The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2019, 11:03 AM

POST ID # = 1008914
Heebus Reputation: 10

hiya all, new to forums here but not to Corsair... I recently bought the 1000D and am getting ready to build my new rig, as my old one is getting outdated n tired. I love this case, there are some things I'd change, but small. Unless Im missing something, I cant remove the Hdd holder and have no intention on using it, it looks like its rivetted in. Also, in the top of the front of the case, where all the wires come out for the power n usb there is a shorter wire thats 3 pin, my first thoughts was fan or speaker but I dont kno what its for, can anyone tell me? I didnt recieve a manual or booklet in my box, not sure if there was one, just a poster n it doesnt tell me what the wires for... thanx in advanced

just a thought after I poseted, rgb for the usb and control buttons on the top front?

Last edited by Heebus; 06-22-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: just a thought, bottom line...

Old 06-22-2019, 11:50 AM

POST ID # = 1008919
eisenb11 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebus View Post
hiya all, new to forums here but not to Corsair... I recently bought the 1000D and am getting ready to build my new rig, as my old one is getting outdated n tired. I love this case, there are some things I'd change, but small. Unless Im missing something, I cant remove the Hdd holder and have no intention on using it, it looks like its rivetted in. Also, in the top of the front of the case, where all the wires come out for the power n usb there is a shorter wire thats 3 pin, my first thoughts was fan or speaker but I dont kno what its for, can anyone tell me? I didnt recieve a manual or booklet in my box, not sure if there was one, just a poster n it doesnt tell me what the wires for... thanx in advanced

just a thought after I poseted, rgb for the usb and control buttons on the top front?
I think you have to drill out the rivets to remove the drive cage. I just left mine empty in case I need it in the future. Guess it can also be used to stuff wires into for cable management ha ha.

The short 3 pin I believe is to connect a led strip to, if you desire to do so. I tucked mine away.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:20 PM

POST ID # = 1008924
Heebus Reputation: 10

thanx for reply, I thought rgb, but glad u confirmed it

Old 06-22-2019, 06:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008945
Zotty Reputation: 52

hi guys... Re the Pass through cable you are talking about.......

it is LED Channel 1 on the 1000d Commander Pro. 4 strips or RGB Fan LED Hub can be connected... iCUE will allow you to put 6 strips on that channel but i found that because it already has the 22 LEDS from the Front IO in line that you would suffer voltage drop on the last 2 strips (of 6).. so no more than 4....

the below diagram shows this connection....

Old 07-12-2019, 08:45 AM

POST ID # = 1010924
JebaczKoz Reputation: 10

Has anyone already tried to mount inside Aquaero 6 pro/xt?

I change the chest with Phanteks Enthoo Primo and have no idea how to fix it inside Aquaero 6 PRO.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:23 PM

POST ID # = 1015045
Akira72 Reputation: 10

Old 09-11-2019, 09:42 PM
HydroX Success Story
Zone55555's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017869
Zone55555 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I didnt drill.. yet.. i just ran the cable out of the gap at the back of the rear glass door.

but its not finished yet, i have yet to receive the LED Strip Mounting Profile i am going to put the strips in...

More to come ;)

Hitting the way-back machine for this reply, but I managed to find a source for diffusers for people in Canada/USA:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...02&cat=1,43349

Looks like the 'opal' diffusers are ideal, and I am thinking I'll pick up the 45 degree channels tomorrow and give them a whirl for my underglow. I may additionally consider the more square diffusers similar to what Zotty showed for an interior "window-frame" style surround light approach later for saturating the case interior with light for certain effects.

Tags
1000d, case, concept slate, obsidian, super tower