The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021925
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

A lot of tweaking is the minimal requirement. This is often the case with any mixed set, different version numbers or not. I am not sure the platform is doing you any favors either. Lots of difficulties getting above 3000 and a mixed kit compounds that. If you’re not up for a lot of tweaking with no guaranteed chance of success, I would send it back.

As for obtaining a specific version number, that is hard. With Amazon you could probably keep ordering/returning absorbing the shipping cost, but it is also possible your original version is no longer out there. That supply may have been exhausted and they moved on to another. Some PC specialty stores will work with you if you explain the issue and might check version numbers for you, once they understand your not just a memory speculator chasing some elusive B-die you “read about on Reddit”. Again, if the original version is no longer being manufactured, it’s going to be hard.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:53 PM
huffie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021997
huffie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
A lot of tweaking is the minimal requirement. This is often the case with any mixed set, different version numbers or not. I am not sure the platform is doing you any favors either. Lots of difficulties getting above 3000 and a mixed kit compounds that. If you’re not up for a lot of tweaking with no guaranteed chance of success, I would send it back.

As for obtaining a specific version number, that is hard. With Amazon you could probably keep ordering/returning absorbing the shipping cost, but it is also possible your original version is no longer out there. That supply may have been exhausted and they moved on to another. Some PC specialty stores will work with you if you explain the issue and might check version numbers for you, once they understand your not just a memory speculator chasing some elusive B-die you “read about on Reddit”. Again, if the original version is no longer being manufactured, it’s going to be hard.
Thanks c-attack for your advise and explanation. Guess I'll try and see if Amazon will accept the request for refund.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:08 PM
MermaidTime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022957
MermaidTime Reputation: 10

Corsair doesn't print the version # on the box (at least on mine), so it seems it would be difficult for a seller to know which version they're selling

Old 11-05-2019, 10:20 PM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023180
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidTime View Post
Corsair doesn't print the version # on the box (at least on mine), so it seems it would be difficult for a seller to know which version they're selling
I'm not sure if it applies to all boxed kits but when I got my LPX and RGB kits there was a window on the back of the box where you could see the printed model and version.

This is great for when you can manually inspect the boxes for what you may be looking for. (Thanks Corsair!)

Old 12-11-2019, 08:16 PM
FORSAK3N's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027170
FORSAK3N Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffie View Post
Hi all, sorry for bringing up this old thread, however, I'm facing some issues on my MSI B450 Gaming Plus with Ryzen 2600X. Previously, when I upgraded my PC I got the corsair ver 5.32 (2 x 8GB) which I was fortunate to set it to 3200mhz. With the recent, reduction of RAM prices, I got another 2 pcs and it came as ver 4.32.
I was then faced with issues not being able to boot up to 3200mhz. The furthest I've got was to set it as 3063Mhz (windows 10 without BSOD).
Any advise how to go about achieving to 3200mhz without any further tweaking? If I were to return the ver 4.32 to Amazon, is there a way to order v5.32 so that it'll work?

Thanks!
Hi, this is the common mistake everyone does. Even I made the same mistake. There is a reason why RAM sticks are sold in packs of 2s or 4s etc.. It is not generally suggested that you just add new ram sticks to the existing one even if you get the Speed, timings, voltage, and version numbers are exactly the same. People did get very very lucky (rarely) and mixed kits might have worked for them. As I said, this is not suggested for just regular install and forget situations and definitely a NO for overclocking (if you do not know what even setting in the RAM section of BIOS does and you can tweak it to the degree). Each stick in a RAM kit has been tested and modified(if needed but rare) to match and become a kit that is absolutely compatible bundle of RAM sticks. So, I would suggest you flip your existing RAM and get a kit that is 2X16 (duel channel) as your CPU only supports dual channel. I said 2X16 if you want better overclocking if not you can go for 4X8 kit which still works in dual channel but overclocking would be a bit hard.

Hope this helps. By the way, I would suggest you understand the frequency and timings relation for RAM and how it affects the performance before you rush to buy a kit with high frequency.

Last edited by FORSAK3N; 12-11-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:34 AM
intender's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027433
intender Reputation: 10

I can confirm that the ram I recently purchased which is vengeance rgb pro 3000 with a sticker on the box labeled CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 do infact have hynix CJR chips. I bought 2 kits of 2x8 from a local best buy. There were multiple revisions mixed in together but luckily I was able to find a second set that matched. Using thaiphoon I conforimed it there and see the numbers. I had also received a set of the same ram from elsewhere that was 4.31and had hynix b die.

I have been able to get these sticks running stable 4x8 in my x570 aorus master at 3400mt/s. sadly until I get the money to throw a ryzen 3000 cpu into the system I am stuck with my 2700x which doesn't have stability above 3400.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotation 2019-12-14 012915.jpg (104.5 KB, 4 views)