The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > iCUE SLIPSTREAM Open Beta

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2019, 04:34 PM

POST ID # = 1027261
slipstreamdongl Reputation: 10
Default reverting 1:1

Can your customers get more info on reverting to 1:1 other than following the UI prompts? Specifically, what to do when the reversing process glitches out, or a customer makes a mistake and bricks the dongles.

Using corsair.com, the email tech support, after spending an hour filling in all the requested info and taking pictures of part numbers and serial numbers, after waiting days for a response not being able to use my sweet new Corsair gear, direct me here to register in a forum. "... our senior supports only refer us to the forums." hmmm????

I have "unavailable" corrupted dongles. Very likely they will need their original firmware. NO? These will be files Corsair provide. Right? Why am I posting in a forum? (and 3 days only to be told to do that?) You need my P/Ns and S/Ns correct? Do you want people to publicly post those? This feels so weird.... I'm leaning towards just returning the devices at this point.

Here's the beta feedback:
1) warn people tech support will be a special affair.
2) Corsair may want to have a predetermined reversal process, including a universal original firmware flash for corrupted unavailable dongles.
3) Ideally, Corsair could decide the unique pairing that necessitates knowing the devices' P/Ns and S/Ns in the first place should be scrapped, as the security benefits do not outweigh the negatives... especially in a beta testing environment. Open Beta Test with your reset-pathways ready to roll and, in fact, well-trodden, especially since 3:1 is a much talked about selling point.

Last edited by slipstreamdongl; 12-12-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:03 PM
JasonBabler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027303
JasonBabler Reputation: 10

I have had the same issue and how my Virtuoso SE will no longer connect through wireless no matter what I try.

I first set up slip stream for 3 devices, K57, Ironclaw, and Virtuoso.
Afterword the keyboard and mouse both worked fine with the slipstream dongle however the headset did not. Tried flashing firmware etc. Nothing.
Reverted back, followed the instructions, finished. Keyboard and mouse both work fine with original dongles, headset won't connect.

Tried pairing headset, firmware, everything. Nothing works.
Now my expensive "wireless" headset only works wired. Great!

I understand things are in beta but there needs to be more support for these issues and maybe some warnings first. This could brick your equipment. Also, don't advertise a feature that is barely working in beta and will brick your expensive gear even when following the procedures.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027311
DevBiker Reputation: 94

If y'all have logs of when you bricked the dongles, that'd be excellent ... we can FW them on to Corsair.

Unfortunately, at this time, there's no fix for the dongles. I would see about getting an RMA or if you can just get a replacement dongle. I'm surprised that support sent y'all here.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-15-2019, 09:07 PM

POST ID # = 1027643
slipstreamdongl Reputation: 10
Default lost customer

over it. returned. (and not replacing.. K57, Harpoon Wireless, and Virtuoso are good devices -actually the Virtuoso may be one of the best sounding headsets I've ever heard and I've had extensive use with some outstanding headphones as a professional recording engineer- but I can't support a company that leaves you hanging like this)

warning for others: If you happen to come to this thread BEFORE you brick your devices' wireless capabilities I would recommend NOT attempting to combine dongles at this point. But if you do and run into problems just bear with those issues for the time being if at all possible until the tech has a reset pathway in place. Do NOT try to revert 1:1 as if there are problems you will not receive support from Corsair. Return them immediately for a replacement.

best of luck everyone

Last edited by slipstreamdongl; 12-15-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:39 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1027888
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstreamdongl View Post
over it. returned. (and not replacing.. K57, Harpoon Wireless, and Virtuoso are good devices -actually the Virtuoso may be one of the best sounding headsets I've ever heard and I've had extensive use with some outstanding headphones as a professional recording engineer- but I can't support a company that leaves you hanging like this)

warning for others: If you happen to come to this thread BEFORE you brick your devices' wireless capabilities I would recommend NOT attempting to combine dongles at this point. But if you do and run into problems just bear with those issues for the time being if at all possible until the tech has a reset pathway in place. Do NOT try to revert 1:1 as if there are problems you will not receive support from Corsair. Return them immediately for a replacement.

best of luck everyone
Sorry for the issues you experienced. It isn't the dongle that bricked. In actuality, you helped us identify an issue that causes the process to not completely pair the devices after the firmware is updated on all of the devices. All you had to do was initiate pairing again as a workaround to get them to work. We will look into improving this process - if you're willing to try again, let me know personally and I'll walk you through it myself.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 12-24-2019, 12:04 AM

POST ID # = 1028409
jimox Reputation: 10

James i am not sure that is correct. I now have two dongles that seem to be bricked. I tried to pair them both again but for both it just endlessly says pairing with a message saying to ensure that the USB wireless receiver is inserted. I can see devices show up in the device manager when I plug them in. However, for both dongles a mouse and keyboard show up when i plug them in (instead of just one or the other). There seems to be no way to revert this or repair it.

Last edited by jimox; 12-24-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:07 AM

POST ID # = 1029016
jimox Reputation: 10

@Corsair James is there a solution for this? ATM I have a keyboard and a mouse that can't use wireless. Do I need to return them?
Old 01-06-2020, 10:26 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1030115
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimox View Post
@Corsair James is there a solution for this? ATM I have a keyboard and a mouse that can't use wireless. Do I need to return them?
I replied to your main thread.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue