Corsair Community

[help] Multiple Glitches W/iCUE 3.7.99

Blackmartin

I regret letting iCUE update to this version of the software, as the previous version was working very well for me. The only thing that seems unaffected is my K95 Platinum keyboard, I have no experienced any lightning or usage issues with it but I suspect there is a larger issue with the software at play. If no one can think of a solution for me, can I possibly get a link to the version of iCUE that was directly before 3.7.99? I would love to be able to get back to stable state ASAP since I just got a brand new RTX 2080 that I need to show some love :biggrin: The problems i'm currently having are making my gaming experience horrible:

1. Mouse seems to be losing and connection and quickly reconnecting. I notice this mostly because when playing WoW I hold down right click 99% of the time for camera movement and it keeps registering as if I'm 'releasing' right click even if my finger is firmly on the button. I have taken the mouse apart and dusted, but alas it is still happening.

2. My Void headset also seems to be having connection issues as I continue to have sporadic static and crunchy sounds. This has also never happened before version 3.7.99. I have moved it around in various USB slots to see if perhaps one was failing, but the issue persists in every USB slot I use.

3. My RGB lighting in the computer (6 HD Fans, 1 LED Lighting Pro Kit) will randomly turn completely off for a second or two, and then return. Sometimes it goes back to the profile colors I currently have set, other times it will go back to the 'rainbow demo' mode for a second and then back to my profile.

This was added below, just want to add it here too.

eYqTCZ8.png

#3 sounds like the Corsair Service is crashing. Can you look in the Event Log for any events related to that? Also, exporting logs and posting them after this happens may be helpful.

These were the most recent ones I could find with Windows Event Log occuring on 9/22/18, I had multiple instance of this on that day with both of these errors just spamming over and over every minute:

Faulting application name: Corsair.Service.exe, version: 3.7.0.22, time stamp: 0x5b86786d

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24231, time stamp: 0x5b6db2d4

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c54f

Faulting process id: 0x15e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d452d98db5ac54

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\Corsair.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: cd2f6c7e-becc-11e8-a3e8-0026833265ec

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-23T01:05:46.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>72041</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Bryan-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Corsair.Service.exe</Data>

<Data>3.7.0.22</Data>

<Data>5b86786d</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.24231</Data>

<Data>5b6db2d4</Data>

<Data>e0434352</Data>

<Data>0000c54f</Data>

<Data>15e0</Data>

<Data>01d452d98db5ac54</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\Corsair.Service.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>cd2f6c7e-becc-11e8-a3e8-0026833265ec</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Application: Corsair.Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeDictionary(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Collections.IDictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeValue(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(System.Object, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer)

at CorsairLink4.DeviceCache.Services.SettingsStore.SaveSettings()

at CorsairLink4.DeviceCache.Services.SettingsStore.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)

at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnNext(System.__Canon)

at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.Throttle`1+_[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Propagate(System.Reactive.Concurrency.IScheduler, UInt64)

at System.Reactive.Concurrency.DefaultScheduler+<>c__DisplayClass4`1[[system.UInt64, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Schedule>b__3(System.Object)

at System.Reactive.Concurrency.ConcurrencyAbstractionLayerImpl+Timer.Tick(System.Object)

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()

at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-23T01:05:46.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>72040</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Bryan-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Application: Corsair.Service.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext() at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeDictionary(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Collections.IDictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeValue(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(System.Object, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer) at CorsairLink4.DeviceCache.Services.SettingsStore.SaveSettings() at CorsairLink4.DeviceCache.Services.SettingsStore.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object) at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnNext(System.__Canon) at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.Throttle`1+_[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Propagate(System.Reactive.Concurrency.IScheduler, UInt64) at System.Reactive.Concurrency.DefaultScheduler+<>c__DisplayClass4`1[[system.UInt64, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Schedule>b__3(System.Object) at System.Reactive.Concurrency.ConcurrencyAbstractionLayerImpl+Timer.Tick(System.Object) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback() at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

#3 sounds like the Corsair Service is crashing. Can you look in the Event Log for any events related to that? Also, exporting logs and posting them after this happens may be helpful.

BTW did you mean exporting iQUE logs? I havent had that turned on but I can turn it on if this problem keeps occuring. I will just need to know how to get the logs for you

BTW did you mean exporting iQUE logs? I havent had that turned on but I can turn it on if this problem keeps occuring. I will just need to know how to get the logs for you

Yes, the iCue logs. Go to Settings ... there's a button right there under where you enable/disable the logging.

Thanks for that. I've reported this to the appropriate channels at Corsair. If I hear anything definitive, I'll let you know.

Thank you much appreciated!

A quick side note: I assumed a lot of my crashing issues were tied to my 970 GTX SLI setup, as I have found a lot of people have had problems with them across multiple forums. After a ton of probing and possible solution fixes, I bucked up and bought an RTX2080 this week. My new issue is that the computer just randomly dies (it was resetting, but I removed the option for auto reset) and black screens. No BSOD like I would expect, more or less just stops everything including my lights. I have a relatively new Corsair HX1000i that I bought this year, is it possible the new Event ID 41, Kernal-Power error that I am now seeing is a sign that my PSU could be the underlying issue?

Corsair HX1000i ...Power error ... PSU could be the underlying issue?

It is possible, but that's a beefy power supply. No noise that seems out of the ordinary? I have had some power supplies of various brands get toasted in the past, but usually they will not turn on when they are not functioning. Even the rocker usually wont switch to on. I've only experienced it when they are at least 4 or 5 years old.

Can you try re-seating all of your power connections? All the extra power rails are run to your video card and motherboard?

Just some ideas, sorry to hear that i am sure you are excited about your new card. :)))

It is possible, but that's a beefy power supply. No noise that seems out of the ordinary? I have had some power supplies of various brands get toasted in the past, but usually they will not turn on when they are not functioning. Even the rocker usually wont switch to on. I've only experienced it when they are at least 4 or 5 years old.

Can you try re-seating all of your power connections? All the extra power rails are run to your video card and motherboard?

Just some ideas, sorry to hear that i am sure you are excited about your new card. :)))

Yeah I actually gave that a try earlier today. Opened up the case and made sure everything was seated properly, including connections to the PSU, and rail connections to the motherboard, GPU, SSD/HD, and my light setup (Corsair commander + node pro.)

hmm thats awful can you do the really, really annoying job of booting once at a clip backing out a single piece of hardware at a time and see if it still happens? Maybe like a single old 970 if you still have it around and one stick of ram and no commander and node pro and even cut down on usbs and chassis fans etc and see if you can get it to boot reliably? its a real pain in the ____ but it does help diagnosis. Also perhaps the hd or ssd, whichever your non boot drive is, unplugging from mobo and sata power if applicable and optical drives.

hmm thats awful can you do the really, really annoying job of booting once at a clip backing out a single piece of hardware at a time and see if it still happens? Maybe like a single old 970 if you still have it around and one stick of ram and no commander and node pro and even cut down on usbs and chassis fans etc and see if you can get it to boot reliably? its a real pain in the ____ but it does help diagnosis. Also perhaps the hd or ssd, whichever your non boot drive is, unplugging from mobo and sata power if applicable and optical drives.

This will be my next step if I see instability again. I’m gonna be moving everything over to the next Intel Gen 9 / 390 motherboards as soon as they get released anyways, I’m just kind of buying time at this point. Fiddling with BIOS settings on my overclock CPU, so far so good. Also I’ve disabled hardware monitoring in iCUE for the time being and letting Afterburner be the only monitoring program. So far the system seems stable but I need to stress it further to see if I get anymore random reboots or iCUE crashes.

This will be my next step if I see instability again. I’m gonna be moving everything over to the next Intel Gen 9 / 390 motherboards as soon as they get released anyways, I’m just kind of buying time at this point. Fiddling with BIOS settings on my overclock CPU, so far so good. Also I’ve disabled hardware monitoring in iCUE for the time being and letting Afterburner be the only monitoring program. So far the system seems stable but I need to stress it further to see if I get anymore random reboots or iCUE crashes.

ahh yes afterburner was a problem for someone else had to do with the system monitoring conflicting somehow. That was a likely culprit. Off topic, what I9 are you buying, the big daddy when its announced? It is probably going to be a grand+? I have an 8700k I am pretty darn happy with and a z370 so I'm probably not going there anytime soon.

ahh yes afterburner was a problem for someone else had to do with the system monitoring conflicting somehow. That was a likely culprit. Off topic, what I9 are you buying, the big daddy when its announced? It is probably going to be a grand+? I have an 8700k I am pretty darn happy with and a z370 so I'm probably not going there anytime soon.

Yeah I want the big daddy i9. 8 cores 16 threads sounds pretty awesome to me ;)

Archived