Corsair Community

Corsair Link show 1 or 7 Temps spiking repeatedly 127C to 0C

wyzard49

A couple of months ago I decided to do something about the CPU temperature, which originally showed at 28C on startup 4 years ago, but over the years has creeped up to 36-38C. The Corsair community suggested reapplying the thermal compound to my liquid cooler... which worked great and the CPU temp was back down to 27-28C!

A couple weeks ago I had some issues with a couple of fans starting to go bad. Yesterday I got them replaced. I fired up the Corsair Link and I noticed the following under the heading Asus Maximus Extreme VI.

There are 7 temperature monitor points for the MOBO

Temp #1 26C

Temp #2 29C

Temp #3 26C

Temp #4 30C

Temp #5 48C

**Temp #6 This is the reason for the post. It spikes at 127C for a second and then 0C for 2-3 seconds, repeatedly.

Temp #7 36C

All the other temperatures are steady.

I'm not sure who to question about how to understand what is causing the Temp #6 spiking.

Is there a way to find out what the ASUS MOBO monitor points are. Maybe I have something blocked or covered.

I have extra external filters that I clean monthly and I open the PC up monthly and vacuum it .

I am putting the same question to the ASUS site. This may be what the Corsair Link does if there is no Temp #6 monitor info. I just never noticed if this ever happened before.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions. This Maximus Extreme VI was my first PC build and even though it is about 4-5 years old I still love this beast a lot.

Thanks