Corsair Community

Corsair 3 Padlock - Extra PIN Numbers are Valid

jghbelgium

My Padlock 3 opens when you've entered the sufficient number of PIN digits, not the exact number of digits. This means if your PIN is 1234, but you enter 12345, the USB will unblock and open. Upfront, I cannot see any security logic to this and it actually seems faulty as you do not expect anything other than the PIN (as you know it) to open the USB; just as you would not expect anything other than your password (even if it is one letter longer) to open your mail or computer.

Update!: After playing around for a while, I found a new bug: My PIN was 3759. If I enter the PIN 3758, it is also accepted; as if what counted was the final key and not the final number. This combines with the previous error. That is if your PIN is 3759 and you enter 37581, it still unblocks. Does this replicate with you guys?

Update! Yet another bug. To eliminate the risk of the 4,5, 6 digit PINs I spoke of earlier I established a 7 digit PIN for my Padlock. It turns out the Padlock 3 unblocks when entering just 6 of the 7 designated PINs... truly amazing. I hope this is a problem with just my USB or my lot.

• 3 months later...

Archived