenForums that explains how to set Chrome to enable or disable it's media hardware key handling settings.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...-handling.html

Simple fix if it IS Chrome that's hijacking your media keys.