The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 02:47 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 815426
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akozz View Post
Hello

I bought M65 RGB a few days ago and i have the same issue, lights go off randomly.

During playing game, alt tabing game, browsing web or when mice is just resting while i am afk. I can turn thme back on by unpluging and repluging USB or changing pulling rate.

I have tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0, took care of my USB power saving options and has latest Corsair soft update and frimware on my mice.

I have no idea what cause the problem. I am using windows 8.1 64bit.

Should i return it ? I am from Poland.
Go in to your USB settings and check if there is anything that is cutting power to the Mice. Also check for chipset and BIOS/UEIF updates.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 10-22-2015, 06:52 AM

POST ID # = 815714
DecapitatingJim Reputation: 10

I bought the M65 RGB yesterday and got it today. Exact same problem. Everything works fine, except the LEDS.

Weird thing is, if I plug it into my laptop and run off the default windows firmware without touching anything Corsair related, they run absolutely fine. The mouse also works fine during Bios. It's the moment I load into my OS things go wrong.

Running on Windows 7 64 bit. Firmware was installed via the CUE. It also works okay for about a minute if I unplug it and replug it. I've tried USB 2.0 and 3.0. Bios and drivers are all up to date and I disabled that USB power thing mentioned earlier.

Edit: Okay I might have found a work around. It's been lit for the past ~7 minutes. Will update if it turns off, but what I did was go in to CUE and customize it to how I wanted, lights, DPI and all. Saved the settings to the mouse with my own profile, not the default one. Then removed CUE and deleted the Corsair folder in Program files. Restarted and hey presto, it's lit up, with all my custom light + DPI settings. The light changes colour based on my DPI too. I can lift it off the mouse pad and everything and it seems to be good. I'll update this though if it goes off, but so far it's the longest it's been on.

Edit: And it just went off. Got about 15 mins on that though. I might re-test it on my laptop, see if I can get it to run overnight with the lights on.

Last edited by DecapitatingJim; 10-22-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:13 PM
shuhan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818451
shuhan Reputation: 10

EDIT: i plugged my mouse into a USB3 port and it is working so far.

I'm sorry if i repeat previous questions but im have problems with my m65 as well.

When i turn on my pc the mouse lights up as normal along with my k70 rgb.
the lighting turns off on the mouse randomly at some point (cant figure out what causes it or when since my hand is usually covering it.)
lighting on my keyboard is always fine. - its running a profile i downloaded off "RGB Share"

went to lighting tab on mouse and selected rainbow lighting effect for all zones and

clicked "save profile to device memory"

its under the same profile as my keyboard

CUE is always running on my pc

All i want is for my mouse to run the simple rainbow lighting while my keyboard runs the custom one.

i think i might be making a really stupid mistake somewhere. can someone please point it out to me? :(

Last edited by shuhan; 11-06-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Max_77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818608
Max_77 Reputation: 10

Hello everyone this is my first post on the corsair forums, I specifically joined the forums to tell you about my experience and how i think I fixed the LED problem....
I built a new system very recently and bought a K70 RGB keyboard and M65 RGB mouse, to my surprise the mouse LED's wouldn't stay lit for longer than a couple of hours even with the latest firmware and latest CUE software, so i started looking online for a solution here on the corsair forums and other places too but nothing helped.
to be honest I was very disappointed especially considering how much I paid for my mouse and keyboard and was even considering an RMA even though it looks like a software problem rather than a hardware fault. anyways i did not and started experimenting until in windows 10 I went to control panel -> power options -> choose what the power buttons do -> change settings that are currently unavailable and disable the fast startup.

this has done the trick for me and it has been 10 days of prolonged computer use without a single led switching off. Let me know if it works for you too, cheers!

Old 12-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Thierry Driesse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827087
Thierry Driesse Reputation: 10
Default Any solution yet?

I have the same problem on my Windows 10 64Bit system, I have tried everything, even changing to another usb port but to no avail.
I am running the latest software and firmware, why is it still doing this?

Old 12-24-2015, 01:56 PM

POST ID # = 827199

Mine is still very on off. I will stay on for days and then randomly stop working for another day or so. There's very little consistency to it, it's been on for the last 3 days and now it's just gone off and wont stay on. Very annoying but I honestly have no idea what to do about it at this point. I've taken to just ignoring it or unplugging -> replugging it to see if they'll stay lit.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:01 PM

POST ID # = 827207
Mr Scott Reputation: 10

I just got the mouse yesterday and I too had the lighting problem with my Windows 10 - 64 bit system. What has worked for me so far (Its only been a day) is changing the Polling rate from the default 1000Hz to 500Hz. The setting can be found in the CUE software under: Settings - Device. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:28 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827214
Kopo942 Reputation: 10

I've got the same problem too. As weird as it sounds, I am able to reproduce this by lifting the mouse off the table. Unplugging and replugging the mouse resolves the issue.
Is there any chance this problem is related to the "lift height" option in the CUE "Performance" tab?

EDIT: This is not a CUE software problem, tested the mouse on a laptop WITHOUT CUE and the same problem still occurs. Lights go away when the mouse is lifted off the table.

Last edited by Kopo942; 12-24-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:04 PM

POST ID # = 827363
n00bypl4y3r Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopo942 View Post
I've got the same problem too. As weird as it sounds, I am able to reproduce this by lifting the mouse off the table. Unplugging and replugging the mouse resolves the issue.
Is there any chance this problem is related to the "lift height" option in the CUE "Performance" tab?

EDIT: This is not a CUE software problem, tested the mouse on a laptop WITHOUT CUE and the same problem still occurs. Lights go away when the mouse is lifted off the table.
I also just got this mouse, and lifting it turns off the lights. I've tried all the lift height options, nothing changes for me. No matter what, the lights still go out and only come back on if I restart the mouse.

Some clarification from Corsair about what is going on what be nice. I've found discussions on other sites, as well as this one, from 2014 about this exact same issue regarding the mouse, and it would really be a shame if they have been selling it for this long and they still can't figure out the issue.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:26 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827376
terabyte Reputation: 73

It sounds like a bug, lets see what they say. Thought it's holidays time right now so I don't think you'll get a reply for the next few days.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:59 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827383

It seems like a firmware bug, since it does it on a different PC without CUE.. Forcing a fw update from CUE didn't help either.

Last edited by Kopo942; 12-25-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 AM

POST ID # = 827550
StealthDefender Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas-DK View Post
I've also tested with all my USB ports now... USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.. It's the same. After some time it just turns out the lights!!! It's driving me crazy!
I think this is the 100 post i made about it!
I have also issues. After every restart the light won´t lit!
Only unplug or reforce a firmware update takes effect!
Also i have error in log!
Mouse light up in bios and turns off in windows! All other functions work correctly!
It´s a shame so many people have an issue and nobody cares and only come the same solutions like.....
try another usb, change profile, reinstall software......
In fact i think the software is a peace of crap, thats it!
I am tired to write posts and spent my time to find a solution,
i think i send back the hardware and get another one from logitech or something......they work out of the box.
Greetz Stealth

Old 12-26-2015, 01:22 PM
IT Nerd
Kopo942's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827584

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthDefender View Post
I think this is the 100 post i made about it!
-snip-
Greetz Stealth
Have you saved your lighting profile to the mouse via CUE?

Old 12-26-2015, 06:00 PM

POST ID # = 827617

I too would love an answer from Corsair regarding this. Mine has gone out again after being lit consistently since my last post. With or without CUE running. I have the profile saved to the onboard memory and I run off of that most of the time.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:07 AM

POST ID # = 827695
n00bypl4y3r Reputation: 10

This mouse is really starting to get on my nerves. Still no answer from Corsair, and suddenly I can't shut my computer down anymore, it just instantly restarts. Everything I can find about this on the Microsoft websites points towards the mouse having something to do with this. I wish I could open the CUE to see if something was changed on there, but it has completely broken and won't launch anymore.

It's 5:05 in the morning, I've been trying to figure this out for two hours now. I'm very disappointed with this mouse, to say the least. Hopefully what I'm reading is wrong and the mouse isn't causing my computer to constantly relaunch, and hopefully Corsair explains why part of the product doesn't work.

Tags
led failure, m65