The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 12:49 AM
BeatByte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020398
BeatByte Reputation: 10
Exclamation Corsair Virtuoso RGB audio focus issue?

Hi there, I'm having a small issue with my headset that is a little hard to describe, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it or if it's just me.

So basically, any game I'm playing, if I don't press anything, the audio is nice, clear, and loud. As soon as I touch something, like a different selection on a selection screen, the audio kind of... lowers for a bit? It's kind of like how windows lowers the volume of other programs while there's voice communication going on. Except I tried turning that off and I still have this issue. Everytime I press something, the audio suddenly gets lower, I wait about 2-3 seconds without pressing anything and then it suddenly gets louder again and back to normal. This only happens in USB mode, wired or wireless. I've tried reinstalling drivers but there's no change in anything. Please help?

Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 AM

POST ID # = 1020434
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatByte View Post
Hi there, I'm having a small issue with my headset that is a little hard to describe, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it or if it's just me.

So basically, any game I'm playing, if I don't press anything, the audio is nice, clear, and loud. As soon as I touch something, like a different selection on a selection screen, the audio kind of... lowers for a bit? It's kind of like how windows lowers the volume of other programs while there's voice communication going on. Except I tried turning that off and I still have this issue. Everytime I press something, the audio suddenly gets lower, I wait about 2-3 seconds without pressing anything and then it suddenly gets louder again and back to normal. This only happens in USB mode, wired or wireless. I've tried reinstalling drivers but there's no change in anything. Please help?
I thought it was just me but the issue also occurs for me. The volume is lowered when opening Fullscreen games for example...

Old 10-06-2019, 12:24 PM

POST ID # = 1020442
Pottsepp Reputation: 10

Are you both talking about apex because I noticed it was quiet for me and thought it was something on my end.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 AM
BeatByte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsepp View Post
Are you both talking about apex because I noticed it was quiet for me and thought it was something on my end.
No, I don't play Apex. I noticed the issue in both Overwatch and Final Fantasy XV. This is some USB Driver issue, as the problem doesn't happen over aux.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:34 AM

POST ID # = 1020521
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Occurs indeed in Apex and Overwatch :-).
I added this info to the feedback thread.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:46 PM

POST ID # = 1020616
rik182 Reputation: 10

OMG thank god I'm not the only one with this issue. This has been driving me nuts.

I would be in the middle of an Overwatch competitive match and my sound will lower randomly! I'm sure some people will be like "just turn up the volume when that happens".. yes you can, but not only am I pretty sure the quality of the sound is lowered when this happens, if you turn up your speakers to accomodate the lower volume, you just get your ears blasted off a second later.

I'm pretty dissapointed with this headset so far.. This issue and the fact the default EQ sounds terrible :(

Really hope they find a fix for this asap

Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM

POST ID # = 1020619

What worries me is post's like this

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho...07868&p=907868

Similar issue to this - usb dongle. Back in 2017...

Old 10-08-2019, 02:29 AM
BeatByte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020642

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik182 View Post
OMG thank god I'm not the only one with this issue. This has been driving me nuts.

I would be in the middle of an Overwatch competitive match and my sound will lower randomly! I'm sure some people will be like "just turn up the volume when that happens".. yes you can, but not only am I pretty sure the quality of the sound is lowered when this happens, if you turn up your speakers to accomodate the lower volume, you just get your ears blasted off a second later.

I'm pretty dissapointed with this headset so far.. This issue and the fact the default EQ sounds terrible :(

Really hope they find a fix for this asap
Did you test this out in the menus? While it's loud, highlight a different option while you're in the option menu and if it's the same problem as me, the volume should drop by a minor amount for about 2-3 seconds, if you stop pressing and moving anything. As soon as you highlight something else, it repeats.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the void pro had, as this happens in both Wireless and USB wired mode. This really sucks though, as while it doesn't happen in aux mode, there's no RGB or 24bit/96khz audio through aux.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:39 AM

POST ID # = 1021050
Nozarashi Reputation: 10

Hello,

In my case a problem appears with playerunknown battleground, the volume increases a few seconds after the jump from the plane. Then once on ground the volume drops, as soon as I do not move the sound increases and as soon as I run it decreases.

I think that the headset try to amplify the sounds close to me while I would like to hear those who are far off, I check in windows but no option of this type is activated

Old 10-13-2019, 09:44 AM

POST ID # = 1021149

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatByte View Post
Did you test this out in the menus? While it's loud, highlight a different option while you're in the option menu and if it's the same problem as me, the volume should drop by a minor amount for about 2-3 seconds, if you stop pressing and moving anything. As soon as you highlight something else, it repeats.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the void pro had, as this happens in both Wireless and USB wired mode. This really sucks though, as while it doesn't happen in aux mode, there's no RGB or 24bit/96khz audio through aux.
Yes tested out of the menu's. Unfortunately I can't seem to pin point exactly when it happens. It seems my sound goes much quieter in the main menu whent he game starts up.

So start up the game (sound normal level) - Game loads with main menu (sound goes around 50% quieter). From then, the sound seems to fluctual randomly during a game, with the majority being quiet sound. Sometimes the sound crackles and I have to restart the game.

A few people mentioned the same with Apex but I've not had that issue. Only seems to occur in Overwatch. I've been playing Destiny 2 recently and the sound is absolutely fine during the game!

Tags
audio, focus, issue, lower, virtuoso