Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 X570 BSOD / Solved!

Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU.

Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes!

- Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc.

- Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard

- Used 2 another same set of ram sticks

- RMA'd the mainboard and memory

- Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www)

- Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking

- Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V

- Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1

- Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums

- Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0

Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs

So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue :cool:

The following settings solved his issue:

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x

- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!

- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!

Memory slots used: A2/B2

And it also worked for me!

System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD.

Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors!

I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system.

Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues.

Update:

Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually.

Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.

Edited by RBurgundy
Update with latest BIOS 10c
  • Thanks 1

So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue :cool:

This was me and I wanted to share my experience too, since the problem seems to more widespread than just me.

I have the exact same memory kit, and an X570 Gigabyte board as well (X570 Master). Enabling XMP did not work properly. It always gave me errors when testing memory or when running Prime95 and it gave me BSOD's too. After a second or third boot, the BIOS also reverted back to JEDEC speeds (2133Mhz) even though the option XMP was still enabled in BIOS.

I have tried:

* Returning the RAM-kit. The shop tested it and it worked fine for them. They claim they tested on a x570 board with a 3600X.

* Returned the motherboard. They sent me a replacement board.

After this second RMA, I decided to further try out manual timings for the RAM kit. I had tried this earlier - and followed the ryzen dram calculator settings to the letter - but those also gave me errors. This time, I decided to just set the first five values in BIOS to the exact same as XMP would: 16-18-18-18-36. I noticed that my board would set the sixth value to 75, while XMP sets this to 54. So I tried dialing it down and ended up with 55 and 56 and everything ran fin without errors at 56.

Something is clearly not right here. I hope that a future BIOS update will resolve it. But as of now, this kit doesn't work correctly on x570 gigabyte boards. And it is on the QVL, so something is off.

I would also like to hear from other people who may have had the same issue and for which this solution solved this problem (setting the tRC to 56 instead of 54)

Edit: for what's it worth: I reproduced this issue with every BIOS version I tried: F10a, F7b, F5g, F5l,and probably more.

Edited by Djiezes
added details on BIOS versions
  • Confused 1

Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU.

Hi, I ran into the same BSOD issue on 2x16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on my ryzen 9 3900x gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE system with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB, BIOS F4 and windows 10 update 1903.

I tried what you described above, but unfortunately it did not help, my system just rebooted after testing with prime95, but there was no BSOD screen.

Perhaps in my case it is a lack of voltage on the CPU? I use the x40 multiplier without boost and auto voltage.

I also tried changing timings with Ryzen DRAM calculator on the samsung b-die and samsung OEM profiles, but also got BSOD

I wanted to ask which version of windows you use, on which version of AGESA you managed to achieve stable operation, and did you overclock your system?

Mine is 2B instead of 2C and i'll see if it works.

EDIT: Yo! It actually works! I can boot in Windows.

I need to test in the next days if its stable or not.

I didn't set the DRAM Voltage to 1.35v, its on Auto and the Auto setting is 1.35V

Only changed the tRc to 56 and it boots fine

RRm0idJ.png

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 v4.32 2x8 GB Kit is the RAM that i'm using and the Gigabyte Aorus PRO rev 1.0 with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA and Ryzen 3600.

Edited by Muffin001

This is similar to what I had to do with my CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32) kit.

I had to use tRC = 58 (from XMP 54+4)

If anyone is interested you can see my tightened timings and overclocks for this memory kit in the corsair thread link below. (see page 2)

It may give you some ideas what you can do with Zen+ and Zen2 CPU's.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187175&page=2

Hi guys, any settings for Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE and CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 ?

The magic formula is:

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually 1.35V as per memory spec

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x (for 3.200, set 36 for 3.600, etc.)

- Set the first five subtimings manually 16-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would)

- Set the sixth timing (tRC)

I have the Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE with Bios rel. F10 and Corsair 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM CMK32GX4M2B3200C16.

I have the following RAM settings manual set to (tab page Tweaker/Advanced Memory Settings)

CAS Latency=16

tRCDRD=18

tRCDWR=18

tRP=18

tRAS=36

tRC=55

Thats all here.

Furthermore I had to reduce the system memory multiplier. With me the system runs stable, if I set the multiplier from 32.00 to 31.33.

PS: XMP is enabled.

Edited by Delgado

• 3 months later...
Guys, I had two BSOD's lately. One was caused by IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. The other one from POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA. My PC is approximetly two weeks old. At first 32GB RAM (2*16GB, ver. 4.21) CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 was set with default values. Then I decided to turn XMP profile on at F11 BIOS of Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite. The PC was working fine few days. Suddenly I got two BSOD's today (mentioned above). After that I decided to give the settings from this topic a try. And I will leave you a note after few days observation. Edited by kapciu75

• 1 month later...

Hello RBurgundy!

I have the same RAM kit, with Ryzen 3700x and x570 Taichi MOBO, i try your tips and work a few days, then i change to "58" and works fine some days. Then i have some stack in windows with cpu pikes... and many problems try'n to render videos in Adobe Premiere.

I disabled the virtualization in my Bios, and now is working fine... i hope now all works fine.

I check the Taichi webpage, and they release a new Bios few days ago, i gonna try now.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I do have Gigabyte Gaming X 570X with latest bios F12e and in slot A2 and B2 when i put the ram with enabled X.M.P. all works fine till i run some games like WOW or Gears Tactic. Most of the programs and games works fine some don't. When I do set it to default 2133 all works stable. Just ordered new ram and will see how it perform with above settings.

Been trying to get the 3200 from my ram could never get anything but the 2133. Your settings are working so far. Now to do more testing for stability. Thanks again. Oh and this was my first build no issues but ram not running at advertised speed.

• 4 weeks later...

Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes!

- Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc.

- Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard

- Used 2 another same set of ram sticks

- RMA'd the mainboard and memory

- Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www)

- Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking

- Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V

- Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1

- Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums

- Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0

Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs

The following settings solved his issue:

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x

- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!

- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!

Memory slots used: A2/B2

And it also worked for me!

System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD.

Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors!

I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system.

Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues.

Update:

Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually.

Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.

@RBurgundy

Thank you very much ! I have an Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming + AMD Ryzen 2600X + CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 ( Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz CAS 16 ). I had a lot of BSOD with different error code ( most of the time it was : MEMORY_MANADGMENT or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ), google Chrome crashed a lot with error : STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in less than 10 minutes after launch when I activated the XMP profile and now , it work so fine , thank you my man !

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experience with making these Corsair RAM kits stable on X570.

Unfortunately, I too have faced these issues over the past few months. Since trying the settings from @RBurgundy's initial post, I have set all other values from tRC onwards to Auto.

I suspected this was to do with overvolting of RAM or SOC initially when I faced many BSOD's (more than 2 per day), as I realised my BIOS VDDG and VDDP was higher than normal (1100 and 1000) when comparing to the Ryzen DRAM calculator 'Safe' values which were recommended at 900. As per another thread, I used Thaiphoon software to read the XMP directly from the kit before importing it and using 'Calculate Safe' option on DRAM calculator.

Here's what I had it set to and was running reasonably stable for a while:

CPU: Ryzen 3700x running at 1.358V (Core Performance Boost set to Auto) speed boosts per core to around 4.3Ghz

16-18-18-18-36 and tRC at 56.

RAM Model: CMW32GX4M2*B*3200C16 kit in correct slots.

VDDG CCD Voltage - 900

VDDG IOD Voltage - 900

VDDP Voltage - 900

DRAM set to 1.35v

VCORE SOC Voltage set to v1.028 - Could not set to v1.025 as suggested as it seems my BIOS only has .022 and .028 options :(

Power Down mode - Disabled

Gear down mode - Enabled

Command Rate - 1T

This was stable up until this morning, despite several days of it working fine and 600% scope in MEMBench from DRAM Calculator 1.7.3 returning no errors!

Somehow it BSOD again with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (FLTMGR.sys), I have also had other BSOD's like IRQL_NOT_LESS etc. I have had this several times, but it seems to occur randomly, when not doing any other CPU / RAM intensive workloads or Idling (usually on my work calls!). Very Frustrating!

I have now set the tRC to be 58 (hopefully easier on the RAM as per a previous post). Will report back with any findings if this makes it more stable.

Any recommendations on how to better test the RAM? As errors never show up on Membench, but manifest in random occasional BSOD's.

If this still doesn't work, I will try downclocking to 3133mhz and tRC 55 as per a previous post in this thread or run without XMP at 2133mhz. Hope it doesn't come to it, but if I get anymore issues may end up just replacing for another kit, but shame to waste money on another 2x16GB DDR4 when for the most part this RAM works fine, should work as it is on the x570 Elite's QVL.

If any of you have suggestions on which replacement kits are stable on x570 elite with 3700x, would very much appreciate them!

Edited by arjs1000

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update if anyone else had these issues.

After replacing the RAM kit I still had the same random BSOD's, then I changed the CPU from the 3700x to a 3900x and have since had no issues with default bios and XMP settings. Others in the post pointed to the RAM being faulty, however in this case it turns out the CPU was causing the blue screens and maybe some of the voltage tweaks helped it run that I mentioned in my last post, but overall first batch of 3700x was possibly faulty and have since started an RMA.

Hope this helps

Quick update if anyone else had these issues.

After replacing the RAM kit I still had the same random BSOD's, then I changed the CPU from the 3700x to a 3900x and have since had no issues with default bios and XMP settings. Others in the post pointed to the RAM being faulty, however in this case it turns out the CPU was causing the blue screens and maybe some of the voltage tweaks helped it run that I mentioned in my last post, but overall first batch of 3700x was possibly faulty and have since started an RMA.

Hope this helps

How long have you used your new cpu. Did you sell your your old cpu or it was accepted as faulty by amd and replaced?

As far as I understand whats going on with a faulty ram is that: after you formatted your system it works good for a few days. Because of the faulty working of your rams your system drivers deteriote day by day. And you start having blue screens and crashes. And you reformat again thats going on like this repeatedly. Its like hidden cancer eating your health of the system slowly.

Hi guys.

I have similar problems.

Ryzen 7 3700X Gigabyte X570 UD (bios F20b now) 2x8gb ddr4 Patriot Viper [xmp 2.0] (2133/3200) 16 18 18 36 and 64 < for XMP 3200Mhz.

When I have XMP disabled everything works normally, but in windows system events I have "LiveKernelEvent 141". [this error usually means a hardware error/damage] I wonder if any of you have it in connection with the instability of the XMP profile, and not only...

I switched the graphics card, pulled out single frame dice and the error is always. could it be the CPU ??? :(

After switching XMP to auto, the tRC parameter is set to 64 in bios, but in windows alone it sometimes shows higher even over 70. When I turn off the XMP, the tRC should be 50 and this is in bios, but in windows I have tRC 51.

The problem is that XPM auto all = system instability, sometimes I have a few black screens a week, and sometimes 2 a day, sometimes for 3 days, another time everything works ok... Now I am testing the manual setting of XMP 16 18 18 36 and 56 - we will see how it will be with stability. But I am worried about this "LiveKernelEvent 141"

Because, as I wrote the swap graphics, the memory one by one is inserted and the error is always after turning on the PC and checking in the "event preview". Interestingly, when I have the XMP system turned on, it displays this error much more often than. Now the question is, is it a problem with CPU or frame memory instability?

The whole PC is new (March) and I have these problems all the time, on different drivers for gpu, on different drivers for chipsets, and on several bios...

Some time i see in "event preview" RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by A100N

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, Brand new i5-9600 with MSI Mech 5700 XT and

2x16 gB CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

The build came with XMP enabled and never lasted 10 min without BSOD in various places.

Memcheck reported 1 error the first tiem I ran and then no errors the second. Will retest.

Running Memory Stress Test in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility BSOD if I run for more than 30 min even if XMP is disabled in bios.

I have just tested for a couple of days but my impression is that when XMP is off and memory is at 2133Mhz it is stable but I would need further testing.

So, I do not think this is Ryzen related since I am on an Intel processor.

I am quite new to this, what would be your recomendation. Is it worth sending the build back so the store tests it with other RAM's? I would have just assumed that XMP would be stable.

I did try to set the mem speed to 2666Mhz since that is the official limit for Coffee Lake CPU's but it crashed there as well.

Any advice on how to proceed is highly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys i have problem witch ram gpu ets, i send my aorus xrx 5700 xt for warranty, im wait 3 weeks gigabyte send back my gpu "solved" and ALL my problem solved XMP 2,0 (auto) now works fine, and 0 bsod, 0 black screens 0 green screen, ano 0 any problems noe 3 weeks witchout any problems guys. MNaybe this message help someone.. gl:)

Hi guys! Not sure if this is helpful on the topic of compatibility of the RAM. I run a 4 x 8GB CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W set up on my Asus ROG Crosshairs III Hero with Ryzen 5 3600X.

I was able to overclock my sticks to 360Mhz last night with no troubles (luckily). I have had no issues with the 4 stick layout, is that something that is an issue with Ryzen chips that I am unaware of?