Corsair Community

Help with TWINX1024C2 settings with Asus P4p800 Delux

VZT

Hi, I just wondered if you could help me with some issues I seem to be having since I upgraded my memory. I can't find anything on the exact problem I'm having but I appologise if this is a repeat of an old question. My setup is listed below with Bios settings. Asus P4p800 Delux 2.8GHz P4 Bios setting at normal for CPU (i.e 200 FSB, 400DDR so no overclocking) DDR Voltage set to 2.75v I used to have a set of TWINX512 (2*256)- 3200C2 and had that running at 2-3-3-6 with Memory Acceleration Mode on in channels 1 & 3 so dual channel was active. Everything ran fine, no problems. I decided to build a new PC and brought a TWINX1024-3200C2 to use in my current computer with the intention of putting the old 512MB chips in the new PC. I recieved the TWINX1024 today but can't get it to run with the same settings as the old RAM even though it's still C2 memory. If I turn Memory Acceleration Mode off then it seems to run fine but with it on it has blue screens, bios errors and Memtest reports loads of errors. Should I be able to run those chips with Memory Acceleration Mode on or is it right that it all goes wrong when activated? What exactly does Memory Acceleration Mode do whilst we're on the subject? I know it minimises latencies but in what way? Thanks alot for any help you can offer!! These boards are really informative. All the best, Tim

• Corsair Employee
Let's try replacing your modules. Please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them. For the bios settings and questions, I would do a search for the setting in question at [url]www.rojakpot.com[/url] for more details about the specific setting or try a Google search.

Archived