Corsair Community

Asus P5W DH Deluxe & Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX

Muttley59

• Corsair Employee
Make sure that you have the latest Bios version and that you have a 1066 FSB CPU then load setup defaults and set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts under Jumper Free and also set the AI Over clock Profile to Manual and then you can set the memory Frequency at 400Mhz/DD2-800.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have two 1GB Sticks of Corsair XMS 6400Pro installed on my newly built AMD system. Asus Crosshair am2 motherboard.

The timing in the Bios said 5-5-5-18 T2. I changed it to 5-5-5-12-T2, but still get a blue screen now and then.

The Bios says the DRAM is running at 1.95v and my CPU is at 1.44

I keep getting Blue Screens of Death off and on as I use my system.

Rendering Video, DVDs,and playing games "BF2" ox77 and oxc00000185

I have updated all my drivers, Bios,etc.

I have 4 SATA drives in SATA config. Non raid. in Sata 1,2,3,4.

I have 2 GB of Corsair XMS6400Pro installed Each stick in a Blue Slot.

What's up? This is a new AMD system I just built.

Asus Crosshair

AMD64X2 6000+

I get at least 2 to 3 BSOD a day.

PLEASE HELP!!!

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Also you can see what the stop error is at http://www.microsoft.com/technet.

Archived