Corsair Community

Help with Cases

Boomopret

I am currently saving and researching a PC build. I have not built in a very long time. I am looking at both the 1000D and 680X. I really like the 1000d but don’t plan to do a custom water cooling build. I am currently looking at AIO cooling for both the video and CPU (but I am also intrigued by the new air cpu cooler, if I go air cooling is a bigger case the best so I can run more fans at a lower speed to push more air but still keep it quiet ?). I know that both cases will work with water cooling, but how about the A500. As a side note, I don’t plan to over clock but, at a later date I may change my mind. I also want to build a RGB show case also.

With all this being said, I am really looking at the 1000D for all the opportunity to continue to build and grow the PC.

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Corsair Employee

sounds like you just answered your own question haha but I do want to advise you to work with a smaller case since the 1000D required a lot of parts, so since you haven't build in a while, it may overwhelm and make the whole experience more troublesome than merit.

But that's just my opinion. The 500D is also a good alternative.

I started in a 500d SE RGB. It is a great case that you can do a very nice show build in. It has more "working room" than the 680x, but a little less cable management space. If you're not ready for the commitment of a 1000d I would start there. Trust me that the 1000d is a commitment. I have a smaller 1000d build with both an ATX system and an ITX system, both water cooled and I am running 16 fans. 1000d builds have a ways of expanding to fit available space. I would start in the 500, get back into the swing of things and decide if you want to make the jump. You may find you really love the size of the 500d.

-usna92