The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 07:02 PM

POST ID # = 789844
vesley Reputation: 10

So i just got the Corsair M65 RGB. I have the same problem with it not turning on and sometimes turning off randomly (mouse always works though, lights just shut off)

But i also have the problem that when the Corsair Utility engine is turned on then i can´t get the red LED´s to work, if i choose red i just get white/pink color and anything with red in it is just white. and changing the power options didn´t work for me..

Old 07-19-2015, 10:26 PM
negativedan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790246
negativedan Reputation: 10

I'm having this problem too, disabling the USB power save settings didn't seem to work :/

Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 AM
EmptyGODFATHER's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790317
EmptyGODFATHER Reputation: 10

For everyone having the wide spread issue with the m65 mouse you might want to complain to support, this issue is unacceptable! I JUST purchased the m65 rgb yesterday and instantly had the lighting issue, I opened a ticket and received this response.

"Hello,

Our engineers are aware of this issue and improved it already. We recommend exchange the mouse with the retailer or through us directly. Please attach a photo/screenshot/PDF of the receipt/invoice to the ticket so that we can validate the warranty. The attachment area is at the bottom of this screen. Afterwards respond back with a ticket comment so that we know it's been attached, thanks.

If you are still within the exchange policy from the reseller, please exchange the unit through them. This is the fastest course of action. We will also be more than happy to take care of you here as well."

The main issue with this response is the statement that they "have improved it already". My mouse is a few hours old meaning the issue hasn't really been improved at all considering the stock of m65 was received a few weeks ago. I refuse to drive the hour and a half to exchange the mouse and requested a new mouse be sent to me in hopes that a different batch will fix the issue.

I will keep everyone updated since it is apparent Corsair doesn't.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:55 PM
EmptyGODFATHER's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790695
EmptyGODFATHER Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe86x View Post
I've been struggling with trying to find a combination of USB power savings, firmware updates, and Windows updates to get this to work to no avail. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, and in order to get the mouse to light up, then I have to unplug it before plugging it back in. It will stay lit for some time before going after. Sometimes it's not idle, and others it's after I come back for some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you do me a favor? When your lights turn off can you go into CUE and select "Settings" then "Device" and change your polling rate to something else? Once you change that do the lights resume? I am slowly discovering an association between the device polling and device failure but need to see if changing the polling rate resumes functionality for everyone having this issue.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:53 AM

POST ID # = 790973
naturalSELEXI0N Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGODFATHER View Post
Can you do me a favor? When your lights turn off can you go into CUE and select "Settings" then "Device" and change your polling rate to something else? Once you change that do the lights resume? I am slowly discovering an association between the device polling and device failure but need to see if changing the polling rate resumes functionality for everyone having this issue.
I'm not the same guy, but I am having the same problem. I tried what you said and changed the polling settings. This turned the lights back on, but after 15 to 20 minutes the lights will turn off if the mouse is lifted. I've tested this on all four of the available polling rates and all will turn the lights back on, but only for 15 - 20 minutes.

Edit: I would like to now point out that my mouse's lights have remained on even when picked up after uninstalling the CUE and reinstalling the CUE a few times. I have no idea why this worked. If anyone is still having trouble try to uninstall and reinstall the CUE a few times. Hopefully it will stop.

Last edited by naturalSELEXI0N; 07-23-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Information Update

Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 790997
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi all,

In every case I've gotten a mouse back from a reported issue, I've never been able to duplicate it on any of our systems here (~20 mice have been collected from the field to my knowledge). While I am acknowledging some of you have legitimate issues, it could very be system specific or some combination of perfect conditions that is causing this problem. As a result, I'm more than happy to change out your mice to any other model we offer if you have this problem and will provide a shipping label so you can return it to us at no expense. Simply fill out a ticket at https://corsair.secure.force.com and give me your RMA number in a PM. I'll take care of the rest.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 08-29-2015, 02:15 PM
NeoInfinite's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803615
NeoInfinite Reputation: 10

Hi,
A week ago I bought a M65 RGB mouse and I have the same problem with the lights, they suddenly turn off, I have to disconnect it and connect it again to make it work, I have done every solution proposed and no... is always the same.
Is there any solution yet?, a firmware upgrade or something?, It's really a good mouse, but the lights don't work. Do I have to send it back?
Sorry for my bad english.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:38 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803658
terabyte Reputation: 73

Which CUE and Firmware version are you using?

Old 08-29-2015, 08:42 PM
NeoInfinite's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803738

CUE 1.9.62
Mouse firmware 1.19

Old 08-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Dekonic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803793
Dekonic Reputation: 10

I am having the same problem. I've done all of the above and to no avail, the LED's just don't stay lit. I've also found that as soon as I lift my mouse of my mousepad, the LED's immediately. Got a ticket with Corsair now and I hope it can get fixed. Love my M65 to death.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:26 PM
NeoInfinite's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803889

Hi Dekonic, same issue here, leds turn off at random and when I lift the mouse. I hope corsair guys are reading this and find a solution. I just don't want to send back my mouse because at this moment I dont have another mouse, and I don't want to wait for too long for the replacement

Old 08-30-2015, 07:00 PM

POST ID # = 803931
SnakeDoctur Reputation: 10

Just bought this mouse today

Everytime I boot up my PC the mouse works fine in the BIOS/UEFI and during boot, but as soon as the Windows 10 password screen shows up the mouse goes dark.

DOES NOT turn back on even IN Windows with the Corsair Utility Engine running.

Mouse requires being unplugged and reconnected to reactivate

What a damn shame. Based on this thread, and the fact the problem hasn't been fixed in the 8+ months Corsair has had, looks like I'll be returning it tomorrow evening.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Icywater's PC Specs

POST ID # = 804189
Icywater Reputation: 10

I have to register to say I bought this mouse a week ago. The led randomly turn off.
Should have bought another brand.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:21 PM

POST ID # = 804409
CDav Reputation: 10

Hey everybody,
Like everyone else that came across this thread via google search, my recently purchased M65 lights were not staying on.

For me personally, the issue only occurs while the Corsair Utility Engine is running. If I exited out, my mouse went back to the default settings including lighting. Every time I ran the CUE, the lights would stop.

Stickied on this forum is a Quick Fix Guide. In it there is a suggestion to change the mouse polling rate to fix it. While changing the polling rate didn't do anything by itself, it revealed the "Disable device lighting" check box as checked (it previously displayed as unchecked). Unchecking this box caused my pretty lights to come back.

Afterward, I went into the USB power options and disabled USB selective suspend as previously suggested in the thread. Hoping that prevents the issue from here on out.

Hope this helps someone!

Old 10-19-2015, 05:07 PM

POST ID # = 815257
Akozz Reputation: 10

Hello

I bought M65 RGB a few days ago and i have the same issue, lights go off randomly.

During playing game, alt tabing game, browsing web or when mice is just resting while i am afk. I can turn thme back on by unpluging and repluging USB or changing pulling rate.

I have tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0, took care of my USB power saving options and has latest Corsair soft update and frimware on my mice.

I have no idea what cause the problem. I am using windows 8.1 64bit.

Should i return it ? I am from Poland.

Tags
led failure, m65