Corsair Community

HS70 Static in left Ear

Alphaalphaalpha

Hey there,

just got my HS70 wireless today, hooked it up and instantly noticed the hissing sound only (!) in the left ear.

Following attempts at fixing have been made:

> Microphone on/ off doesn't change a thing

> Tried reinstalling the firmware via iCUE

> Different slot for the USB receiver

> Reverting any Equalizer effects back to default

Notes:

> Audio playing from my PC does not affect the static sound.

> Static stops when the USB receiver is pulled out

> No issues with my other headset or In-Ears (Headset is via USB, Cable; In-Ears are 3.5mm)

> No difference between selecting 7.1 or Stereo in iCUE

> Static level does not increase or decrease, no matter the combination of "loudness" from the headset or my PC settings

> Static level is not affected by distance to receiver (does not matter whether I'm 50cm away, in the same room or two rooms over)

> No matter how I balance left-right audio on my PC, left is always more pronounced (when listening to dialogue it always sounds like the conversation is way further left than it appears visually; same for gaming and music)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<3

Final note- if I can't fix this I'll be returning the headset and look for a new one, either wireless or with a wire. But this... I've been using it for a couple of hours now and when there's a permanent sound source (like a game, movie, etc.) it's fine, but when I'm sitting on voice comms, listening to music, or worst of all not doing anything it's getting unbearable.

PC Specs:

Win 10

i5 4670k

GTX 1080

MSI B85-G43

16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Archived