Corsair Community

old ram from dealer ???

shoti72

hello i owned a set 2x4 gigs from this ram: CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9...it is brand new. but now i saw on the internet, that version 5.11 is around and mine are only version 2.12 ....is it old ram ?? if it is iám not very happy about that

greetings from germany

Correct raven49. As per the IC list on the left, version numbers indicate which IC manufacturer was used. The date of production is the first 4 digits in the lot number. The first 2 digits are the year, the next 2 are the week.

lot 110903165.....it´s 1,5 year old....****......i´ll never buy more parts from this dealer.....i think the newer chips are easilier to overclock.....damn...i am really pissed..

oops.....brain was to slow to get it....1109, menas it is pretty new !!......am i right ??

GOOD DEALER :D:

hello i owned a set 2x4 gigs from this ram: CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9...it is brand new. but now i saw on the internet, that version 5.11 is around and mine are only version 2.12 ....is it old ram ?? if it is iám not very happy about that

As Wired stated, version numbers have nothing to do with the age of the RAM. The one- or two-digit number after the decimal point indicates which non-IC parts (such as the PCB) were used on the module(s) in question.

That said, as per the DDR3 IC list, version 2.x indicates Elpida ICs while version 5.x indicates Hynix ICs.

Archived