The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:49 AM
BeatByte BeatByte is offline
Registered User
BeatByte's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 1020398
BeatByte Reputation: 10
Exclamation Corsair Virtuoso RGB audio focus issue?

Hi there, I'm having a small issue with my headset that is a little hard to describe, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it or if it's just me.

So basically, any game I'm playing, if I don't press anything, the audio is nice, clear, and loud. As soon as I touch something, like a different selection on a selection screen, the audio kind of... lowers for a bit? It's kind of like how windows lowers the volume of other programs while there's voice communication going on. Except I tried turning that off and I still have this issue. Everytime I press something, the audio suddenly gets lower, I wait about 2-3 seconds without pressing anything and then it suddenly gets louder again and back to normal. This only happens in USB mode, wired or wireless. I've tried reinstalling drivers but there's no change in anything. Please help?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 AM
jpdsc jpdsc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 29
POST ID # = 1020434
jpdsc Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatByte View Post
Hi there, I'm having a small issue with my headset that is a little hard to describe, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it or if it's just me.

So basically, any game I'm playing, if I don't press anything, the audio is nice, clear, and loud. As soon as I touch something, like a different selection on a selection screen, the audio kind of... lowers for a bit? It's kind of like how windows lowers the volume of other programs while there's voice communication going on. Except I tried turning that off and I still have this issue. Everytime I press something, the audio suddenly gets lower, I wait about 2-3 seconds without pressing anything and then it suddenly gets louder again and back to normal. This only happens in USB mode, wired or wireless. I've tried reinstalling drivers but there's no change in anything. Please help?
I thought it was just me but the issue also occurs for me. The volume is lowered when opening Fullscreen games for example...
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Pottsepp Pottsepp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 1020442
Pottsepp Reputation: 10
Default

Are you both talking about apex because I noticed it was quiet for me and thought it was something on my end.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 AM
BeatByte BeatByte is offline
Registered User
BeatByte's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 1020487
BeatByte Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsepp View Post
Are you both talking about apex because I noticed it was quiet for me and thought it was something on my end.
No, I don't play Apex. I noticed the issue in both Overwatch and Final Fantasy XV. This is some USB Driver issue, as the problem doesn't happen over aux.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 10-07-2019, 06:34 AM
jpdsc jpdsc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 29
POST ID # = 1020521
jpdsc Reputation: 10
Default

Occurs indeed in Apex and Overwatch :-).
I added this info to the feedback thread.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 10-07-2019, 06:46 PM
rik182 rik182 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 1020616
rik182 Reputation: 10
Default

OMG thank god I'm not the only one with this issue. This has been driving me nuts.

I would be in the middle of an Overwatch competitive match and my sound will lower randomly! I'm sure some people will be like "just turn up the volume when that happens".. yes you can, but not only am I pretty sure the quality of the sound is lowered when this happens, if you turn up your speakers to accomodate the lower volume, you just get your ears blasted off a second later.

I'm pretty dissapointed with this headset so far.. This issue and the fact the default EQ sounds terrible :(

Really hope they find a fix for this asap
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM
rik182 rik182 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 1020619
rik182 Reputation: 10
Default

What worries me is post's like this

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho...07868&p=907868

Similar issue to this - usb dongle. Back in 2017...
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 10-08-2019, 02:29 AM
BeatByte BeatByte is offline
Registered User
BeatByte's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 1020642
BeatByte Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik182 View Post
OMG thank god I'm not the only one with this issue. This has been driving me nuts.

I would be in the middle of an Overwatch competitive match and my sound will lower randomly! I'm sure some people will be like "just turn up the volume when that happens".. yes you can, but not only am I pretty sure the quality of the sound is lowered when this happens, if you turn up your speakers to accomodate the lower volume, you just get your ears blasted off a second later.

I'm pretty dissapointed with this headset so far.. This issue and the fact the default EQ sounds terrible :(

Really hope they find a fix for this asap
Did you test this out in the menus? While it's loud, highlight a different option while you're in the option menu and if it's the same problem as me, the volume should drop by a minor amount for about 2-3 seconds, if you stop pressing and moving anything. As soon as you highlight something else, it repeats.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the void pro had, as this happens in both Wireless and USB wired mode. This really sucks though, as while it doesn't happen in aux mode, there's no RGB or 24bit/96khz audio through aux.
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 10-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Nozarashi Nozarashi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1021050
Nozarashi Reputation: 10
Default

Hello,

In my case a problem appears with playerunknown battleground, the volume increases a few seconds after the jump from the plane. Then once on ground the volume drops, as soon as I do not move the sound increases and as soon as I run it decreases.

I think that the headset try to amplify the sounds close to me while I would like to hear those who are far off, I check in windows but no option of this type is activated
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 10-13-2019, 09:44 AM
rik182 rik182 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 1021149
rik182 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatByte View Post
Did you test this out in the menus? While it's loud, highlight a different option while you're in the option menu and if it's the same problem as me, the volume should drop by a minor amount for about 2-3 seconds, if you stop pressing and moving anything. As soon as you highlight something else, it repeats.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the void pro had, as this happens in both Wireless and USB wired mode. This really sucks though, as while it doesn't happen in aux mode, there's no RGB or 24bit/96khz audio through aux.
Yes tested out of the menu's. Unfortunately I can't seem to pin point exactly when it happens. It seems my sound goes much quieter in the main menu whent he game starts up.

So start up the game (sound normal level) - Game loads with main menu (sound goes around 50% quieter). From then, the sound seems to fluctual randomly during a game, with the majority being quiet sound. Sometimes the sound crackles and I have to restart the game.

A few people mentioned the same with Apex but I've not had that issue. Only seems to occur in Overwatch. I've been playing Destiny 2 recently and the sound is absolutely fine during the game!
Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
audio, focus, issue, lower, virtuoso

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.