Corsair Community

[feature request] Discussion

scepter

1. Granular Brightness/Opacity control for all lighting effects regardless whether or not

they're preset lighting profiles , this is a pet peeve of mine sense most of

the lighting control software's on the market dont let you control

Brightness with there preset lighting profiles like CAM and AURA

this to me should be a standard....WHY YOU DO DIS

2. The default Commander pro lighting profile that was added in the last

update to Link

3. The rainbow wave lighting profile from link im not a fan of the new one in

icue

feel free to add any of your own feature requests below :biggrin:

1. I would like to see Sound control integrated as a lighting effect for node/commander pro.

2. Brightness/Opacity is a big one.

3. Easier to mix effects onto individually addressable RGB lights.

4. The ability to relabel each fan as 1, 2, 3. Instead of having to move them on the commander/node pro to function as the correct fan number.

1. RAM Temperature like in CL.

2. Ability to save one default light profile to commander pro like in CL if you have older HD-fans and RGB strip.

3. Dashboard as a page, not really a toggle down menu.

4. Ability to re-size dashboard boxes if there's only 2 graphs.

I would like to see the ability to choose device order for link lighting effects via software. For example I have keyboard, mousepad, commander pro and two lighting node pros with 21 RGB fan and led strip devices attached. When using type lighting ripple and visor lighting link effects the pattern follow the same flow:

keyboard > mousepad > node pro #1 port1 > node pro #1 port2 > node pro #2 port1 > node pro #2 port2 > commander pro port1 > commander pro port2

It would be nice to adjust this via iCUE and not have to plug everything in and find out which order things flow, then have to plug devices in to the correct port to get the total system flow how you want it.

I'd like profiles to be switched from the command line so I can use Task Scheduler to automate switching

Strong second, I will literally send $money$ to Corsair for any type of programmatic implementation of profile switching from outside CUE, SDK, command line, timers, anything.

Strong second, I will literally send $money$ to Corsair for any type of programmatic implementation of profile switching from outside CUE, SDK, command line, timers, anything.

I was talking about this in anothet thread and someone pointed at that there are probably loads of people who want their gear at full brightness during the day and dimmed at night, and that this feature of time-dependent brightness can't be hard to implement directly. Please bring this feature to iCUE!

Simple RGB control for motherboards. I understand that the motherboards RGB doesn't meet your standards but allowing us to make simple changes like color cycling and color committee would help with syncing the whole look of everything. I know gigabyte and Asus have SDKs for their software.

I love the dashboard and would very much like to see more utility here. It would be awesome if we had more control over the layout. It's a pain to move the individual panes around right now (pun intended), and it would be great if I could right-click on one of the graphs within a given pane and resize it, control how far back in time it goes, etc.

I have to say that I was waiting for Corsair's sync it (aka iCue) for about a year and half since they demonstrated at CES or computex last year, as I was tired from the way that Link is controlling my fans and lighting strips, I have to be honest, when thermaltake announced their Riing plus I have thought about switching to it everyday ever since, as an enthusiastic you can imagine the pain that I was going through, but yet again I was looking to myself and say "HEY HOW ABOUT SOME LOYALTY" when it comes to that its not always about money, I appreciate that iCue still in early access, but I have expected a lot more of it, since these features were already in the demo that I seen from last year, and any one beside me would think that hey look at these awesome features, imagine how how more features there will be when it gets released, but obviously I have only seen the same features that was demonstrated.

I hope by readying this some actions are to be made to add the features requested above by the users, and what I'm about to add right here:

1- The profile doesn't save in either commander pro or Node pro, and iCue is switching back to default profile after restarting computer or start if from a shut down.

2- There is limitation in term of creating our own profiles for HD120 fans, assuming other corsair fans as well, we are sticked to corsair link profiles and we only able to modify it a little, as I didn't see lots of options when I tried to create mine.

3- Sound reacting (audio visualizer), most of the RGB manufactures now are moving toward it, Logitech added it in their last update, it would be a good move if corsair goes toward it as well, since its gives the user a sort of a profile that has a lot of random effects, hence they won't get bored easily, appreciate if this features doesn't be a preset in which it can enable the user to create his own audio visualizer to react to a certain games events " pressing nitro in racing, shooting bullets, killing an other characters, etc".

4- as probably said above, lighting brightness, there is also a limitation in it, I would expect it to be more active, in which it can be added to the profile settings, for instance it if its can go from low brightness to a higher in a profile in a dynamic way, and its to be up to the user to define it.

5- the fans itself in certain actions, they are preset to start from LED one which is coded in the commander pro or the node pro, an option to number these fans and to enable the user to set a starting LED on each, in lots of cases the user doesn't care about how fan is being oriented to serve the starting LED lights, yet he installs it in a way that serves cable management or what he prefers, in some cases LED 1 can be up, or down or left, or right, if this to be added he can define the orientation from inside the software.

6- to add an option to enable the user to upload their profiles, and to down load it on the web.

7- when a specif LEDs are being selected while settings the profile, and these lighting options are moved to the library, the LEDs selections are not being saved, despite that the user is intending to use it for a same configuration.

That's all from my side, I hope that I can find more to add to it, to make corsair iCue better.

Abdulqader

I have to say that I was waiting for Corsair's sync it (aka iCue) for about a year and half since they demonstrated at CES or computex last year, as I was tired from the way that Link is controlling my fans and lighting strips, I have to be honest, when thermaltake announced their Riing plus I have thought about switching to it everyday ever since, as an enthusiastic you can imagine the pain that I was going through, but yet again I was looking to myself and say "HEY HOW ABOUT SOME LOYALTY" when it comes to that its not always about money, I appreciate that iCue still in early access, but I have expected a lot more of it, since these features were already in the demo that I seen from last year, and any one beside me would think that hey look at these awesome features, imagine how how more features there will be when it gets released, but obviously I have only seen the same features that was demonstrated.

I hope by readying this some actions are to be made to add the features requested above by the users, and what I'm about to add right here:

1- The profile doesn't save in either commander pro or Node pro, and iCue is switching back to default profile after restarting computer or start if from a shut down.

Hardware playback is on the list of To-Dos.

2- There is limitation in term of creating our own profiles for HD120 fans, assuming other corsair fans as well, we are sticked to corsair link profiles and we only able to modify it a little, as I didn't see lots of options when I tried to create mine.

I don't understand what you mean here. There are some standard effects - which are similar to Link - and the custom effects where you can go crazy. There's also the layering of effects; you aren't tied to just one effect. It's quite different from how Link did things and you can get some really crazy stuff going on.

3- Sound reacting (audio visualizer), most of the RGB manufactures now are moving toward it, Logitech added it in their last update, it would be a good move if corsair goes toward it as well, since its gives the user a sort of a profile that has a lot of random effects, hence they won't get bored easily, appreciate if this features doesn't be a preset in which it can enable the user to create his own audio visualizer to react to a certain games events " pressing nitro in racing, shooting bullets, killing an other characters, etc".

Reacting to sound generically may be possible but it's not a current feature. Reacting to sounds in certain game events is something that requires integration with the game. Have you seen the Far Cry 5 effects?

4- as probably said above, lighting brightness, there is also a limitation in it, I would expect it to be more active, in which it can be added to the profile settings, for instance it if its can go from low brightness to a higher in a profile in a dynamic way, and its to be up to the user to define it.

You can do this via layered, custom effects. It may not be quite as dynamic as you'd like but it's there.

5- the fans itself in certain actions, they are preset to start from LED one which is coded in the commander pro or the node pro, an option to number these fans and to enable the user to set a starting LED on each, in lots of cases the user doesn't care about how fan is being oriented to serve the starting LED lights, yet he installs it in a way that serves cable management or what he prefers, in some cases LED 1 can be up, or down or left, or right, if this to be added he can define the orientation from inside the software.

I know that they are looking at this.

6- to add an option to enable the user to upload their profiles, and to down load it on the web.

This is in process; they are revamping the RGBShare site.

7- when a specif LEDs are being selected while settings the profile, and these lighting options are moved to the library, the LEDs selections are not being saved, despite that the user is intending to use it for a same configuration.

Hmmm ... interesting. I don't think that this is the intended use case.

That's all from my side, I hope that I can find more to add to it, to make corsair iCue better.

Abdulqader

Keep the feedback coming!

There's some really good suggestions here, but here's a simple one; anyone else notice how Rainbow isn't in Lighting Link? Seems like a super basic, essential one. I'm not one for the flashing/strobing effects but I really wish I could sync the rainbow one across all of my stuff. It's a really nice, basic, almost relaxing effect.

I'm going to list a few others that pop into my head, continually editing this post as time goes on;

1. Brightness Slider that acts on top of effects for all connected devices simultaneously? This would be great and pretty easy to implement (maybe?)

2. Since there is per-LED control, why do I have to stack several layers just to get iCUE to display different colors on one fan/LED strip? Give me a GUI of the strip itself and let me click around and add colors per-LED (see: NZXT CAM. This is one of the only things about it I miss.)

there are probably loads of people who want their gear at full brightness during the day and dimmed at night, and that this feature of time-dependent brightness can't be hard to implement directly. Please bring this feature to iCUE!

This is a great idea.

Simple RGB control for motherboards. I understand that the motherboards RGB doesn't meet your standards but allowing us to make simple changes like color cycling and color committee would help with syncing the whole look of everything. I know gigabyte and Asus have SDKs for their software.

I think this would be great, even if it was just to set everything to one color at first. In the end it would be awesome if we could control zones and headers on the motherboard like we do with LNP.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see the ability to choose device order for link lighting effects via software. For example I have keyboard, mousepad, commander pro and two lighting node pros with 21 RGB fan and led strip devices attached. When using type lighting ripple and visor lighting link effects the pattern follow the same flow:

keyboard > mousepad > node pro #1 port1 > node pro #1 port2 > node pro #2 port1 > node pro #2 port2 > commander pro port1 > commander pro port2

It would be nice to adjust this via iCUE and not have to plug everything in and find out which order things flow, then have to plug devices in to the correct port to get the total system flow how you want it.

+1 I know I can switch around the connectors on the lnp, but I cant switch around the location of my peripherals on the desk. The ability to set device order would be great!

Archived